Username Post: Stickles        (Topic#1494087)
New Kid On the Block

I'm just starting out scrapbooking and I've heard so many people talk about Stickles. I can't afford to buy all the colors, so I wanted to ask which ones you all use the most? Also, what's the difference between the regular ones and the distressed?

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to rmlosch

Sorry, I can't help you, but I'll be anxious to see what answers people give you. Welcome to sb.com .

Jordannichole
Guru
Jordannichole
In response to johnsusan8

i have heard that some people use the diamond the most... other the black... personally i use turquoise and orange peel!

scrappypug
Tenant
scrappypug
In response to Jordannichole

I find the distress ones thicker and make a wider line than the others but that may just be me.

My favorite one is cinnamon because its such a neat brown and I use it a lot. I also use mermaid and white lace and champagne... Thats just because those were the ones I got first and they go with so much.

Jalynne
Guru
Jalynne
In response to scrappypug

i use diamond the most, because it's neutral...it's a clear iridescent, but it's not ostentatious. Second is cinnamon, then platinum. I tried the gold, and it has very limited use for me, as well as black, but i had to have them anyway. I like champagne, and i just bought vintage photo and antique linen from the distress line. i can't find any nice greens in the collection, though.

LittleScrappy_75
Expert
LittleScrappy_75
In response to Jalynne

I bought one to see how I'd like it. Me-no-likey. I gave it away to my niece.

Basically, it's glitter glue...but more expensive.

LaurenBiz
Idol
LaurenBiz
In response to LittleScrappy_75

Depending on your personal stock of pictures, papers, embellies...I would decide what color Stickles you want off of that.

I only have 3 colors of Stickles, but I use them often! I have Black Diamond, and a red and green - I don't remember their specific names.

I know that I don't use yellow very often in my LOs and I don't have much yellow waiting in my scrapbook supplies to be used, so I don't have a yellow Stickles. Why waste money if I won't use it?

Just buy a few a first and play around with those colors! If you decide after that that you may need more of a variety, buy a few more! :-D

KatieJo
Mayor
KatieJo
In response to LaurenBiz

I have Pink, Gold, Silver, Black Diamond, Frosted Lace and Icicle.

I think I actually use the pink the most. So, not knowing how many you think you can afford, I think I would recommend going for at least one neutral color... like the white (either Diamond - translucent or Frosted Lace - opaque), black, gold or silver and at least one in a favorite scrapping color. Warning though... if you find that you like them, they are kind of addictive.

mariposa326
Diva
mariposa326
In response to KatieJo

Crystal is definitely my favorite! I have all the regular colors and all the Glitz, too. I don't have any of the Distress, though... they are next on my list!

I find myself reaching for Crystal more than anything else... it has a hint of color in the glitter, but it's still clear enough that you can see through it. It makes everything so pretty!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Noelle311
Diva
Noelle311
In response to mariposa326

I love the Waterfall one! It's so pretty. I also like the StarDust and Fruit Punch. I think those are my top 3. I love the others too that I own.

Guru
In response to Noelle311

I don't know what Stickles are, can anyone explain them to me?

Jalynne
Guru
Jalynne
In response to moodymolly

They're glitter glue. They flow nicely without globbing, and have a really fine tip. The glitter is super fine, and doesn't settle to the bottom. It dries fairly quickly, and adds a little sparkle to so many things. Scroll up to the top of the thread, and you'll find some links for it.

ilinacrouse
Resident
ilinacrouse
In response to rmlosch

• rmlosch Said:
I'm just starting out scrapbooking and I've heard so many people talk about Stickles. I can't afford to buy all the colors, so I wanted to ask which ones you all use the most? Also, what's the difference between the regular ones and the distressed?

I have bunch of colors, but find myself most of the time using the diamond one. It goes with any color.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to rmlosch

• rmlosch Said:

I have the main 35.

The ones i use mostly are burgandy, purple, pink, red, silver, turquoise, waterfall, lime, and crystal

sunbeams
Tenant
sunbeams
In response to Just G

i have bough stickles that suits colors of my present project - it is dark red, dark greeen and brown.
also i bough gold one (as gold is always will be used).
so, i advise u to start with gold or silver. and later buy more colors that will looks nice on your LO's

Ma2Crzygrls
Pro
Ma2Crzygrls
In response to sunbeams

I have acquired 12 in the last few months or so and so far I really like the Coffee Ice the best. Its a neautral but crystally pink. I think depending on your style and the colors you find yourself gravitating towards most should go into what colors you choose. If you are new and not sure I would probably recommend just going with a crystal or silver. Something neautral that will go with everything!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics