Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Advice on Border punches        (Topic#1496131)
chris_tam
Diva
chris_tam

Hi

I was wondering how many have border punches and what you think about them. Which ones would you recommend to a only 7 month scrapper!!! Where are the best places to get them? I want some that are easy to use.

Thanks

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi
In response to chris_tam

I like the threading water. And after years of scrapbooking.. that is the only one I have... the Fiskars brand seem really easy to use. Make your first punch in the middle of the paper. Line it up with the painted on part along the base, and punch away. I always get them or things like that at Michael's with a coupon.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to chris_tam

I have 3 Fiskars border punches. One I've had for years, and the other 2 I just purchased this past weekend. I bought mine at M's and used their Coupons . I bought one on Saturday using a 40% coupon and on Monday I bought another using a 50% coupon. So far, I love 'em!

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to Scrapkaty

I'll put in a vote for the Martha Stewart ones. I've had a Fiskars one for years and maybe used it twice. I just bought 2 MS and use them constantly. No big difference in ease of use really. I think its a matter of liking the design and justifying the recent purchase. I also bought mine with 50% Coupons . Don't remember the names but you can see the designs on items in my gallery.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-18-09 07:28 AM
In response to disneylisa

I have both Fiskars and Martha Stewart punches. I like both of these brands. But I think Martha's might be a tad bit easier to push.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to disneylisa

I only have a couple border punches ( Fiskars -ribbon and threading water_ - but I do have the Tonic border punch system which is a lot more versatile. Border punches take up a lot of room so I like to make sure I'd use it. I use my Cricut to cut a lot of the stuff you can buy the punches for.

alysmom09
Expert
alysmom09
In response to scrap4brains

I too am a fan of Fiskars ...esp the threading water punch. I get them at HL with a coupon.

scrappinmonkey
Queen
scrappinmonkey
In response to alysmom09

Love the threading water punch!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to scrappinmonkey

I am with everyone else! I love the threading water punch!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to TripletMother

Yep I'm with them..love the Fiskars boarder punches. I got the round border punch too but mine won't cut cardstock..the others, the straight ones, do though.
I also love my Martha Stewart doily lace border punch. I know someone said it would only cut paper but mine cuts cardstock too.
I'd recommend threading water also.

Aumommie
Diva
Aumommie
In response to dollscrap

I think when it comes to purchases like this I have to really see a lot of use for it. I love many of the border punches but i have boys so the more girly ones I will not use as often. I have a Disney one that I love!!! What ever you decide just make sure you will use it!!

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to Aumommie

Diva scraps says in another thread that the EK border punches have a handle that locks down to make it easier to store.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to johnsusan8

I use them all the time!!! Faves being the threading water one and a MS one, but dont know the name- i guess it would probably be the lace one ( it looks lacey!!)

luv2scrap:)
Guru
luv2scrap:)
In response to ChansGram

• Chan'sGram Said:
I use them all the time!!! Faves being the threading water one and a MS one, but dont know the name- i guess it would probably be the lace one ( it looks lacey!!)

These are my 2 favorites also--love them! They do take up alot of space, so I don't buy them unless I love them!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 02-18-09 09:46 AM
In response to luv2scrap:)

here's a vote for the Tonic punches... I have several Fiskars and several Tonic and I find the Tonic s to be more versatile.
BUT - I still like my Fiskars ... and I want two of the newest ones: apron lace and scallops (that one you can use to make rick-rack)...

ajroemisch
Idol
ajroemisch
In response to GMFTS

I LOVE THEM! I have about 4 Fiskars ones, one MS one (not real crazy about those, though) And one Stampin Up! one! They are fun and once you get the tiny learning curve down, there is nothing to them! =)

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to GMFTS

Oh you guys are really pushing it aren't you? I really want some of these,,,,,LOL,,,,well,,,, I DO owe myself a birthday present coming up,,,,I just might have to buy me one,,,,,,,

or three,,,,or six,,,,

HOlly

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to CommaHolly

I have 3 ... the threading water, the lace one from Martha S and another round one - a victorian one or something like that.

If I could only have one, it would be threading water hands-down.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to peenut_23

I have 3 Fiskars border punches that I just got last week for my birthday from my mom.. and I love them.. so I would have to say Fiskars .

I have threading water, give it a swirl and hearts.give it a

imagine.lilacs
Queen
imagine.lilacs
In response to SQ Mandi

I use threading water ALL THE TIME! It is so handy and easy to incorporate into so many themes...

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics