Username Post: Asain Themed Album!!!!        (Topic#1498685)
scrapali22
Expert
scrapali22

I have a lady that would like me to do an album for her, she's paying so I want it to be as good as possible. I'm fro canada and I have pretty much never been out of it (except to go to florida twice) I asked her what theme she would like and it's asain, which sounds really cool but I'm drawing a blank on ideas??? To be more specific she studied in the Japanese city Kyoto. Any ideas???? Please help me....any info would be great!

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to scrapali22

I did a superstore search (see below). For an Asian-inspired album, I think it would be really important to have a lot of white space and a clean look. Simple, yet elegant. Minimal embellishments, very few photos to a page.

You can probably find some great inspiration doing a search in the gallery. You can probably also find great stuff by checking out some Japanese art books from the library. The paintings, etc. in there could be springboards for your work.

Good luck. Post when you're done!!

Cindy

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to cindy312

as Cindy showed there, the DCWV has the Far East Stack, and it's gorgeous,,,I've heard alot of really nice stuff about it Have you considered showing her any pictures of paper and seeing what she likes as far as that's concerned??

Holly

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to CommaHolly

You know, if I remember correctly, Kyoto is a bit different from most of Japan,,,,I think it's more "quaint",,,,you might want to do some research on Kyoto,,,,,that might help you a bit,,,,,

Holly

shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi
In response to CommaHolly

I think the K&Co. Mira paper pad has an Asian feel to it:) Very bright colors:) I got mine at M's.

mizzblue
Guru
mizzblue
In response to shopgirlaudi

asian doesn't necessarily mean an over abundance of asian papers and embells-too much will look tacky ...used muted papers-Dove of the East has some fantastic papers that you can mix with black & brown cardstock...DCWV has some great asian inspired papers too.

Rowena
Rowena 
Veteran
Rowena
In response to mizzblue

I know little about Kyoto and Japan in general, but i do know that Kyoto is home to many temples and was the seat of the Japanese capital in the past. Many tourists go to see the old temples. You could maybe utilize some cute die cuts of pagodas on a page or two.

mjmone
mjmone 
Idol
mjmone
In response to Rowena

I love the Prima line, Tea and Silk..
as a half Japanese...these are a li'l more Japanese than Chinese inspired.

and they also have Peaches..another asian but more playful line.

pearlygadget
Veteran
pearlygadget
In response to mjmone

this is a pisture I did for a friend of mine.
http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/236999/view /1290005/...

Edited by pearlygadget on 03-16-09 01:07 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapali22
Expert
scrapali22
In response to pearlygadget

Thank you all so much, everyone has great suggestions and I think I'll be using all of them in one way or another! All of it helps so much! Thanks for taking the time

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics