Username Post: Old postcards        (Topic#1496953)
lantana
Idol
lantana

I have some beautiful old post cards I want to scrap but I'm not sure how. I want the front to show, but I also want the back showing too...what to do?

Edited by lantana on 02-26-09 05:40 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

iamtherealtamtam
Pro
iamtherealtamtam
In response to lantana

i would probably make a copy of the back; then i could scrap both front and back! jmho

CatScrapsHere
Angel
CatScrapsHere
In response to iamtherealtamtam

That's exactly what I would do, and you could put the postcard in photo corners so that you're not putting adhesive on the postcard and can pull it out to look at the real back if you wanted to.

Patti Sylvia
Diva
Patti Sylvia
In response to CatScrapsHere

How about an acrylic album.....you could see both sides that way.

ILOVEPAPILLONS
Mayor
ILOVEPAPILLONS
In response to Patti Sylvia

If you want to keep the original, you could scan them on both sides and print them as photographs or do color copies of them.

Judes
Judes 
Expert
Judes
  • Judes on 02-26-09 10:36 PM
In response to iamtherealtamtam

• iamtherealtamtam Said:
i would probably make a copy of the back; then i could scrap both front and back! jmho

That's what I do. I color copy the written side. It looks exactly the same as the original. Maybe even better.

scrapbooknut
Idol
scrapbooknut
In response to Judes

you could sew the postcard into a section of page protector i did the with a letter very special to me i sewed ribbon around mine turned out very cute

lantana
Idol
lantana
In response to scrapbooknut

I've been thinking along the lines of the clear acrylic albums and the sewing into the page protector...if it would be possible to make a postcard size pocket (sort of like a wallet photo holder) and somehow attach it to the lo through the page protector and have it hinged so you would first see the front, and then could flip it to read the back. This would protect the postcard and the lo. Anything like a postcard size wallet photo holder out there?

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 02-27-09 08:58 AM
In response to lantana

What about using the page protectors that are made for 6, 4x6 photos? The ones I use are 12x12 size, and I put pics in some of the pockets and cardstock with journaling in other pockets. If you don't put anything behind the postcard, you can see both sides.

Shannonmarie123
Pro
Shannonmarie123
In response to Tivi

scan both sides and reprint them on cardstock. and then keep the original safe.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics