Username Post: Pen recommendation for journaling long letter on layout        (Topic#1498463)
IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 03-13-09 09:35 AM

Hi I am new to scrapping and have never used my own handwriting on a layout. I always admire it when others do b/c I think it personalizes the page so much more, even if your handwriting isn't so great (um, that would be me!)

I want to scrap a 2-page layout that will have pics on the R page and a love letter to my baby on the L. The letter will be kind of long, I think. I haven't written it yet.

What kind of pen should I use for a letter like this? I've never bought any scrapping pen but I'm guessing that I will want to use a scrap pen that writes more or less like a regular pen to give it an authentic feel.

I will draft the letter in Word, then handwrite it on the patterned paper , then put the paper on the layout. That way, if I mess up, the paper won't already be stuck to the layout.

Thanks in advance.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to IzzyB

There's any number of pens you can use for journaling, such as ZIG . They pretty much write like a pen, but their archival safe, etc.

I haven't tried it yet myself, but the site fontifier.com will actually take your handwriting and turn it into a font, I think its only $10. That way its still personal, but less errors on your page!

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to Tina scraps

I often have lots of handwritten journaling on my layouts. You'll definitely want a good archival scrapbooking pen for the task. My favorites are ZIG and American Crafts . I like the .05 for most journaling, though sometimes I go smaller or larger.

Cindy
Products Referenced in This Post:
Zig Writer - Black (Discontinued)

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to cindy312

I agree - a .05 ZIG works really well for lots of journaling.

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to scraprabbit

I use regular fine liners by BIC, they come in all sorts of colors and shades in a 0.5 milimeters size. I have not yet had a problem with them re. archiving them. Only thing is, they need a few seconds to dry when yer just writing and when yer coloring they need a few more seconds longer. So when yer writing, have to remind yerself to not go over it with yer hand.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics