Page 1 of 42 
Username Post: FEBRUARY AGC anything goes challenge **POINTS LIST UP**        (Topic#1493647)
2lilbugs
Mayor
2lilbugs

Can you believe it's time for February sign ups already?

Are you ready for an exciting month of challenges that will spark your creativity and make you to step outside your comfort zone by challenging you to try variety of techniques? You may even complete that project you always wanted to finish. If so, welcome to February Anything Goes Challenge!

As usual, we will enjoy daily challenges, weekly challenges, weekly photo challenges and a monthly challenge.

SIGN-UPS will be open until February 10th

If you are playing for points/prizes please send me $8.00 via USPS no later than February 15th. If you don't want to count points, you can always play motivational (but you won't be eligible for the prizes).

Please mail to:
Melanie Winters
1141 E Linda Ave.
Pueblo West CO, 81007

Alternately you can pay via PayPal by sending money to
winters81007@msn.com
If you select this method, you will have to pay $8.55 to cover PayPal fees but that’s not that bad considering stamp would cost you $0.41

Only pages that are NEWLY completed and uploaded on or after February 1st count towards your total points and layouts.

PRIZES: Gift certificates to sb.com !

**Prize Categories**
(prize amounts will be based upon the number of players)

1 - Most points overall - no matter what your goal was or how many layouts you complete, if you have the most points at the end of the month, then you win this category...

2 - Most points 10 or less layouts - if you set your goal for 10 or less layouts and complete 10 or less layouts for the month, then you are eligible for this category - if you complete more than your goal of 10 (or less) then congrats to you, but that moves you to the other categories...

3 - Random drawing of everyone who meets their goal - very simple, meet your goal and I will put all names into a hat at the end of the month and draw

4 – Most daily challenges completed - I will post a new challenge everyday and if you do them, keep track of how many you complete, and you will be eligible for a prize at the end of the month. If there is a tie, then there will be a drawing. (To be eligible for this category, please start a blog at sb.com to list your challenges completed. Please note that otherwise stated daily challenges are meant to be completed on a layout, not a card or altered project. There will be few day specific challenges but generally you will be able to complete those challenges at your own pace and you may combine several of them on a same layout.

5 – Favorite layout poll - Closer to the end of the month, I will ask for everyone to PM me their favorite layout that they have completed and posted in the AGC thread this month. I will take all of them and put them in a poll for all of sb.com to vote on. The one with the most votes will win a prize.

***** You will only be eligible for prizes having met your LO goal. You can only win in one category.*****

Layouts are counted towards your goal in the following manner:

*8x8 or above (8.5x11, 12x12) = 1 layout (2 pagers count as 2 layouts)
*2 6x6 = 1 layout
*4 mini layouts (3x3, 4x4 etc.)= 1 layout
*Cards do not count toward your layout goal, but you can count points for them*

Altered items and other projects can be counted as "layouts" based on the amount of work in them. If you aren't sure how many to count, just ask!

**A note for people who'd like to play for prizes, but not keep track of points; as long as you link/post your layouts to the thread, you can still be eligible for categories 3-5 of prizes!**

WHEN YOU SIGN UP, PLEASE POST YOUR LAYOUT GOAL FOR THE MONTH - YOU MAY CHANGE YOUR GOAL ANYTIME BEFORE SIGN-UPS CLOSE!

Edited by 2lilbugs on 02-16-09 05:51 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

2lilbugs
Mayor
2lilbugs
In response to 2lilbugs

PLAYERS
Robinbird79 $$ 2493 17/10 GOAL MET!

Faithscrapper $$ 9134 27/25 19 daily challenges GOAL MET!

Inspired.By.Love $$ 8051 10/6 28 daily challenges GOAL MET!

senora_x $$ 4593 10/10 GOAL MET!

2lilbugs $$ 5053 14.5/10 GOAL MET!

kdsmommy 25

Margy $$ 3926 1/10

scrappinraiderfan $$ 18,892 38/25 28 daily challengesGOAL MET!

scrapinbabygal $$ 15960 30/15 26 daily challengesGOAL MET!

thirdgrade $$ 3693 16/10 GOAL MET!
ScrappyNewMom 10
jjfer 20
iheartaslan $$ 2967 5.5/5 15 daily challengesGOAL MET!
AmandaTina $$ 5613 16.75/15 GOAL MET!
northernmemories $$ 9994 24/15 27 daily challengesGOAL MET!

sara_audrey_01 15
Livn4change $$ 2620 13/8 GOAL MET!
laurink $$ 10461 44/10 22 daily challenges GOAL MET!
B2hearts $$ 2401 12/10 GOAL MET!

MOTIVATIONAL
sgrcookie 5
kimberkv
gabigabs 7
scrapn2 15
scrapwriter 10
GypsyMama 5
janellie 10

Edited by 2lilbugs on 03-05-09 05:46 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

2lilbugs
Mayor
2lilbugs
In response to 2lilbugs

POINTS LIST

1 POINT ITEMS
- PER photo corner, eyelet, button, staple, brad, paper clip, grommet, etc.
- PER sticker used (flat or 3D)
- PER letter/number used in title only (stamped, sticker, chipboard, rub-on, die cut, etc.)
- PER hand stitch

5 POINTS PER EACH ITEM USED ON A LO OR CARD
(examle: if you use three different pattern papers take 15 points)
- PER cardstock/pattern paper used
- PER scripture, recipe, quote or poem (includes song lyrics)
- PER card or swap item made (full points for first, 5 pts for each identical one)
- PER stamped image (not including letters or numbers)
- PER layout 8x8 or smaller (must have a link in this forum)
- PER ribbon or fiber used
- PER 3D flower
- PER type of bling
- PER color of stickles
- PER hand-cut embellies (that you cut out w/ scissors)
- PER rub on shape (border, frame, flower, etc.)
- PER die cut shape

5 POINTS FOR USING THESE ITEMS/TECHNIQUES ON A LO OR CARD
(only take 5 points once for each item you use, no matter how many times you use it)
- for using chipboard shape (excluding letters/numbers in title)
- for using shaped corners on your photos or paper (e.g. rounded or shaped with corner punches)
- for using flourishes/swirls
- for using scallops on your layout
- for using felt,foam, or fabric
- for distressing (inking, tearing, etc...any type)
- for having a journaling block OR journaling strips
- for creating a LO for another challenge here at sb.com (must tell which challenge it was for)
- for using paint, chalk, or embossing on your layout or card
- for using hearts
- for doodling
- for using paper crimper
- for using non-scrapbook items on your page (includes memorabilia other than pics)
- for using the following themes: snow, Valentine's Day, something that makes you laugh
- for having hidden pics or journaling—to take these points, you must include a close up of the hidden items in your gallery and link

10 POINT ITEMS:
- PER 12x12 layout (must have a link in this forum)
- PER layout with no pictures
- PER layout about Yourself (you must be the only person pictured on page)
- PER mini-album created (may still take points per page)
- for using alcohol inks
- for machine sewing
- for putting embellies or journaling on the photograph (actually on, not just overlapping)
- for scraplifting a member of sb.com (link the original page too, if possible)

PICTURE POINTS ON YOUR LAYOUTS/PROJECTS/CARDS

5 POINTS:
- PER picture (4 pics = 20 pts.)
- PER person or animal in each pic
- PER picture over 5 years old OR less than one month old
- PER black & white or sepia toned picture

10 POINTS:
- PER picture that YOU are in
- PER picture with NO people or animals in it
- PER photo larger than 4x6
- for single page LO w/ 3+ pics OR double page LO w/7+ pics

JOURNALING POINTS

-1 point PER word of journaling (not pre-printed embellies) up to 200 points
- additional 10 points for every 50 words over 200 (E.g. Total of 300 words would equal 220 points)
-10 points for using handwritten journaling on your page (or 20 pts for 50+ words or 50 points for 100+ words)

ADDITIONAL POINTS

1 POINT:
- PER comment you post in a gallery/blog/my place
- PER new photo taken by you, posted to gallery and linked to this thread

5 POINTS:
- PER any BLOG entry (must have a link to this forum)
- For updating your siggy points & layouts info IMMEDIATELY after posting points (taken max of twice per day)
- For cleaning up your scrap area after you completed the posted layout

10 POINTS
for using your stash on each LO 8x8 or larger, 5 points for smaller LOs and cards until your next supply shopping trip. (No matter when you plan to use the new supplies, your first supply/tool purchase will prevent you from taking the points for the rest of the month. Gifts that YOU recieve, that you did NOT purchase, do not affect your ability to take stash points.).

Edited by 2lilbugs on 02-12-09 05:53 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

2lilbugs
Mayor
2lilbugs
In response to 2lilbugs

DAILY CHALLENGES
2/1 ~ Set up your siggy, daily challenge blog and then relax for the day. 100 points
2/2~ Try something new on a LO. It can be a new technique, or maybe a one pic LO if you normally do multi pics! Try something new and tell us what you tried! 75 pts.
2/3: Let's try some handstitching! Stitch on a LO for 75 pts!
2/4: Scrapbook the super bowl game if you don't watch the super bowl scrap something that you do on Sundays 75 points
2/5 ~ We all spend so much time scrapping everyone else. Create a LO about yourself. It can be on any subject as long as it's about YOU! +95 points!
2/6 ~ Since we've added hearts to our points list.... Do a LO and use hearts on it! They can be any kind of heart! Take an extra 5 points for EACH heart "set" on your LO. For example, if you stamp a single image, but it has 3 hearts on it, you can only take 5 points. But if you stamp 3 separate heart images, you can take 5 per separate stamped image. The same goes for stickers (one sticker with 3 hearts = 5 points, 3 separate stickers of heart(s) = 15 points), etc.... (Hope that makes sense) 50 points!
2/7 ~ Let's do some journaling ladies! It can be journaling on a LO, or journaling on a blog. Just post it here! +60 pts.
2/8 ~ "How do I love thee? Let me count the ways."~ Elizabeth Barrett Browning. Use this quote any way you want in a LO (title, inspiration, theme, etc) and be sure to let us know how you used it for +50 points. If you use the full quote in your journaling you can take an additional +25 points.
2/9 Create a card or LO with: at least 1 heart, 1 picture, 3 embellishments, and some kind of journaling. +75 points
2/10 ~ finish: "Roses are ______, Violets are _______,....." and use as a title for your LO. Finish just the two lines given and you can take +50 points; or if you finish all 4 lines you can take +100 points.
2/11 ~ Find a sketch and use it! Be sure to either include the link or the sketch in your picture so we can share! +75 points. And, if you complete this challenge today, take an extra +10 points
2/12 Make and use your own patterned paper for a LO or card. You can use stamps, stickers, paint, chalk...anything you want but you have to create your own patterned paper and use it in a LO or card. Hint: Sometimes this is called random stamping! Let me know if you need a visual. Post your LO or card w/ the newly created patterned paper , and maybe a quick description of what you did and how. One design will earn you +75 points; two or more different (can be coordinating) designs will earn you +100 points.
2/13 Do something for yourself today--scrap ANYTHING you want!! Today is your Valentine's Day; doing what you want it your gift to yourself; and the +50 points you receive for sharing what you scrapped is my gift to you!!
A Bonus challenge for today: Share the love with someone else...you can earn +2 points per comment in a blog or gallery today!! This is not in addition to the +1 point; the +2 points are what you earn for the "love" you give to others.
2/14 Spread the Love. Give others a "piece" of love-hug, kiss, gift, card, telling someone "I Love You" or something similar, spending time with a loved one, going on a date, WHATEVER you consider a "piece" of LOVE. For every "piece" of love you give to someone else you can take +10 points; for every "piece" of love you receive you can also take +10 points. Please share how your Valentine's Day was for you!
BONUS CHALLENGE: If you create a LO or card or something about your Valentine's Day (past or present) you can take +50 points.
2/15 In honor of the start of the NASCAR season today (yipee), do a lo or card that has a black and white checkered pattern somewhere on it (i.e background, journaling box, strip of pp, etc). 80pts
2/16 Create a lo with a list on it somewhere. 65pts
2/17 Create a lo using negative space. 65pts
2/18 LOs looking a bit flat? Can't figure out why they're not popping? Well...because they're flat and not popping! Create a LO using something to add dimension to it (pop dots, glossy accents, etc.). 70pts
2/19 Use some kind of fabric or felt on a lo. 60pts
2/20 Create a lo that has to do with food. It can be any type of food and anything about food (the picture, a word in the title, pp, anything!). 85pts
2/21 Create a lo about spending time with friends and/or family. 80pts
2/22 ~ Get ready for the last week of February and clean up/organize your scrap space and supplies. 50 points
2/23 ~ Recycle something! Use packaging, bubble wrap, plastic, etc.on a LO or card. Anything works as long as it's recycled. 65 points
2/24 ~ Take 25 points for every LO you upload today (8x8 or larger), and 10 points for smaller LOs, cards, etc.
2/25 ~ Use some type of blocking (with pics, paper, etc.) on a LO for 65 points
2/26 ~ Use at least three different types of alphas on a LO or card. They can be stickers, chipboard, rubons, hand written, anything, as long as there are three different types. 50 points
2/27 ~ Go colorful!!! Do a LO with at least three different colors. They must be totally different, not different tones of the same color. They can be paper or embellies. 45 points

PHOTO CHALLENGE
Calm 50 points
Collected 50 points
Together 50 points
Tranquil 50 points

WEEKLY CHALLENGE
Do a LO using paper, embellies, etc. from your favorite manufacturer. It must included at least two papers and two different kinds embellies from this manufacturer. Tell us what you have used and why you love their stuff. 125 points

Monthly Challenge
I have seen some really beautiful mini-albums from some of our players. Our challenge this month will be to do a truly "mini" album. The pages can be no larger than 6"x6". The material and shape are totally up to you (acrylic, chip board, etc.). The album also needs to have a theme. The theme is totally up to you, but it needs to be clear what it is. It also needs to have at least 6 pages. Take 500 points for completing this challenge, plus points for each individual page. The pages will count as a half a LO per page, due to the small size.

As an incentive to complete this monthly challenge, which is pretty involved, I will send a RAK to the creator of the album that inspires me the most.

Feb. 22nd thru 28th challenges are due by midnight on the 28th

Edited by 2lilbugs on 02-27-09 08:56 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

2lilbugs
Mayor
2lilbugs
In response to 2lilbugs

When you sign up, don't forget to make your suggestions for the points list...

Robinbird79
Diva
Robinbird79
In response to 2lilbugs

I am in again! Haven't missed a month in...well, months! Lol!

My LO goal will be 10 this month. As for suggestions, how about points for using sketches?

sgrcookie
Idol
sgrcookie
In response to Robinbird79

Please sign me up again! My goal will be 10. Points for die cuts would be great!

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to sgrcookie

This is my fav! I'm in!
For the points list, how about points for using die cuts again? Maybe points for using tags?

Edited by Faithscrapper on 01-25-09 08:19 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Inspired.By.Love
Diva
Inspired.By.Love
In response to sgrcookie

I'm Totally In This Month! I'm Hoping For Alot Of Lovie Dovie Challenges! Pinks And Reds!

February Is My Fav. Month!

My Goal Will Be 10

My Suggestions:

I Agree With Die Cut Points... I Really Need To Challenge Myself To Use My Cricut More.

Also Stitching.. I Got A New Pixie For Christmas And I Really Need To Experiment With It More Maybe Even Shaped Stitching Like Hearts And Stars Stuff Like That

Points For Using Sketches Would Be Good I Have Alot Of Them That I Havn't Used.

That's All For Now Thanks

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to Inspired.By.Love

I tried to stay away last month but couldn't and ended up rocking out a ton of layouts! So sign me up again! My goal will still be 10. I am taking the library of memories class this month at BPS so I will be busy reorganizing my pics. But the more I scrap the less I have to organize! LOl!

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to senora_x

I forgot my goal, 25 please.

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to senora_x

oh, as for points I miss the points per color of stickles. I also think we could do away with some of the bling points. It is listed 5 points for using bling and then another 5 for bling shapes and words. so i think the 5 for bling shapes and words could be removed and just let them get the 5 for using bling. I also liked the following a sketch points. Other than that I like the list as is!

2lilbugs
Mayor
2lilbugs
In response to senora_x

gotcha all added Thanks for playing girls! This is by far my favorite challenge. Without points I wouldn't get anything done, LOL!

kdsmommy
Idol
kdsmommy
In response to 2lilbugs

I am TOTALLY in...This has been the best for me b/c it keeps me motivated and using my stuff. I am going to load up on adhesive again!!

I would love to volunteer for a week of challenges. Just let me know where would be best!

A couple of suggestions for points:
* coloring in of stamped images (I often stamp images in black ink and then color in the images)
* don't have a Cricut but I think using die cuts would be great
* also, I do a lot of altering of "things" so points for an altered item would be great

I think that's all for now.

OH BTW...I got a job last Thursday. I will be teaching English classes for an online high school in Washington (state). I start on February 2nd and I get to work from home!!! How cool is that??? I am so excited. I have been trying to get on with this school since last summer. Total dream job! Now my husband can begin the military retirement process and we get to move back home to Washington!!! Yeah.

Robinbird79
Diva
Robinbird79
In response to kdsmommy

As always, Melanie, I am more than happy to do a week of challenges later in the month!

Margy
Margy 
Queen
Margy
  • Margy on 01-25-09 09:01 PM
In response to Robinbird79

I would like to play again! I agree, Melanie, so my favorite challenge! I am going for 15 LOs this month, and I'll sign up for a week of challenges, if you need me. Just pick a week!

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to Margy

I would like to try this one. I haven't played before but it looks fun.

2lilbugs
Mayor
2lilbugs
In response to scrapwriter

Here are the dates for the challenges:

Feb 1-7 ~ Margy
Feb 8-14 ~ kdsmommy
Feb 15-21 ~ Robinbird79
Feb 22-28 ~ 2lilbugs

Thank you all so much for helping with these!

Edited by 2lilbugs on 01-26-09 05:41 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

2lilbugs
Mayor
2lilbugs
In response to 2lilbugs

Congrats on the new job Jennifer! Sounds very interesting

2lilbugs
Mayor
2lilbugs
In response to 2lilbugs

The players list is all updated

Page 1 of 42 
Permissions Topic Options