Username Post: circle cutter        (Topic#1498405)
scrapbooknut
Idol
scrapbooknut

which circle cutter do you recommend?

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to scrapbooknut

Don't know of a good one but one I DON't RECOMMEND is Martha Stewert. I have one and it sucks.

Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen
In response to Scrappin Kitty

I have been using the Coluzzle system for years and really like it because it's not just a circle cutter. You can buy all different templates for it, hearts, diamonds, flowers, alpha's etc. Some people have found it hard to use, it does take a littel getting used to but once you've got it, it's great. It's relatively inexpensive and works well I think! You need to buy the foam mat to use with it, it will NOT work with a glass mat or a self healing mat. HTH!

m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk
In response to Scrappin Kitty

The CM cutting system is AWESOME! I have almost all the shapes and LOVE them! I highly recommend those!

mrbabcock
Veteran
mrbabcock
In response to m.perk

if you have a diecut machine, that is the way to go. I have the EK curvy cutter with the circle template, I also tried the MM circle cutter without much success. I'm better with the EK one, but both took so much practice that it was frustrating. I have a cricut and a Wishblade , and unless I need a big circle, I prefer to use those.

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit
In response to scrapbooknut

Definitely Creative Memories! I have both the circles and the ovals and LOVE them.

scrapbooknut
Idol
scrapbooknut
In response to mrbabcock

i have a cricut what cart. does circles?

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Ms. Fit

I really like the coluzzle system for small/medium circles. For really big circles I trace a pot or a plate and cut out with scissors.

SharminJ
Mayor
SharminJ
In response to mrbabcock

I have the Coluzzle and the Ek Success Curvy Cutter. I like the portability of both, but you really need a cutting mat with the Curvy Cutter. I have a Cricut Expressions, so when I need a big, perfect circle I use that.

mrbabcock
Veteran
mrbabcock
In response to SharminJ

George and basic shapes on the cricut carts have circles as an option.

BlingPrincessMarci
Diva
BlingPrincessMarci
In response to Scrapbook Queen

• Scrapbook Queen Said:
I have been using the Coluzzle system for years and really like it because it's not just a circle cutter. You can buy all different templates for it, hearts, diamonds, flowers, alpha's etc. Some people have found it hard to use, it does take a littel getting used to but once you've got it, it's great. It's relatively inexpensive and works well I think! You need to buy the foam mat to use with it, it will NOT work with a glass mat or a self healing mat. HTH!

i agree.. i love this system

Amy Chomas
Veteran
Amy Chomas
In response to BlingPrincessMarci

I use the Ek Success Curvy cutter with a glass mat and I get awesome circles! I have the Cricut and do use that for some of my smaller circles as well, but sometimes I want a big circle partially off the page, or I want to figure out an exact size for a circle and the curvy cutter is so much easier for that. You can also use the outside of the circle templates to make even bigger ones! I'm a circle junkie lol!

Castle Scrapper
Diva
Castle Scrapper
In response to Amy Chomas

I love my Creative Memories circle and oval cutters! George cartridge does circles on the cricut.

Ami G
Ami G 
Diva
Ami G
  • Ami G on 03-13-09 07:42 AM
In response to Castle Scrapper

I have the Ek Success Curvy Cutter and LOVE it.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Ami G

I have the Martha Stewart circle cutter from Walmart for around $8 I think. I like it! It took me a while to get the hang of it, and I have learned to always tape down the middle of the circle that you are going to cut before beginning so that it won't move (one tape square is all you need). You can use it with a self-healing mat, don't need a glass mat. It doesn't do any other shapes like the Ek Success Curvy Cutter (which I have been thinking of getting for ovals and rounded squares), but just for circles, I do like the Martha Stewart one. It is small, so you can pack it if you go to crops. The blades last good, haven't changed one yet. I think the biggest circle is somewhere from 5 1/2 to 6".

Expert
In response to StarsNSparkles

I too like the Coluzzle system--too bad it's being discontinued, grrr. I started with a Fiskars system; it worked ok, but not always. I've heard lots of good things about the CM system, but the circles didn't go as big as coluzzles.

Judes
Judes 
Expert
Judes
  • Judes on 03-16-09 10:17 PM
In response to HuskerMom98

I like the Coluzzles.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics