Page 1 of 45 
Username Post: ~MARCH~ AGC anything goes challenge **POINTS LIST POSTED**        (Topic#1496765)
2lilbugs
Mayor
2lilbugs

March is almost here, time flies...

Are you ready for an exciting month of challenges that will spark your creativity and make you to step outside your comfort zone by challenging you to try variety of techniques? You may even complete that project you always wanted to finish. If so, welcome to March Anything Goes Challenge!

As usual, we will enjoy daily challenges, weekly challenges, weekly photo challenges and a monthly challenge.

SIGN-UPS will be open until March 10th

If you are playing for points/prizes please send me $8.00 via USPS no later than March 15th. If you don't want to count points, you can always play motivational (but you won't be eligible for the prizes).

Please mail to:
Melanie Winters
1141 E Linda Ave.
Pueblo West CO, 81007

Alternately you can pay via PayPal by sending money to
winters81007@msn.com
If you select this method, you will have to pay $8.55 to cover PayPal fees but that’s not that bad considering stamp would cost you $0.41

Only pages that are NEWLY completed and uploaded on or after February 1st count towards your total points and layouts.

PRIZES: Gift certificates to sb.com !

**Prize Categories**
(prize amounts will be based upon the number of players)

1 - Most points overall - no matter what your goal was or how many layouts you complete, if you have the most points at the end of the month, then you win this category...

2 - Most points 10 or less layouts - if you set your goal for 10 or less layouts and complete 10 or less layouts for the month, then you are eligible for this category - if you complete more than your goal of 10 (or less) then congrats to you, but that moves you to the other categories...

3 - Random drawing of everyone who meets their goal - very simple, meet your goal and I will put all names into a hat at the end of the month and draw

4 – Most daily challenges completed - I will post a new challenge everyday and if you do them, keep track of how many you complete, and you will be eligible for a prize at the end of the month. If there is a tie, then there will be a drawing. (To be eligible for this category, please start a blog at sb.com to list your challenges completed. Please note that otherwise stated daily challenges are meant to be completed on a layout, not a card or altered project. There will be few day specific challenges but generally you will be able to complete those challenges at your own pace and you may combine several of them on a same layout.

5 – Favorite layout poll - Closer to the end of the month, I will ask for everyone to PM me their favorite layout that they have completed and posted in the AGC thread this month. I will take all of them and put them in a poll for all of sb.com to vote on. The one with the most votes will win a prize.

***** You will only be eligible for prizes having met your LO goal. You can only win in one category.*****

Layouts are counted towards your goal in the following manner:

*8x8 or above (8.5x11, 12x12) = 1 layout (2 pagers count as 2 layouts)
*2 6x6 = 1 layout
*4 mini layouts (3x3, 4x4 etc.)= 1 layout
*Cards do not count toward your layout goal, but you can count points for them*

Altered items and other projects can be counted as "layouts" based on the amount of work in them. If you aren't sure how many to count, just ask!

**A note for people who'd like to play for prizes, but not keep track of points; as long as you link/post your layouts to the thread, you can still be eligible for categories 3-5 of prizes!**

WHEN YOU SIGN UP, PLEASE POST YOUR LAYOUT GOAL FOR THE MONTH - YOU MAY CHANGE YOUR GOAL ANYTIME BEFORE SIGN-UPS CLOSE!

Edited by 2lilbugs on 03-20-09 06:00 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

2lilbugs
Mayor
2lilbugs
In response to 2lilbugs

PLAYERS
kdsmommy $$ 25
iheartaslan $$ 8544 10/10 23 DCs GOAL MET!
RobinBird79 $$ 2068 4/10 7 DCs
laurink $$ 3338 7/10
scrappinbabygal $$ 13,802 20/20 23 DCs GOAL MET!
Margy $$ 5333 6/20
Faithscrapper $$ 12,247 32/25 21 DCs GOAL MET!
thirdgrade $$ 1684 1.5/10
senora_x $$ 8859 25/16 16 DCs GOAL MET!
2lilbugs $$ 4760 10/10 23 DCs GOAL MET!
ScrappyNewMom 5
AmandaTina $$ 5913 13/15
Inspired.By.Love
scrappinraiderfan $$ 24,105 26/20 31 DCsGOAL MET!
jjfer $$ 6209 16/16 GOAL MET!
ladyscrap 10
Quay $$ 21,786 93/35 27 DCs GOAL MET!
northernmemories 1220 3/15
sgrcookie $$ 5374 11/10 9 DCs GOAL MET!
B2hearts $$ 3141 11/10 3 DCs GOAL MET!

MOTIVATIONAL
GabiGabs
GypsyMama

Edited by 2lilbugs on 04-04-09 01:38 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

2lilbugs
Mayor
2lilbugs
In response to 2lilbugs

POINTS LIST

1 POINT ITEMS
- PER photo corner, eyelet, button, staple, brad, paper clip, grommet, etc.
- PER sticker used (flat or 3D)
- PER letter/number used in title only (stamped, sticker, chipboard, rub-on, die cut, etc.)
- PER hand stitch

5 POINTS PER EACH ITEM USED ON A LO OR CARD
(examle: if you use three different pattern papers take 15 points)
- PER cardstock/pattern paper used
- PER scripture, recipe, quote or poem (includes song lyrics)
- PER card or swap item made (full points for first, 5 pts for each identical one)
- PER stamped image (not including letters or numbers)
- PER layout 8x8 or smaller (must have a link in this forum)
- PER ribbon or fiber used
- PER 3D flower
- PER type of bling
- PER color of stickles
- PER hand-cut embellies (that you cut out w/ scissors)
- PER rub on shape (border, frame, flower, etc.)
- PER die cut shape

5 POINTS FOR USING THESE ITEMS/TECHNIQUES ON A LO OR CARD
(only take 5 points once for each item you use, no matter how many times you use it)
- for using chipboard shape (excluding letters/numbers in title)
- for using shaped corners on your photos or paper (e.g. rounded or shaped with corner punches)
- for using flourishes/swirls
- for using scallops on your layout
- for using felt,foam, or fabric
- for distressing (inking, tearing, etc...any type)
- for having a journaling block OR journaling strips
- for creating a LO for another challenge here at sb.com (must tell which challenge it was for)
- for using paint, chalk, or embossing on your layout or card
- for using flowers
- for doodling
- for using non-scrapbook items on your page (includes memorabilia other than pics)
- for using the following themes: spring, St. Patrick's Day, outdoor activities
- for having hidden pics or journaling—to take these points, you must include a close up of the hidden items in your gallery and link

10 POINT ITEMS:
- PER 12x12 layout (must have a link in this forum)
- PER layout with no pictures
- PER layout about Yourself (you must be the only person pictured on page)
- PER mini-album created (may still take points per page)
- for machine sewing
- for putting embellies or journaling on the photograph (actually on, not just overlapping)
- for scraplifting a member of sb.com (link the original page too, if possible)

PICTURE POINTS ON YOUR LAYOUTS/PROJECTS/CARDS

5 POINTS:
- PER picture (4 pics = 20 pts.)
- PER person or animal in each pic
- PER picture over 5 years old OR less than one month old
- PER black & white or sepia toned picture

10 POINTS:
- PER picture that YOU are in
- PER picture with NO people or animals in it
- PER photo larger than 4x6
- for single page LO w/ 3+ pics OR double page LO w/7+ pics

JOURNALING POINTS

-1 point PER word of journaling (not pre-printed embellies) up to 200 points
- additional 10 points for every 50 words over 200 (E.g. Total of 300 words would equal 220 points)
-10 points for using handwritten journaling on your page (or 20 pts for 50+ words or 50 points for 100+ words)

ADDITIONAL POINTS

1 POINT:
- PER comment you post in a gallery/blog/my place
- PER new photo taken by you, posted to gallery and linked to this thread

5 POINTS:
- PER any BLOG entry (must have a link to this forum)
- For updating your siggy points & layouts info IMMEDIATELY after posting points (taken max of twice per day)
- For cleaning up your scrap area after you completed the posted layout

10 POINTS
for using your stash on each LO 8x8 or larger, 5 points for smaller LOs and cards until your next supply shopping trip. (No matter when you plan to use the new supplies, your first supply/tool purchase will prevent you from taking the points for the rest of the month. Gifts that YOU recieve, that you did NOT purchase, do not affect your ability to take stash points.).

Edited by 2lilbugs on 03-01-09 11:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

2lilbugs
Mayor
2lilbugs
In response to 2lilbugs

DAILY CHALLENGES
3/1 - Paint, paint, paint - Use at least 2 different colors of paint on your card or LO for 75 points. Earn 25 extra points for each additional color.
3/2 - set up siggy and blog - 100 pts
3/3 - March is Reading Month!!! Create a LO about your favorite book, author, or something having to do with reading. 125pts
3/4 "I do not like green eggs and ham, I do not like them Sam I am..." Dr. Suess's birthday is this month, so in honor of him create a LO with either a title that rhymes or journaling that rhymes (if you include rhyming journaling be sure to tell us what your journaling says in the description of the LO). 100pts
3/5 Bonus points! take 100 points for being you! 10 bonus points if you do this today sorry for the lateness of the daily!
3/6 - Spring has sprung - well kind of - create a LO with flowers, at least 3 different types for 125pts
3/7 - Rain, rain, rain go away! All this rain is making me think of galoshes and rain coats! Use at least 3 shiny, smooth plastic embellies on a LO for 150pts (ex: ghost letters or shapes, rain drops, liquid acrylic, etc. - anything smooth and shiny)
3/8~Make a LO where 75% of your embellies are stamps for +75 pts. If you make a LO with ONLY stamps as embellies take +150 pts.
3/9~Use flock somewhere on your LO. If you don't have anything flocked, use a velvety texture on your LO. Make sure to tell us where you used it. +75 pts
3/10~Make a Happy St. Patrick's Day card for someone (or a card for any occasion). The only thing is you can only use green, white, or orange on your card. +55 pts
Alternative challenge: Make a LO using only green, white, and/or orange, still for +55 pts.
3/11~Make a LO using 3 types of ribbon or fibers for +75 pts. If you use more than 3 types of ribbon take +10 pts for each additional ribbon or fiber used (that's in addition to the +5 pts you already get on the points list for using ribbon).
3/12~Today ONLY change your avatar for +45 pts.
3/13~Add at least 3 TYPES of bling to your LO or card. Tell us the 3 types of bling you used for +75 pts.
3/14~If you didn't finish (or want to start a new one) take +20 pts for each page you do in your mini-album and +50 additional points if you get to 6+ pages in your mini-album. OR if you have completed a mini-album since February 1, 2009 with 6+ pages take +75 pts for your hard work done last month. This is an either/or challenge either take the points for actually making new pages or take the points for having completed the old album, but not both.
3/15: Let's get ready for another week of scrapping. Straighten up your scrap area for +70 points.
3/16 Use stars on your LO or card for 80 points!
3/17 - Happy St. Patrick's Day. I am so lucky, because I have the coolest friends on scrapbook.com. Because I feel so lucky, everyone take 150 points! Thank ya'll for being the wonderful people that you are. This challenge can only be done today, and because 150 points is a lot, the 10 points for doing it today are already included in the 150! Everyone have a great day!
3/18: Create a LO or a card using a monochromatic color scheme! 75 points!
3/19 Create a LO using scraps! You can use a solid sheet for the background, but the rest (including your embellishements) must be made with scraps. For clarification, when I say embellishment scraps, I mean stickers from a half used sheet, or create your own out of scrap paper, etc... Let's use some of our stash! +85 points!
3/20 Do a scrapbook page using an old picture of yourself. When I mean old picture, I mean, either a baby picture, or a childhood picture! I wanna see what ya'll looked like as kids! +100 points!
3/21 - Leave some love. For every comment you leave take 2 points (1 for your regular points list and 1 as a bonus)! This challenge can only be done today!
03/22 - find inspiration in your home, whether it be from the colour of your walls or the shape of the burners on your stove. post both the layout & a photo of your inspiration for 100pts.
03/23 - Make a layout about finding your own inner peace or inner happiness. Find inspiration at http://www.naute.com/thinkery/peace.phtml - 75pts + 2pts per word of journaling up to 200 words.
03/24 - create a layout that uses lyrics or a song title as a title. Tell us the song and post your layout for 80pts. Bonus 30pts if you use a title/lyrics from one of the following musicians/artists: Neil Young, Dave Matthews Band, Josh Ritter, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Death Cab for Cutie, Paul Simon.
03/25 - create a lo that uses a list of some sort. 80pts & for every point on your list take an additional 5pts (ie: if you're making a list of 5 things you like about yourself, you would take 80+25pts).
03/26 - create a layout or card based on an advertisement. this could be an ad from a magazine that has a layout you admire or colour scheme that you think would work really well with your photos. the ad can be from any era & doesn't have to be current. post the layout & the ad for 75pts. bonus points: to get 25 bonus points, encorporate 3 distinct features from the advertisement (ie: rounded corners, title layout, colour scheme, doodling, photo layout, etc).

daily challenge 03/27 - create a layout in which you give a piece of wisdom. this could be a layout to your younger self, your children, your friend, or anyone else. your piece of wisdom can be your favourite quote (ie: "dance like no one's watching, sing like no one can hear, and love like you've never been hurt before" or however that goes, lol) or it can be something that comes straight from you. 100pts. bonus: any handwritten journaling you do on this layout you can collect 2pts per word up to 200 words.
03/28 - my BFA is in theatre so bear with me - try using a line of shakespeare as your title. this could be a fairly common line, such as "to be or not to be" or "romeo where art thou" or even "a rose by any other name would smell as sweet" or you could use a more complex line that you like. 80pts.
if you need some inspiration or ideas, check out: http://www.enotes.com/shakespeare-quotes/
3/29: alter something for 100 points. Some ideas: cereal boxes for chipboard, paint a soup can, cover an old box in cute patterned paper . Have fun and be creative!

PHOTO CHALLENGES FOR 3/29 to 3/31:
Laugh +50
Happy +50
Finally +50
Here +50
Spring +25

** MONTHLY CHALLENGE **

May is sneaking up on us rather quickly, and with May comes Mother's Day. For our monthly challenge this month, let's make something fabulous for a mom. It doesn't have to be your mom (but it can be ) any Mom deserves a fabulous gift for Mother's Day. You can do a LO, an altered project, a calendar, a mini-album, etc. Show off your best work! 500 points

Edited by 2lilbugs on 03-31-09 04:57 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

stephanie garbett
Queen
stephanie garbett
In response to 2lilbugs

one for sharing xx DIVAS IN PINK By Stephanie Garbett

scrappinraiderfan
Diva
scrappinraiderfan
In response to 2lilbugs

I am in again but this month it will only be for motivation. I am leaving out of town twice that I know of so it may be hard to keep up. And I am going to Ck convention the first weekend so stash points would be nonexistant hehe.

kdsmommy
Idol
kdsmommy
In response to scrappinraiderfan

I am TOTALLY in. Please put me down for 25 again! I am determined to get my butt scrapping!

Edited by kdsmommy on 02-25-09 07:00 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to kdsmommy

Please add me too! I will go with 10 LOs right now. I might change my goal once I see how many I get done this month. I'll let you know though. Will send PayPal within the week!

Robinbird79
Diva
Robinbird79
In response to Megan Ann

Of course I am in!! Put me down for 10 again!

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to Robinbird79

YAY! I'm in, count me for 10 again, and Melanie can I do a week of challenges this month? I would SO love to do that :)~!

scrapinbabygal
Queen
scrapinbabygal
In response to laurink

I am so in!! You ladies have been so wonderful with all my questions and the comments in my gallery. I will be doing 10 and playing for points; UNLESS I go into labor early (I pray that I dont) then I will switch to motivational.

So 10 for me please

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to scrapinbabygal

I would also like to do a week of challenges sometime between March 6th and March 16th (that's my spring break and I'm not going anywhere, so I will be free to creat challenges!).

Margy
Margy 
Queen
Margy
  • Margy on 02-25-09 02:17 PM
In response to laurink

I'm in and I want to set my goal @ 20! Hopefully, I'll have more time this month!!! I will also do a week of challenges if you need me!

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to Margy

I'm in for 25 LOs

thirdgrade
Diva
thirdgrade
In response to Faithscrapper

I am in for 10 this month, i am also willing to do a week of challenges if you need me

kdsmommy
Idol
kdsmommy
In response to thirdgrade

Wow! I am so proud of this group of women. We've all hung in there and are still happy and scrapping strong!

I see several new requests to do challenges for a week and I would be more than happy to let someone have a chance if they want. I just offered to make it easy but Melanie, it's up to you!

Yeah. I can't wait for March. I have been so busy this month with my new job! I have scrapped one whole LO! Pathetic...haven't even had time to hook up camera to download and post.

UGGGHHHH

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to kdsmommy

I'm in again too! My goal will be 16 since I'm doing the 16 page challenge too this month!

2lilbugs
Mayor
2lilbugs
In response to senora_x

YAYYY!!!

Thanks to all for signing up and keep our group going strong

This is my favorite challenge and we couldn't do it without eachother!

I'll be back later today to get all of you on the players list and to get the weeks of challenges figured out.

Please let me know if there is anything that you would like added or subtracted from the points list...

2lilbugs
Mayor
2lilbugs
In response to 2lilbugs

WEEKLY CHALLENGES

1-7 thirdgrade
8-14 iheartaslan
15-21 Margy
22-28 laurink
29-31 kdsmommy

Please let me know if these weeks work out for you. Thank you all in advance for your help

ScrappyNewMom
Diva
ScrappyNewMom
In response to 2lilbugs

I'm in again. 5 layouts...

Page 1 of 45 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics