Username Post: OK I have a question        (Topic#1493799)
lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

I am working on a mini album and I adhered some flowers and metals to a page yesterday, today they have fallen off. what do you use to keep them on????

Edited by lilmrmaid on 01-26-09 02:29 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Jalynne
Guru
Jalynne
In response to lilmrmaid

for flowers, i normally use brads and push them thru the paper. but for adhesive, I either use my new ATG adhesive, or I have the Tombow Mono clear adhesive, and it seems to work really well. They also have an adhesive for metals, but I don't like it, because it dries a little tacky. If you want the 3D effect, I would suggest using 3M double sided foam tape. It is a little stickier than pop dots.

Pop dots and the like don't seem to work well for me, because I'm always having things fall off.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to Jalynne

I use the craft Glue Dots . They are a bit stronger in my opinion.

Tenant
In response to Heather J. Landry

Try using glossy accents...I saw on a Tim Holtz demo and tried it ...it really works great. And it dries super quick.

CatScrapsHere
Angel
CatScrapsHere
In response to ariel21

I've never had a problem with Glue Dots . Just need to make sure you have enough for the weight of whatever you're adhering.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to CatScrapsHere

I used a glue dot on a red flower and put it on my paper then used another glue dot to put a white flower on top of the red one and then another glue dot on a metal embellie and put that in the middle of the flowers. The red flower stayed on my paper but the white flower and metal embellie fell off (ON BOTH PAGES).

foxxee_d
Resident
foxxee_d
In response to lilmrmaid

The weight of the metal embellie and the flower were probably too much for a single mini glue dot to hold. You might try adding multiple mini dots to the flower (and on the embellie if there's room).

ALevy
ALevy 
Diva
ALevy
  • ALevy on 01-26-09 03:58 PM
In response to lilmrmaid

I usually just use the Tombow glue to adhere the flower to the pp, the smaller flower to the larger flower, and then for the metal, you might try the metal glue. I have used it, but not on a flower, and it has worked well for me.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Tigger
Tigger 
Mayor
Tigger
In response to ariel21

• ariel21 Said:
Try using glossy accents...I saw on a Tim Holtz demo and tried it ...it really works great. And it dries super quick.

Yup - I was just coming in here to say that - try Glossy Accents.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to Tigger

Scotch Quick Drying Glue!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to johnsusan8

I agree, if you were just using mini Glue Dots , it wasn't enough to hold the heavy parts in place. The larger Glue Dots work well for heavy items like metal.
Otherwise, I love Glossy Accents for a liquid glue.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to Here Kitty

Glue Dots . I've never had a problem and if the item is larger, I might use more than one.

I don't really use the smaller ones ... I think I bought one pack once and didn't really like them as much.

I've stuck everything on with Glue Dots and nothing has ever come off.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Here Kitty

I usually use the Glue Dots or brads. You can also try Diamond Glaze .

Are you adhering to a chipboard or acryllic album or adhering to paper?

Edited by GTGW on 01-26-09 05:37 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to foxxee_d

• foxxee_d Said:
The weight of the metal embellie and the flower were probably too much for a single mini glue dot to hold. You might try adding multiple mini dots to the flower (and on the embellie if there's room).

I agree; you need the larger dots to hold the flowers and use Diamond Glaze for the metal if the dot is not strong enough

JaymieLiz
Idol
JaymieLiz
In response to lilmrmaid

There is a glue line by "Mono" and they have a bottle that is for metal, and it is the strongest I have ever used, comes w/two tips, one small and one larger, pretty easy to work w/to, being glue and all. I use it on rhinestones, buttons, etc. It is also great for attaching bows to a page solo, I even tested a Ribbon Glue job on it by twirling it around the next day and the little bugger held up! You can get it at most larger craft stores - be sure to make sure it says "metal" though, they have a few different kinds. I did search on this site but they only carry the liquid glue in the green bottle. The bottle is black/grey. Hope this helps

Edited by JaymieLiz on 01-28-09 02:50 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scraplady4life
Veteran
scraplady4life
In response to JaymieLiz

Glue Dots the craft ones work great for flowers and mini would work great for metal embellishments. It might take a couple of them but they do work very well. But most of the time I also use my Kokuyo tape and runner(not the dot one) those little pieces of tape work so very well!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics