Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: *Single Parents*        (Topic#1495029)
Tracy428
Expert
Tracy428
In response to Pamelalynne

I was 23 and married when I had my first child.

Pamelalynne
Guru
Pamelalynne
In response to Tracy428

why I am asking is...I never got to go out for my 21st birthday...and I haven't really been to partys and stuff. I mean, I am really taking responsibility to raising my child...but I wish I could go out and go to clubs and stuff.

If anyone knows what I mean.

Tracy428
Expert
Tracy428

I have never really gone to clubs or anything. But, even at 45 I do wish I had more opportunities to do stuff on my own. I married at 20 and we went overseas. I settled right down to married life and children. I've never really taken that opportunity to be my own person and it will be several years before that happens. My youngest is 10. I totally get what you mean.

Pamelalynne
Guru
Pamelalynne
In response to Tracy428

I agree with you. I wish I could have traveled and went to college and all that BY MYSELF. I can travel with my child, and go to college now, but its so not the same.

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

I was 27 when I had my first child (29 with the 2nd) I feel trpped at home now as a single person because I don't live near family and dont want to always ask friends to watch the kids so I can "go out"....I would like to have a socail life and meet someone new but it doen't look to be happenening unless they are in boy scouts because of how active I am with our pack.

Pamelalynne
Guru
Pamelalynne
In response to Scrap Happy 2006

Question...has anyone of you scrapped a "single mom" layout? I am thinking of making another one, but more positive...any ideas?

Tracy428
Expert
Tracy428

I havn't done a single mom one. Great idea though.

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006
In response to Tracy428

We should make a challenge!

Tracy428
Expert
Tracy428

That would be a great one. I'm in if one gets put together.

Pamelalynne
Guru
Pamelalynne
In response to Tracy428

that's a great idea! Should I put it in the "challenge" area or here? I was thinking of having a single/divorce scrapbook challenge where we scrap them. please give me your oppinion.

Pamelalynne
Guru
Pamelalynne

bump...anymore single parents or anyone at least SINGLE?!

Pamelalynne
Guru
Pamelalynne

bump again!!!

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006

I know we are out there.....we just need to get everyones attention to join us!

New Kid On the Block

I am (well will be on Friday). I have four children, two are young adults and then 16 and 14. We are moving to an apartment on Friday...I'm looking forward to it, but feel terrible for my children. I stayed as long as I could...

Gosh, I need a hug.

JAJL 
Resident
  • JAJL on 01-06-10 06:23 AM
In response to Eltringham

I know the feeling. i have a 4yo and am divorced. i had to move back home and while its a blessing its so stressful on me. im praying that this is the year i can move out. its hard being a single mom...thanks for making this thread!

ammielou
Idol
ammielou
In response to JAJL

I am a single parent. Found out, in June, DH was cheating. He was at the womans house and I went there and confronted him and beat the mess out of him. Blacked his eye and busted his lip. He went home and got his things and moved out. After I talked to him, he said he had been seeing her "off and on" for about a year. He has been living with her since, and will not sign divorce papers. I don't really have the money to file on my own or pursue it, so I'm just taking it day by day. We have a 17 yo DD and she hasn't spoken to him and does not want to. She graduates this year also. We just bought a house and now I may lose it. He and the wh*r3 live about 8 blocks from where I live and I have to pass the house every morning taking DD to school. Last week, the two of them were coming out of the house together, smiling and talking. It made me soooo sick. I was a wreck the rest of the day, I'm fine as long as I don't see him/her. Out of sight out of mind, it's true!! Thanks for this thread.

Brandilynn
Expert
Brandilynn

28yr old single mom of 2 ds is 5 dd is 4 dad is a LOSER!!!!!! done it all on my own all along moved out of "our" home when I was 3m pregnant with DD. Didnt even see him for 4 yrs only seen him once well twice we were a pit stop on his vacation, no support.

Resident

I am also a single parent. I have 1 girl, Brianna who is 6 years old.

Mercy4Free
Diva
Mercy4Free
In response to Laura40

I am now! Waiting for my baby to come home from Ethiopia....case approved by Ethiopia government...just waiting for US to issue visa!

Resident
In response to Mercy4Free

• Mercy4Free Said:
I am now! Waiting for my baby to come home from Ethiopia....case approved by Ethiopia government...just waiting for US to issue visa!

I hope things are going well, and you have the baby by now!!

I like the idea od a single parent scrapbook challenge!!

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics