Username Post: Transparencies        (Topic#1497755)
AngieKT
Tenant
AngieKT

How do you use transparencies?
I love the look but how do you attach it to a layout?

ekip2
ekip2 
Expert
ekip2
  • ekip2 on 03-05-09 10:42 AM
In response to AngieKT

i usually use brads. I've tried vellum adhesive and it still shows. I've also used eyelets. the other thing I do, is layer the transparency so a part of it is under something else and then the adhesive would be covered by the top layer or I'll hide the adhesive with a ribbon border. I'm looking forward to seeing the other suggestions.
Andrea

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to ekip2

My answers exactly.

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew
In response to dollscrap

I like to buy plain transparencies and use Staz-on ink and stamps to make my own embellishments and Diamond Glaze works good

you can sorta see one I made here on the far right bottle

*~* V day gifts photo 5 *~* By Gg Loves Matthew

mustBcrazy
Pro
mustBcrazy
In response to dollscrap

Diamond Glaze , little dots under the designs...

purpleprincess99
Tenant
purpleprincess99
In response to mustBcrazy

Another use I found from Tim Holtz is that you take a transparency use staz on ink to stamp a design then color it in with Stickles. Do it on the backside so when you turn it over you can see your stamp details through the stickles. It is a really nice embellishment especially for cards and it is another reason to buy stickles.

Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 03-05-09 12:30 PM
In response to purpleprincess99

• purpleprincess99 Said:
Another use I found from Tim Holtz is that you take a transparency use staz on ink to stamp a design then color it in with Stickles. Do it on the backside so when you turn it over you can see your stamp details through the stickles. It is a really nice embellishment especially for cards and it is another reason to buy stickles.

That sounds super cool!!

Edited by Kels on 03-05-09 12:30 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to Kels

Yet another 'aha moment' thanks to these threads!

Aunt25
Aunt25 
Queen
Aunt25
In response to RockStar

also the alcohol inks are perfect for transparencies, you can ink the entire thing or take a paint brush and just paint specific parts. and the American Crafts metallic markers work really well, just be sure to paint on the back side.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Aunt25

I also use staples to attach them, and some of the previous suggestions - eyelets, brads, covering the adhesive part with something else, etc. didn't think about the inks and the stickles though, great ideas!

daisygirl2
New Kid On the Block
daisygirl2
In response to Tina scraps

Creative Memories has a clear adhesive called Photo Tape that works great for vellum and transparencies. It does not show through whatever you are using.

ScrapperSara22
Guru
ScrapperSara22
In response to daisygirl2

Alcohol inks are AWESOME on transparencies! I can't wait to get some of the new brights to use! I use staples, or I'll strategically place Glue Dots on the transparency. For example I'll have a flower or button or rhinestone on top of my transparency I'll put a glue dot underneath that adhering the transparency to the paper, and it's not seen. Does that make sense? I also use Ranger's glossy accents.

You can also print flourishes, shapes, etc... and use them instead of stamps on a LO. Much easier and less messier! Look up free webdings fonts!

taj
taj 
Diva
taj
  • taj on 03-05-09 07:43 PM
In response to ScrapperSara22

use a little Diamond Glaze or a little glossy accents in the corner. just a small dab and you are set.

New Kid On the Block
In response to taj

I love the look of transparances but haven't tried them yet. Anyone used a computer to print the transparances? What type of transparances do you purchase?
Mainely

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew
In response to mainely

• mainely Said:
I love the look of transparances but haven't tried them yet. Anyone used a computer to print the transparances? What type of transparances do you purchase?
Mainely

Yes I have used a computer to print on transparencies and it comes out nicely. You just need to be sure whatever transparencies you buy that they are made for the type of printer you have....most use inkjet.

GemGirl
Expert
GemGirl
In response to ekip2

I've found one vellum adhesive that doesn't show at all--Wacky Tac Vellum Adhesive Sheets. Got mine from QVC. Doesn't show because it covers the entire item. They're 8.5x11" sheets.

HapEMomE
Veteran
HapEMomE
In response to GemGirl

Hi there! I attach my transparencies a couple of different ways... one of my favorite ways is by using my sewing machine and stitching them on. You can see an example in my gallery here http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/230267/view /1867665/...
I also use Fabri-Tac glue. It is a liquid adhesive and dries clear and flat. Once it is dry, it STICKS. You can see another example here http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/230267/view /1867667/...
Hope that helps

Resident
In response to HapEMomE

Look at your local Wal-mart thats where I purchase my transparencies for inkjet printers 10 in a pack 8 dollars. I use a very old greeting workshop program its old from 1995 I think but it still always has great clip art on it.

cindy

caraboo
Expert
caraboo
In response to craftycindy

I haven't tried transparencies yet but with all these great ideas...looks like I am going shopping for supplies! Thanks everyone!

Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen
In response to caraboo

Ditto what everyone said above. Brads, eyelets, hiding the adhesive under stuff, etc...

Here's a couple examples:

Love Story By Scrapbook Queen

Life is Measured in Moments By Scrapbook Queen

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics