Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: How the heck do I store chipboard?        (Topic#1496695)
Tacomamommy
Resident
Tacomamommy

I'd like to keep it semi-together but having a tough time coming up with a storage solution. Some of it is raw, others finish, some letters, some shapes, some is loose, some are on sheets. What should I do? Any suggestions or pics of how you store it?
TIA

mrsmiller
Governor
mrsmiller
In response to Tacomamommy

Mine is all together in a box about the size of a shoebox marked chipboard... just thrown in all together.
I purposely do not purchase more than I can keep track of so I don't feel cluttered.

redheadgirl
Guru
redheadgirl
In response to mrsmiller

I have a 3 drawer 12 x 12 plastic stackable. That way its together, but seperated by type.

naf
naf 
Idol
naf
  • naf on 02-24-09 12:37 PM
In response to redheadgirl

• redheadgirl Said:
I have a 3 drawer 12 x 12 plastic stackable. That way its together, but seperated by type.

that is a good idea!!!Do you have pics of the drawer, Where did you get it?

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to naf

I have mine seperated by letter, numbers, flowers, flourishes, and so on.

Patti Sylvia
Diva
Patti Sylvia
In response to naf

I got a great idea from a friend and fellow scrapper.

The chipboard that comes in 12 x 12 sheets that you have to punch out, I store in 12 x 12 page protectors keeping the white sheet that comes in them.

I also have some that come in 8 x 8 punch out sheets....also in 8 x 8 page protectors .

When I buy a 3 ring binder, I'm gonna put them in that, then they will sit on a shelve....takes up less space and it's easy to look through to find what you have and see what you have.

The chipboard that comes in packs smaller than that I put on my Clip It Up , whether it's painted or not.

Then there's the Maya road ones....they come in a cute little metal case, I just leave it in those little cases.

I have listed some examples below.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 02-24-09 01:41 PM
In response to Patti Sylvia

this is how I store my chipboard (and metal) alphabets

alphabet storage By J3Mel

they are the containers that crystal light (or walmart brand) drink mixes come in. I covered them with contact paper. Hubby put a pegboard 6 inches deep into an old dresser for me and I use double peghooks. I'm working on collecting some more for the other side of the dresser to store raw chipboard in. Most of my chipboard that has designs on it is stored by color in these drawers.

new drawers behind my desk By J3Mel

the drawers themselves have locking lids on them. I have smaller divided containers in each drawer to hold little stuff like small chipboard, eyelets, brads, flowers, ribbon, and misc embellishments.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to j3Mel

Here's how I keep mine...

p.s. I should mention that even though I mainly know, I also keep a kit file closeby of what is what and where it came from!...If & or as needed...

28-Day Challenge - Alpha Storage Solution - After By KellyCali

28-Day Challenge - Alpha Storage Solution - After By KellyCali

Love 2 Learn
Guru
Love 2 Learn
In response to KellyCali

I don't have a pic, but I use a hanging shoe organizer--works great! I keep my letters sorted in the groups they came in (raw, glitter, shapes,etc.)

You can get them about anywhere.

Edited by Love 2 Learn on 02-24-09 02:53 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Mama of a monkey
Mayor
Mama of a monkey
In response to Love 2 Learn

I have canvas bins (from Target 5.99) that I have everything sorted into ziploc bags... they all stand up in the bins - I cut a piece of large chipboard to fit each bag - label it and then like I said stand the bags up in the bins... so I can just flip through them.. the same way you would with a paper bin or magazine bin)

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Mama of a monkey

Oh you guys are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too organized for me!!!!!!

Right now, my chipboard is all in one jumbled mass,,,,,in a box,,,,,,

LOL,,,I am seriously looking into storage,,,I have been scrapping for a mere month and I can't find a THING,,,I have handled the paper storage issue (thank GOD) but am stuck on the other issue,,,,

a Clip It Up is nice, but I have no table top storage, so I'm going to make a wall Clip It Up ,,,,cheaper too! As soon as I figure out how to DO it!!!!!!!!!

Holly

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew
In response to CommaHolly

I like this idea since it is cheap....I have 12 bags now on one set of rings.....great if you have hanging space

*~* Chipboard Storage, view 2 *~* By Gg Loves Matthew

Tacomamommy
Resident
Tacomamommy
In response to Mama of a monkey

• Mama of a monkey Said:
I have canvas bins (from Target 5.99) that I have everything sorted into ziploc bags... they all stand up in the bins - I cut a piece of large chipboard to fit each bag - label it and then like I said stand the bags up in the bins... so I can just flip through them.. the same way you would with a paper bin or magazine bin)

I really like this idea but may have to pull from multiple suggestions. I like this idea for loose chipboard and the binder system for chipboard on sheets. I just wish I could keep better track of what I had. Thanks for all the ideas.

Edited by Tacomamommy on 02-24-09 08:35 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

redheadgirl
Guru
redheadgirl
In response to naf

• naf Said:
  • redheadgirl Said:

that is a good idea!!!Do you have pics of the drawer, Where did you get it?

Sorry, I don't have a pic. They sell them at walmart and hobby lobby. I have over time bought about 5 sets and use them for every from scrap paper to project storage. One of the pics above in j3mel looks like the same. Each drawer is about 2" tall

redheadgirl
Guru
redheadgirl

• holly1965 Said:
Oh you guys are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too organized for me!!!!!!

Right now, my chipboard is all in one jumbled mass,,,,,in a box,,,,,,

LOL,,,I am seriously looking into storage,,,I have been scrapping for a mere month and I can't find a THING,,,I have handled the paper storage issue (thank GOD) but am stuck on the other issue,,,,

a Clip It Up is nice, but I have no table top storage, so I'm going to make a wall Clip It Up ,,,,cheaper too! As soon as I figure out how to DO it!!!!!!!!!

Holly

Holly your inspiring, I just had a vision. a magnetic white erase board with magnetic clips, like the kind on my fridge except with ribbon tied to the holes thanks!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to redheadgirl

ummmmmmmmm glad I was inspiring for SOMEONE!! LOL,,,Holly

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 02-25-09 08:21 AM

do you have a shelf somewhere with wasted space underneath?? Two 50 cent screw in hooks and a curtain rod make a handy Clip It Up rack on the bottom of any shelf!!

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 02-25-09 08:22 AM
In response to j3Mel

if you want wall mounted, look in the curtain rod section for some drapery mounts that stick out from the wall a little further and use either a small curtain rod, a dowel rod, or a metal rod that you can find in the hardware department.

chocodlite2
Guru
chocodlite2

I also store my chipboard in a one of the 3 drawer plastic storage...I allows me see the size and color of the chipboard so that I know what I'm using...

channyne
Resident
channyne

Here's mine... you can see more on my blog:

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics