Username Post: Need Product Suggestions!!        (Topic#1497741)
New Kid On the Block

I am doing a scrapbook for my son who is in the Airforce. I have a lot of photos of him in uniform and in his flight suit standing by an F-16. I need some edgy, masculine type embellishments and paper and am struggling to find something appropriate. Everything seems to be so girly or if for a boy, so babyish. Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks for looking!

Skyvalley19

~Mirandia~
Resident
~Mirandia~
In response to skyvalley19

When I go home at lunch I will look and see the name of the company the I got all the DH's Army stuff from they had all branches and it was masculine. I think that you are going to love them, that is if you do not already have them!

New Kid On the Block
In response to ~Mirandia~

Thanks so much!!! I can't wait to see them!

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi

Did you check out some of the Basic Grey s paper?? There is that Granola and others.. may or may not work.. Go to BG's website, they have all their lines on there..

New Kid On the Block
In response to momma paparazzi

Yes, I did see some of their papers. I have used a couple of papers from the 'Boxer' line but thats about all I've been able to find. I was looking for something with some more reds and some airforce blue maybe?! But thanks for the suggestion! I'll take any and all ideas. This has been harder to find than I thought.

scrappinmomto2girls
Governor
scrappinmomto2girls

I know K&Co carries stuff like that

New Kid On the Block
In response to scrappinmomto2girls

Thanks, I'll check them out right now!

Crystal B.
Diva
Crystal B.

How about this...it is Zach's Life by Little yellow Bicycle...Here are some of the papers.

Some companies also have themed stuff if that's what you're looking for, so I found some of those links too.

Good Luck
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by Livn4change on 03-05-09 09:49 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Crystal B.

These are great!!!!! Thanks so much!! They're perfect for my book!

Patti Sylvia
Diva
Patti Sylvia

Tim Holtz As for embellies might I suggest some of Tim Holtz things....
Products Referenced in This Post:

Patti Sylvia
Diva
Patti Sylvia
In response to Patti Sylvia

You could do alot of sanding and distressing....I think that gives things a real masculine feel to stuff....good luck with your project.

-Jenn-
-Jenn- 
Diva
-Jenn-
In response to Patti Sylvia

K and comany has a lot of military stuff. I go to ebay and type in coast guard scrapbooking to find stuff for my DB. Good luck! I hope you post what you make!

Aumommie
Diva
Aumommie
In response to -Jenn-

Memories in Uniform also have some great stuff. Bazzill has packs of cs that are tailored for each service. I think i got mine at HL.

ekip2
ekip2 
Expert
ekip2
  • ekip2 on 03-05-09 11:11 AM
In response to Aumommie

I just finished a "for hire" album for a gentleman that was deployed from the National Guard. I used a bunch of K and Co stuff and stuck with the colors brown, green (all shades),cream, burgandy and navy. Creative Imaginations has some military stuff too.

Do a search here at the superstore for military and a bunch of stuff comes up. I've linked a few.

I used a star punch and some SU! star stamps as well. I'll try and add some of those layouts to my gallery shortly.

Andrea

Edited by ekip2 on 03-05-09 12:01 PM. Reason for edit: edited to add I uploaded some examples to my gallery if you're interested

New Kid On the Block

There are some great things in that Tim Holtz collection that I will definitely use! Thanks for the help!

New Kid On the Block

Thanks to all of you guys who took the time to respond! This was my first time to try the blog and I really was hoping to just get one person but you guys have overwelmed me with your generosity of ideas. I've been using your suggestions and shopping all day! It should be a great book! Thanks again!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics