Page 1 of 167 
Username Post: VCW Week 106 - Party Afterglow        (Topic#1498439)
c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

What is this thread about?

Once upon a time, things got quiet here on the weekends, so a thread was started to just hang out and do a virtual crop. Since then it's grown into more. Several people are now "regular," but we're always open to newcomers. We chat about anything and everything. (Warning: Sometimes we stray into areas that may be considered "adult," although we always try to be tasteful about it.) We share our latest layouts, pictures, whatever interests us. We have fun and encourage each other.

It's now all week long, too. Since it is a new thread each week, it's easier for anyone to join. Even though we start over each week, it's STILL pages and pages long. Don't be intimidated, we are happy to have anyone drop by and say hello. Some of us read all the replies and keep up, but it is not required. Warning: It can get addictive!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please leave updates about yourself here.
You can also place Prayer Requests here . This is for those who can't be online as much as they would like to be. At least this way, there's highlights from this thread.

VCW Yahoo! Group

This is a place where we can store info - email addresses, geographical locations, birthdays. (We started this because we wanted to know who we have to go looking for after major events such as the recent hurricanes in the U.S.)

Sign up for the group. You have to be approved for the group. There are a few people around here to keep an eye on the admin of the list, so the approval shouldn't take too long. The approval process isn't because we're elitist or anything - it's just our way of making sure that those who have access to our info there are "known" to us and not just people signing up randomly to farm the information. The purpose of this site is to store emergency contact information for the members of our group. Please be respectful of its intended use and do not abuse the information.

Once you're approved, you can add your info to the database and/or your birthday to the calendar. If you need help with either of these functions, just yell and someone here will give you instructions.

Most of us also really love BLING and encourage bling usage...some to the point of "pimping" but hey, whatever gets the blingy point across!

Come visit Our Gallery to meet some of the irregular regulars!

So come on! Don't be bashful! And don't be afraid of the fact that this thread MOVES. Just jump in wherever we are, and we'll be glad to get you caught up on what's happening. We never know what we're going to talk about or how silly we will get.

WARNING: Reading of, or participation in, this thread could result in food or drink being sprayed across your computer or sleepless nights ... Just read responsibly.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

At Shirley's suggestion....

Male Bonding By C-leaper

Shopping With Mommy By C-leaper

Are You Ready....? By C-leaper

On Top of the Mountain By C-leaper

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to c-leaper

Jenni! Jenni! Jenni!!! Love the LOs!!!!!!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

And I'll move this over since it's too good to be missed.....

Wanted to grab your attention. Did it work?

For those of you who have listened to the trials and travails of ESD...if you would like to "meet" him in person...

(I can't believe I'm even saying this)

He & Wifey will be on Dr. Phil next week. Yes, Dr. Phil. I believe it will be Tuesday's show. (NOTE: Now confirmed according to web site.) According to the local grapevine, the topic will be young couples getting a divorce while having young children. (NOTE: Also confirmed since web site is updated.)

If you would like a preview...

(This is new info, btw.)

Go to the Dr. Phil home page. As of Friday, the first thing that comes up is about Friday's show with the Kardashians.

If you go to the lower right corner, "forward" and "backward" arrows will light up when you move your cursor over them. Go TWO CLICKS BACK to the panel about the "Young Wives Club." Where it says "Tuesday Click Here," click it and you'll get a video/commercial teaser for that day's show.

Ummm...ESD & Wifey are the ones talking about him lying all the time. (Which is hysterical to me, because one thing Kim wondered was whether or not they would talk about his compulsive lying.)

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to BlingQueenRia

• BlingQueenRia Said:
Jenni! Jenni! Jenni!!! Love the LOs!!!!!!

Thank you thank you!

And now, since I need to be up in slightly less than 5 hours, I'm going to head to bed. It has been quite an eventful afternoon/evening here.

Don't know if/when I'll have a chance to check in tomorrow. Might not be until tomorrow night if there's some down time at work. But I'll see you all eventually. This has been a fun week, hanging with y'all more-or-less in real time.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to c-leaper

Thanks for starting the thread, Jenni.

I hope that the show will not affect Kim in any way, except maybe provide her with a good laugh.

I know that Ethan has a great mom and grandparents and even uncles and aunts (are they still in touch after Ethan's half-brother was born.. is that the right term, half-brother)? In a way, I hope he doesn't learn about ESD.. or that he won't be hurt by the knowledge of him.

Everytime I hear a program talking about adopted kids, my heart race faster, I'm so easy to cry. I can't explain it.. just something..

It's like when those ladies who were curious why I was sad about my adoption, I am almost incapable of explaining it. If affects me. Should it? Maybe not. I've got loving parents and a great childhood. Now I've got my own family. But I can't tell you why it's profoundly shaken me up. Turned my world upside down, even though it shouldn't?

I pray that this will not affect Ethan. That he will be sad, maybe, about his dad's loss (of not knowing Ethan), but may he not be affected and may he always be thankful for the great people he has in his life and be blessed by that.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

I am working on the MOST FLOWERY LO I've EVER done!

And probably with the most frenzy stamping!

And waiting to see if my coworker offshore has signed off on the request. She's having a mtg right now about this, and she promised me she'll sign off and asked me to go to bed! She knows how crazy I am.

But I just wanna know! I'm just crazy!

So I"m still here.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

Reposting challenges that aren't due yet... so VCWers, you still have a chance to work on them:

Challenge #6
Hostess: Tink

Due Date: a week from Mar 8. (Mar 15?)

This is just for us since we love BLING ....

How high can you go ...

Do a one or two page LO ... and count Bling points

1 point: each Rhinestone
each Blinged letter
each Bead

5 points: each silver gold or metallic add on

10 points: Each item that has glitter on it
Each Stickled item

15 points: Blingy Paper
Blingy Flower

20 points: Blingy Ribbons

The two highest Los will get RAK from me and 2 additional random persons ... you can enter as many as you like ...

Liz(Moxie)'s challenge:

How many Layouts can YOU get done before I become a Queen??

The rules:

1. This challenge will begin at 5 pm EDT Monday, March 9, 2009. It will end when I complete my 25,000 post here on scrapbook.com.

2. Only layouts started after 5 pm on 3/9/09 will count.

3. Challenge will end without notice, so pay attention to my post count. I expect to make Queen around the weekend, maybe next week at the latest, so plan accordingly and pay attention!

4. Don't worry about getting them posted in the gallery. The purpose of this challenge is to get caught up on projects.

Flower Pic Challenge
Hostess: Dawn

By Saturday, at 8PM Az time, post a photo of your flower stash. Those who think they have a huge stash, YOU BETTER BRING IT!!
I will randomly draw a name for a Prima flower RAK!!!
I am starting a VCW Flower Photo challenge thread in the challenge thread to post your photos to!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

So there are 3 challenges left ......

The others have ended yesterday...

For my card challenge, there are 10 ladies so far. I'll draw a number tomorrow nite.. if you still want to try to make one, I'll wait till then....

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

We miss you, Vivian and Joy!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to jellyziva

My photo for the VCW Flower Stash Photo Challenge
By DawnInAZ

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to DawnInAZ

Morning!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to scrappycath

Started the day with a pain pill. So it should get better from here.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

morning Cathy! I am still up!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• NonnasLove Said:
Cathy and Liz - you know how close I am to the NH border....couple of minutes.

For those that don't know, (at the risk of repeating myself to the others) Once I'm in NH, it is only another 15 minutes to Maine. So the trip only takes me 15-17 minutes to be in three different states.

I know I've said it before but, I really LOVE my little corner of the world!

I love that corner of the world too! 'cept for the snow!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Dawn - you'd better get some sleep!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

I was in bed for all of 4 very interrupted hours and I 'm hurting. I know I could use more sleep!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

I still need to take a photo of my flowers. Not that my stashe comes close to you and Tink!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• scrappycath Said:
Dawn - you'd better get some sleep!

I just did a Monica!!

good night all!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• leebla Said:
  • SticklesQueenMoxie Said:
  • NonnasLove Said:
Cathy and Liz - you know how close I am to the NH border....couple of minutes.

For those that don't know, (at the risk of repeating myself to the others) Once I'm in NH, it is only another 15 minutes to Maine. So the trip only takes me 15-17 minutes to be in three different states.

I know I've said it before but, I really LOVE my little corner of the world!

I'm only a little farther away than you are, Pat. It takes me a little over an hour to get to Maine from here. I also used to go to Maine and VT for the day on a whim.

Psssttt...hubby started looking at the map last night and started planning our route...
We're motorcycling to Bar Harbour! And we just need to find the least pain in my rear way to get there!
and lookey lookey lookey...Manchester's just about where we're gonna be lookin to stop for the night....didn't you say there's a hotel right down the street?

WHEN?? Love me some Bar Harbor! Great hiking in Acadia! If we could swing it for a weekend we could meet up there. Or maybe further south on the Maine Coast and get Pat & Liz for a bit too???

Page 1 of 167 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics