Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Glimmer Mist        (Topic#1497817)
Crazydiamond
Diva
Crazydiamond

I am very enthralled by this product because it looks so beautiful! I am about to buy one, but just would love your recommendations as to which color to buy! I'd like to buy just one. If there was one you would have which one would it be? Thanks. -Jenn

naf
naf 
Idol
naf
  • naf on 03-05-09 11:36 PM
In response to Crazydiamond

That depends on what's the theme of the album that you are working on: like kids, wedding, ?? I am working on my kid's albums and just for give it a try I bought the candy apple and I think this color can work with every theme and every season. Especially with Disney LOs

collectin scraps
Resident
collectin scraps
In response to naf

I love the key lime. It is a very pretty light lime color and very versatile. For just shimmer, pearl is pretty too.

stephie
Idol
stephie
In response to collectin scraps

I have all sorts of colors because you can mix and match and spray them togeter. Have fun with them.

scrappinmonkey
Queen
scrappinmonkey
In response to stephie

Okay, duh?! What is it? Looks like stickles that you spray....

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps
In response to scrappinmonkey

its mica mixed with a liquid to dye your paper and give it shimmer...

for a good starter color, just get the gold or pearl. No color involved, just the glimmer...then you can use it on ANYTHING Thats what I started out with and now I have over 25 colors.

Danielle S
Queen
Danielle S
In response to Diva Scraps

My cardstock always warped when using it-even spraying it into the air then running my paper under it,so I didn't like the stuff. I'm sure I was doing something wrong,always am,just got frustrated & gave it away,lol.

scrappinmonkey
Queen
scrappinmonkey
In response to Danielle S

See, that is what I would worry about too...

loriglen
Veteran
loriglen
In response to scrappinmonkey

I experimented with Glimmer Mist by spraying it on a hardcover blank journal that I bought at the dollar store. The journal was silver and had an embossed vine pattern on the front. I sprayed Cherry Red on it, wiped off the excess, and was SHOCKED how pretty it turned out.

Just thought I'd share.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to loriglen

I've just used mine on embellishments rather than the whole sheet. I have a pink and a blue.

Castle Scrapper
Diva
Castle Scrapper
In response to johnsusan8

I've never heard of it before - now I'm intrigued!

Renee77
Diva
Renee77
In response to Castle Scrapper

I bought silver bells and I have only used it on my prima's looks so pretty...

TriciaH
Guru
TriciaH

I like pearl if you want just a little sheen on top of things.

For full coverage, I *adore* all the metallics, but particularly the copper.

Now Kelsey across the hall, she loves the greens and blues and would be annoyed if I didn't mention them.

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 03-06-09 08:24 AM
In response to TriciaH

make sure to watch the video on the produc page.. it is very helpful!

scrappypug
Tenant
scrappypug
In response to Foamy

I have the pearl and bronze and tiger lily... i sometimes use my heat tool to dry the paper and bend it back if it warps.. but once I put the paper into the page protector and into the scrapbook it flattens right out.

ScrapperSara22
Guru
ScrapperSara22
In response to scrappypug

I have a small addiction to glimmer mist! I like coffee, oriental poppy, bubblegum and key lime the best. I know, some help I am!

You can also make your own glimmer mist using distressed ink re-inkers, perfect pearls and a mini mister. If you go to his website he has a video tutorial. Now the possibilities are endless!!!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to ScrapperSara22

I have a whole mess of colors, but am constantly going back to the coffee and the copper. They are so much fun, especially if you get the glimmer screens to use as a mask.

Glimmer mists are water based, so the paper will curl up when you use them. Using a heat gun or a craft iron will take care of it.

ScrapperSara22
Guru
ScrapperSara22

Whoops! I should mention "his" name now shoudln't I? go to www.Timholtz.com and you should see a link for videos on how to make your own glimmer mist.

Crazydiamond
Diva
Crazydiamond

Wow, thanks for your help everyone! I just bought "suede" because it seemed neutral enough. I mostly want it for the shimmer and not for the color but I thought a beige toned one would be good. He he I said the same thing about stickles: started with the crystal and ended up getting many many colors. So we will see where this goes! Thanks again for the suggestions!

RhondaR
Idol
RhondaR

I LOVE glimmer mist...Pearl is my favorite and I have several colors! It's GORGEOUS on flowers!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics