Username Post: painting items        (Topic#1498037)
CarrieBH
Veteran
CarrieBH

I have tried cat's eye permanent and chalk paints, and discovered neither are good for metal, cardboard, or plastic (button) embelishments. Now that I have a large variety of colors, are they good for anything other than cardstock (making cards)? What DO people use to paint embelishments, anyway, without needing hours to let those things dry? How much money will I have to spend?
Products Referenced in This Post:

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to CarrieBH

I don't have an answer, but am curious to know as well!

spend2much
Diva
spend2much
In response to MommaSaid

Staz-On is good for things like metal and plastic...it also works great on twill ribbon since it won't bleed.
I use the standard scrapbooking paints by MM or from Wal Mart and Michael's by Plaid and they're affordable.
I usually paint my chipboard w/paints. I've not had any issues using inks to cover chipboard, maybe it's cuz I don't use the chalk inks...I find them to be a bit dryer than solvent or dye inks.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to CarrieBH

• CarrieBH Said:
I have tried cat's eye permanent and chalk paints, and discovered neither are good for metal, cardboard, or plastic (button) embelishments. Now that I have a large variety of colors, are they good for anything other than cardstock (making cards)? What DO people use to paint embelishments, anyway, without needing hours to let those things dry? How much money will I have to spend?

those aren't paints, they're inks. You can use them with embossing powder and heat it with a heat tool on items such as metal, wood, etc, but not by themselves because they rub off. You can use them on things besides cardstock though, try them on chipboard or paper flowers!
Like mentioned above, Stazon is a permanent ink that will color acrylic, transparencies, metal, plastic, etc. Also, alcohol inks will do this as well.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics