Username Post: The Sheilas Postcard Circle Journal-Full/Active        (Topic#1493595)
Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom
In response to txerica

Congrats Erica!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's awesome!

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom
In response to txerica

I know with card I got published, they picked the one I submitted that I liked the least too. haha

txerica
Governor
txerica
In response to Scraptastic Mom

We had a terrible thing happen on Monday night.
David (foolishly) went by himself, at night, with cash, to buy an ipad from someone on Craig's List.
He got beat up and robbed by 3 guys.
He's OK, but I was so scared for him, especially since I was away and couldn't do anything but worry.

He took off yesterday to recover, and take care of all the cr@p that goes along with having your wallet and phone stolen.
I'm sorry he had to learn a lesson the hard way, but we're thankful that it wasn't worse.

txerica
Governor
txerica
In response to txerica

I use Craig's List occasionally to look for estate and garage sales, but nothing more. And I never will.

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom
In response to txerica

OH MY GOD Erica!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's terrible!!!!

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom

I'm glad he wasn't hurt seriously but oh my God, that's terrifying!!! Did the police get the 3 guys?

txerica
Governor
txerica

David talked to AT&T yesterday and retrieved the phone number that he contacted. He gave that info to the police and they were able to trace it to the owner. I don't know if they have bothered to do anything more with it. This happened in Dallas, so I know it is a low priority - but it shouldn't be because people are getting hurt and it could get worse.
If it happened in one of our "fancy" suburbs, they'd have a special task force devoted to it I'm sure.

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom
In response to txerica

I hope the police can trace the original Craigslist ad. They certainly don't want a rash of attacks on people responding to Craigslist ads. Can David also report the incident to Craigslist as well? Perhaps they can give the internet info of a suspect to police?

You must have been sick with worry. I'm freaked out about it for you guys!

txerica
Governor
txerica

When he called to tell me what happened, he was waiting on the police to show up, so I only talked to him for about a minute before they got there and had no idea at the time what was stolen. I worried and worried, and then called my neighbor to have her check on the house. I was worried that if they stole his car, they'd have the home address and house keys. But, that didn't happen and all was fine on that end.
His lip was cut and swolen and he has a huge, red bruise on his hip. We think he was kicked, but he has no recollection of what happened to him after he was punched in the face. He did get a really good look at the guys and was able to describe them to the police.

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom
In response to txerica

Hi Erica - Glad to hear you had a good time. My knee is feeling better. Congrats on being in another magazine. I guess David has to buy you something else.

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom

OMG ERICA! That is horrible. I can't believe that happened. I hear about crazy things that happen like that but never knew anyone. I hope he starts feeling better soon!!!

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom
In response to kirkkevinsmom

I am freaked out for the two of you too! That is so scary!!!

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom
In response to kirkkevinsmom

Oh God, that's so scary Erica!!!! Did the police recommend changing locks etc?

txerica
Governor
txerica

No, they didn't get his car or keys, I was just afraid they did.

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom
In response to txerica

That's a relief!

txerica
Governor
txerica

Good morning!
Boy, we weren't very chatty yesterday.

txerica
Governor
txerica
In response to txerica

Julie, did you find your memory card for your camera?

Scrappin-Debbi
Diva
Scrappin-Debbi
In response to txerica

Congrats to you Erica! what an honor.

Scrappin-Debbi
Diva
Scrappin-Debbi
In response to Scrappin-Debbi

OMG Erica, It's a shame this world is so full of bad people. Thank God it was not worse.

Scrappin-Debbi
Diva
Scrappin-Debbi
In response to Scrappin-Debbi

I was in jury duty yesterday. I got dismissed during deliberation. I hung around to see what the jerdict would be. They were told to return today. There was a guy from my job on the same jury. What are the chances of that.....I'm gonna try to see him tomorrow.

You all have a nice day. I'm getting ready for my nap.

NAPS ARE GOOD!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics