Username Post: Journaling Pen        (Topic#1497779)
nessa9116
Veteran
nessa9116

What kind of pens does everyone use for journaling? I have trouble with lots of pens, because I am a lefty, so I smudge everything when I write because I'm dragging my hand across it. At the end of a work day my left hand has blue ink all over it

ScrapperSara22
Guru
ScrapperSara22
In response to nessa9116

Oh man, I was wondering about this the other night! I feel for you lefties! I sometimes will actually just take my time and write one word or line of journaling at a time to prevent smudging. I really like to use the ZIG signature slick writer for anything that is glossy or non-porous. Sometimes I'll use a regular old Bic, I also like the ZIG writer pen that has a double tip. The Sakura microtip is a favorite also and the sharpie fine tip! Yeah... I have a whole pen cup dedicated to my black and white pen collection!

daisygirl2
New Kid On the Block
daisygirl2
In response to ScrapperSara22

I love the pens from Creative Memories.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to daisygirl2

I second the opinion on the CM pens. Love mine! I just wish the brown one was a bit darker.

For slick surfaces, I like the Slick Writers and my ultra fine point sharpie.

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to siameseplease

I am a fellow south paw and I have never had a problem with CM pens. I didn't know this was a problem with some pens but now that I think about it I did have a problem with a gel pen and smudging it.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to CorrieW

I prefer my CM pens over anything!

nessa9116
Veteran
nessa9116
In response to TripletMother

Thanks guys!

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to nessa9116

ZIG

TriciaH
Guru
TriciaH
In response to nessa9116

I'm a leftie too! I've used the Sakura for about 10 years. Love them!

Insider tip: The Creative Memories pens, are the Sakura brand, just repackaged. The pen people told me this.

For slick surfaces, I use the American Crafts slick writer - but try and write slowly so it can dry as I write. Sometimes I talk my right-handed kids into writing the journaling when I have to use the Slick writer.

m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk
In response to TriciaH

I would agree with the CM pens and the ZIG pens....I love them both!!

mustBcrazy
Pro
mustBcrazy
In response to m.perk

I'm a lefty too!

I rotate my paper so that it is perpendicular to me and I write towards myself. My hand dosen't seem to drag thru the ink as much or at all...

JayJay77
Veteran
JayJay77
In response to mustBcrazy

Another lefty here! I too love my CM pens, and also the Micron pens. I realized that they were the same as the CM pens when I bought a "special" set of CM pens off eBay, and then discovered that I could get EXACTLY the same pens from M's. Oh well, live and learn, right?
~Jen

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics