Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: Cards made with Cricut Wild Card cartridge        (Topic#1495249)
LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 02-08-09 06:38 PM

I was wondering if anybody had some cards that they've made with the Cricut cartridge Wild Card. I have this cartridge and it has some awesome stuff on it, but I sometimes have a brain freeze when I'm trying to put a card together. I know there are some awesome possibilities with this cartridge, but I'd like to see some ideas to get my brain going!

Thanks!

coffeenow
Expert
coffeenow
In response to LeeLo

I too bought this cart but have only used it once.....

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 02-09-09 02:00 PM
In response to coffeenow

I've actually made a few cards with it...it just seems like mine do not turn out quite as good as some I've seen. I was just curious if some could post theirs!

carpec 
New Kid On the Block
In response to LeeLo

I just bought this cartridge and was very excited about it but have not had very good luck. I have the original Cricut machine and I can't get the cartridge to cut any of the envelopes except envelope 1. I guess I just don't know how to use it. I even tried to make the sample card and it keeps telling me the characters won't fit and to adjust the settings...don't know what it means...nothing I do works! any suggestions?

scrapcrazee
New Kid On the Block
scrapcrazee
In response to carpec

I too have just bought this cartridge, and tonight I tried to make the sample card...this whole process seems confusing, and will take some getting used to. I am using the expression machine with a 12 x 12 cutting mat and even then I was not able to cut the full 5 1/2 envelope that they call for. I ended up reducing this by one inch and using this size for the entire card. Seemed to work very well, and I am anxious to try some more.

Phlpsfamily01
Veteran
Phlpsfamily01
In response to scrapcrazee

Always make the envie first. use fit to page, then pay attention to what it says on the screen that it's going to cut at. All of your cuts after that will be at that size.

HTH wild card examples

Edited by Phlpsfamily01 on 02-23-09 06:43 AM. Reason for edit: added link

pjangel
Diva
pjangel
In response to Phlpsfamily01

A.C. Moore in my area just started having classes on how to use your Cricut- Check around & see if anyone is having classes in your area

jaybeemom
Expert
jaybeemom
In response to pjangel

I know of a blog I can link you to-the blogger has all the maximum sizes you can cut the cards at and get envelopes to fit. Pm me if you are interested.

coffeenow
Expert
coffeenow
In response to jaybeemom

I would also love the link, Laura....I think I would get more use from it if I have the expressions instead of the original machine

New Kid On the Block
In response to coffeenow

Just purchased a Cricut Create and the Wild Card cartridge. Have yet to figure out how to make a card and envelope to match. Is this cartridge really designed for the Expression? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

coffeenow
Expert
coffeenow
In response to lynstar

I don't know if it was created for it but with the cards are very small.....Still trying to find a cheaper Expression!!!!

bluucaca
Diva
bluucaca
In response to coffeenow

this on my wish list i would love this cart. But like some ladies i too have the personel cricut machine which is 6x12 mat does any body know if it will work on this machine too of course it will not be able to cut out the biggers ones i now that but just want to know if it will work.
before i go out and buy it.

Edited by bluucaca on 02-26-09 06:49 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cguerr13
Idol
cguerr13
In response to bluucaca

I got the Wild Card cartridge for X-mas and have yet to try it... I think because of the exact reason as many of you are having difficulty. It looks complicated! Thanks for the pointers and I would also love the link to the blog. Can you post it here? My dh said the Expression is $100 off this week at Michaels. Might be worth looking into! : ) (I have it already but thought I'd pass it along to you all!)

coffeenow
Expert
coffeenow
In response to cguerr13

It is also on sale at J's

New Kid On the Block
In response to coffeenow

i just signed up after reading this reply. i just had to try to help you guys. i haven't received my cricut expression yet but was looking at videos for some quick tutorials about it and came up on a few videos on youtube. there is one lady who had made like 18 or 19 videos about the cricut and she teaches you about alot of the different buttons and things. now i'm pretty sure the buttons are the same for both cricuts. ( i don't really know much about the previous cricuts) so any ways her profile name is ROBYNSTAMPS and she has about 3 videos about this cartridge and she even assembles the cards at the end so i hope her videos help.

New Kid On the Block
In response to dynasty0308

I just bought the wild card cartridge also because of all the great cards I have seen made with it. I have heard that it doesn't work that great with the small cricut only the expression. Yes RobynStamps has some great videos!

jaybeemom
Expert
jaybeemom
In response to ~PaperJunkie~

It works on the smaller machine,but you cannot cut the envelopes unless you have a small card.

There are a lot of extras, frames sentiments etc, on it so even if you have the small machine you can still do alot.

I have the cupcale and doilly cards in my gallery I made with the small machine.

I too am waiting for the big machine to be under $200 before I get one.

coffeenow
Expert
coffeenow
In response to jaybeemom

I just checked and mine is being delivered today!!!! I so can't wait....

coffeenow
Expert
coffeenow
In response to coffeenow

Oh yeah I finally got my Expression!!! Now I have to wait for a day off to play

jaybeemom
Expert
jaybeemom
In response to coffeenow

Have fun!!!!

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options