Username Post: Sewing on Layouts        (Topic#1496605)
CreativeDaisyDesigns
Resident
CreativeDaisyDesigns

Ok!! I have seen this technique used a lot and was wondering how most of you did it? Do you actually use a sewing maching, by hand, or something else I missing.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 02-23-09 09:41 AM
In response to CreativeDaisyDesigns

both... sewing machine and by hand..

mommo
mommo 
Tenant
mommo
  • mommo on 02-23-09 09:49 AM

I use my machine. Good thing I don't use material on it anymore. I've probably dulled the needle and ruined the tension. Now the thread gets all bunched up on the underside, but who cares? The effect on the right side is fine. I don't like sewing by hand.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to mommo

My sewing machine and I do not get along. I stitch on LOs by hand. I either use a paper piercer to make the holes first or the cutterbee piercing bugs. The cutter bee bugs are more effective if you do not want precisely straight lines and are only going through one piece of paper. I usually use embroidery floss, just because it seems to show up better than regular thread. HTH!

CreativeDaisyDesigns
Resident
CreativeDaisyDesigns
In response to mommo

Ok thanks!!! I don't have a sewing machine right now so I guess I will stick to hand right now until I get one. I just got a Cricut for Christmas so one machine at a time!!! I can ask for one for my birthday this summer!!!

CreativeDaisyDesigns
Resident
CreativeDaisyDesigns
In response to siameseplease

Ok thanks!! I am going to look for them this week!! That will be great!! I like doing things by hand more anyways so that is great. Very helpful!! I have always loved the technique just need a more satisfying way to do it!!

kanary
kanary 
Mayor
kanary

I do a lot freehand, but also use these great templates. There are many choices in the Superstore to help you get started!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to kanary

I do both machine & by hand. My machine is old and can only do straight stitches. So if I want anything else - or I want really thick floss - I do it by hand.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics