Username Post: BEST PAPER TRIMMER??        (Topic#1497809)
luv2scrapndance
Guru
luv2scrapndance

Misplaced my 12" trimmer a few weeks back and now want to buy another one. ANy suggestions??

Amykins RN
Mayor
Amykins RN
In response to luv2scrapndance

Fiskars - 12 Inch Deluxe Portable Trimmer - Navy

scrapnread
Guru
scrapnread
In response to Amykins RN

I love my Making Memories 12x12 Trimmer. Not only is it a great trimmer, but the customer service is great also. Several weeks ago, I noticed that a plastic paper guide had broken on mine. I emailed the company and explained that my dh had bought my trimmer for Valentines Day in 2008 and now it was broke. I never heard back from them, but on Monday, there was a package in the mail with a replacement part, an extra magnetic ruler, a package of jumbo brad embellishments, and a package of ribbons, 6 yards in all. My sister has the same trimmer and got it before Valentine's Day last year, the grid lines started wearing off, she contacted them, and they sent her a brand new trimmer.

Edited by scrapnread on 03-06-09 05:46 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DivaDana
Diva
DivaDana
In response to scrapnread

Does this one sharpen it's blade itself? The Making Memories one.

TriciaH
Guru
TriciaH

I love my Fiskars . Its simple, but effective.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to TriciaH

I love my Making Memories . And yes, it does sharpen itself.

Grammy2jmp
Diva
Grammy2jmp
In response to Nancy Keslin

Another vote for Making Memories !

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Grammy2jmp

I, after trying so many others have to go with the Fiscars up top that Amykins is showing. It's so versitile and easy, cuts straight, lightweight to move it out of your way, if you make a mess like I do when you're scrapping. It has the fold out arm for larger measures. It's perfect!!!

Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen
In response to Deb-doodle

I've always used Fiskars and have never been disappointed.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Scrapbook Queen

MM for me too! Love mine!

cramos
cramos 
Resident
cramos

cutterpede or Fiskars ..
love them both.
Cutterpede Trimmer (Discontinued)

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to cramos

I like the cutterpede because you can get the interchangable shuttles to make the fancy cuts or to score cards with,,,,

Love love LOVE the cutterpede!! Holly

animemama
Veteran
animemama
In response to CommaHolly

I have the old gray Fiskars trimmer, love it in every way except the blade goes all over the place. I've been "test-driving" the Making Memories rotary trimmer mentioned in posts here. It's a very nice trimmer, but it just doesn't feel quite right in my hands and isn't compatible with the way I work. Hard to explain - I do a lot of free-hand trimming, especially with photos, and it's hard to see exactly where the cut is going to be if you aren't measuring. So I think I'm going to return it. A lot of people love it, though, so it might work for you, depending on how you work.

I just got the new Fiskars Premium sliding blade trimmer that TriciaH talks about, and so far I love it, it fits with my work flow like my old Fiskars trimmer, but so far it cuts perfectly straight and it's easy to see what I'm doing. The right trimmer is really a personal thing, depending on how you like to work and what feels comfortable for you, so sometimes you just have to try out a few (or half a dozen! ) different ones to find the one that works best for you.

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to animemama

Another Cutterpede vote here. Just love the fact that I can get different edges and scoring in addition to the usual straight line.
I agree that a trimmer is a matter of personal preference. I tried out 4 before I found the one that worked for me.
Cutterpede Score Blade (Discontinued)
Cutterpede Trimmer (Discontinued)

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics