Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: *Single Parents*        (Topic#1495029)
Pamelalynne
Guru
Pamelalynne

I didn't see a post on here, so I decided to make one. I want to know if there are any other single parents, divorced parents raising their children alone. Am I alone here?

Edited by Pamelalynne on 02-06-09 12:02 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

.MaRLeNe.
Mayor
.MaRLeNe.
In response to Pamelalynne

No you're not, I am also

Anne1701
Mayor
Anne1701
In response to .MaRLeNe.

Not alone, I am/was also.
I have 3 who are grown now and raised my granddaughter for 2 years pretty much on my own.

Pamelalynne
Guru
Pamelalynne
In response to Anne1701

yay! So I am not alone...

MaRLeNeF: how many children/child are you raising and ages?

Anne: WOW! you are such an amazing woman raising 3 children and now your granddaughter!

It seems like when I meet other moms, they are either in a relationship, engaged or married. So I would love to chat to you all!

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn

I raised 26y.o.DS alone, you can do it and it will be a great reward!!! susan a

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006
In response to riverroadrn

I am a single mom with 2 - Ds is 10 and DD is 8

Pamelalynne
Guru
Pamelalynne
In response to Scrap Happy 2006

yay...more mommies! lol

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

any fun plans for the weekend? My kids are at their dad's so I am scrapping non-stop!

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G

DH (not) decided to file for divorce last tuesday. I agreed b/c he's a workaholic and i'm alone most of the time anyway and have been a 'single parent' in a sense.

and today i found out it's because he's been cheating....so we file on thursday

Here's a sick question....are you going to scrap your divorce? I am so when my dd grows up she'll have a better understanding of why and i can see how much i grow from this

Edited by GTGW on 03-08-09 05:36 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Guru
In response to Just G

I raised my DD on my own though she did spend many of her weekends with her dad while she grew up, something I later regretted. He gave me not one penny of child support but we managed to survive.

I now live with her and her 3 girls since she was divorced last year. We're managing as she goes to college taking prenursing classes and her oldest is in first grade. Next fall I'll only have the youngest as the middle girl will be in kindergarten and a couple of years later the youngest will be in school also.

She wants to put the oldest in a "virtual charter school" when she reaches third grade but unless she intends to start going to school in the evenings I'm going to put a stop to that. I don't want to go back to baby-sitting more than one kid when I don't have to! She lost her bid to homeschool in the divorce but I don't intend to do all her work for her. I just don't have it in me age and health wise.

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006
In response to Just G

• GTGW Said:
DH (not) decided to file for divorce last tuesday. I agreed b/c he's a workaholic and i'm alone most of the time anyway and have been a 'single parent' in a sense.

Here's a sick question....are you going to scrap your divorce? I am so when my dd grows up she'll have a better understanding of why and i can see how much i grow from this

hugs for you for having the strength to take the steps you know you need to...

I haven't scraped the divorce yet but plan to and the support I am getting from friends here and seeing how they did it have helped me feel better about doing it and inspired me...

we are here for you!!!!

.MaRLeNe.
Mayor
.MaRLeNe.

• Pamelalynne Said:
yay! So I am not alone...

MaRLeNeF: how many children/child are you raising and ages?

Anne: WOW! you are such an amazing woman raising 3 children and now your granddaughter!

It seems like when I meet other moms, they are either in a relationship, engaged or married. So I would love to chat to you all!

Hi everyone

I have two boys ages 14 and 8. We moved in with my parents about 3 or 4 years ago. It was a big adjustment in the beginning, but like they say time heals all wounds. I feel bad for my boys that they don't have their father in their lives. I think they're very happy kids for what they've been thru though.

.MaRLeNe.
Mayor
.MaRLeNe.
In response to Just G

• GTGW Said:

Sorry you're going thru this. My ex used to work evenings and sundays, we never saw him. I would definately scrap about the divorce, it's very theraputic.

Als_Gal
Guru
Als_Gal
In response to .MaRLeNe.

I am a single mother to Ashlee age 11 1/2 we have been alone since 2005.

Kim

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006
In response to Als_Gal

Hi Kim...welcome

Als_Gal
Guru
Als_Gal

Thanks! being a single mom is hard but I love it. I have a Boyfriend and he has 3 kids so we are a happy bunch that live apart for the time being.

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006
In response to Als_Gal

You are blesses to have a BF to support you now...I am still hoping that "One day my prince will come"...hehe

Tracy428
Expert
Tracy428

I too am a single parent. I have a 21, 19 and 10 year old. They are all at home, going to college and working and the only one I share any custody with is the 10 year old. I've raised kids on my own more than I have with someone else.

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006
In response to Tracy428

welcome Tracy...you are a strong woman!

Pamelalynne
Guru
Pamelalynne

hey ladies!
Wow...I thought no one would post on this thread, but wow...I was totally wrong! lol

So far, I guess I am the youngest in here, which is okay. (24 with almost a 4 year old)

Question, how old were you when you had your first child? I guess I am asking because I want to know if any of you were pregnant as teens? I found out I was pregnant at 19, gave birth at 20.

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics