Username Post: The Sheilas Postcard Circle Journal-Full/Active        (Topic#1493595)
dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8
In response to Scraptastic Mom

• Scraptastic Mom Said:
  • txerica Said:
We put up our tree on Saturday and David tried to get the lights that blew out last year working, but couldn't. We went to Walmart to buy a string of lights and ended up buying a new tree. I've searched everywhere for a new tree and couldn't find a nice one. I NEVER would have guessed that I'd find it at walmart. Their other trees were kind of small and chintzy, but they had one that was just perfect.
So then we had to take down the old tree and put up the new one. Now my tree is up and decorated, and all the lights work.

You are on the ball. Can you come here and decorate please?

here too

Good Morning!!

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8

glad you has a blast Joyce.

Erica, maybe you can send some of those pastries to Joyce

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8
In response to dianapena8

Snow already Julz?

txerica
Governor
txerica

My family had snow in NJ last week. 2 inches.
I think the shore areas are supposed to go back to school this week. I don't know how they'll make up all the time they missed since the hurricane.

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom
In response to txerica

It stopped luckily. Hate seeing white stuff before Dec.

When I was in high school, we had a horrible ice storm and we had no power for 2 weeks. The high school was a red cross shelter so we couldn't go to school. We didn't have to make it up.

txerica
Governor
txerica

Wow - I can't imagine no electricity for 2 weeks, especially in the winter. At least we have a fireplace for minimal warmth.

txerica
Governor
txerica
In response to txerica

Good morning!
I did not get any decorating done yesterday. Hopefully today I can clean my hutch and mantel so I get them finished.

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom
In response to txerica

• txerica Said:
Good morning! I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Joyce, it sounds like you had a great time, and get to do it again this weekend!
I had the IHOP pumpkin pancakes a couple weeks ago. The only time I go to IHOP is to get pumpkin pancakes in the fall.

David was stopping at walmart on his way home Friday night, so I told him to get the mini pumpkin cupcakes if they had them. He bought them, and a box of pumpkin iced cookies, a box of Krispy Kreme pumpkin donuts, a Krispy Kreme pumpkin pie, and a container of pumpkin muffins. I was so irritated that he wasted money on all the junk food that I have not been buying for more than 6 months. He doesn't get it. Then he wonders why he gains weight.

Good Morning! WOW!! Does he have a sweet tooth? LOL

The pumpkin pancakes were good and the ice cream too. I had more ice cream last night due to the steelers playing badly. But they did win.

kirkkevinsmom
Diva
kirkkevinsmom
In response to txerica

I thought about decorating yesterday but I was going thru my scrapbooking stuff and organizing stuff. I have a pile of stuff that I haven't used or touched so I'm putting that on ebay some time. I have some little things that I will give to my boss Rosie. I don't see me decorating now until after Thanksgiving. This weekend would have been perfect to decorate outside. We had 70 degree weather here. Now today it is 30!

txerica
Governor
txerica
In response to kirkkevinsmom

I made a Christmas tree topper yesterday. I was tired of our usual gold bow, and the primitive angel I have was balance too precariously to be safe.
I'm hoping to be able to embellish the one I made a little more, but we'll see if that happens.

txerica
Governor
txerica
In response to txerica

Good morning!

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom
In response to txerica

• txerica Said:
I made a Christmas tree topper yesterday. I was tired of our usual gold bow, and the primitive angel I have was balance too precariously to be safe.
I'm hoping to be able to embellish the one I made a little more, but we'll see if that happens.

Good morning! That sounds pretty Erica!

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8

Good Morning!

training day yesterday, it kept me very busy

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8

I have so many crafty things to do
hopefully today I can finish my housework fast and spend time in my scraproom

txerica
Governor
txerica

Di, when will you start your maternity leave?

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8
In response to txerica

I asked to start a week before my due date Jan/28, but I might change my mind, it really depends on how I feel by then, and also I've heard first time moms are normally late, I'll check with my doctor. I don't want to just be sitting home pregnant taking over days I'd rather use once baby E is here

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom

Hi Di! Yeah, you might want that time to spend with Elisa. 12 weeks goes so fast really.

dianapena8
Governor
dianapena8

• Scraptastic Mom Said:
Hi Di! Yeah, you might want that time to spend with Elisa. 12 weeks goes so fast really.

They do
I asked my boss if I could work half a day during my first months back, he said yes but we still don't know how many months I'll be doing that, after a while I will need to start getting my 40 hour pay check again

txerica
Governor
txerica

Di, have you found a sitter or day care for when you go back to work?

Scraptastic Mom
Queen
Scraptastic Mom

• dianapena8 Said:
  • Scraptastic Mom Said:

They do
I asked my boss if I could work half a day during my first months back, he said yes but we still don't know how many months I'll be doing that, after a while I will need to start getting my 40 hour pay check again

You'll need those 40 hr. paychecks for daycare.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics