Username Post: unisex embellies ???        (Topic#1498785)
ekip2
ekip2 
Expert
ekip2
  • ekip2 on 03-17-09 04:41 AM

Ok so I posted yesterday that I would be making a premade album for a charity auction. I spoke with my cousin (the auction is for her family) and she really likes the idea of a childhod memories album.

I need to make it sort of generic since its for a diverse group of people and I really want lots of people to bid on it. So I can't be girly or too boyish since I want parents of either to bid on it.

I know lots of folks here do a really nice job with flowers on boy pages but I am not going to do that in this album in case the noncrafty folks that see it won't "go for it" so here is my question (finally, I sure do talk alot don't I LOL)

What embellishment is for both sexes and looks great??? I'm thinking - buttons, circles layered on top of each other, cut out squares with in squares....HELP!!

TIA - and I'm sure I'll bug you guys for more advice as I go along...I feel helpless about my cousins situation (her husband has terminal cancer) and thought this would enhance the auction a bit....

Andrea

Patti Sylvia
Diva
Patti Sylvia
In response to ekip2

You could use a couple of Disney/Sesame Street type characters.....also some toys....balls, teddy bears.

Or maybe some beachy things like fish/frogs or ducks for bathtime photos....
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by scrapn biker chick on 03-17-09 05:18 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Patti Sylvia
Diva
Patti Sylvia
In response to Patti Sylvia

jenniThere are also alot of vintagey looking things like these attached.....

Patti Sylvia
Diva
Patti Sylvia
In response to Patti Sylvia

schoolHow about books....school related stuff

Amarilys
Diva
Amarilys
In response to ekip2

this is very nice of you.

-brads, eyelets, metal embellies, flourishes done in neutral colors, stars, lots of ribbon, machine stitches, paper piecings

Just a little advise: I sell on eB@y and it is easier to sell a little girl's album, or pages for that matter, than a little boys. I'm not trying to change your mind. This is just a friendly advice or heads-up, if you will.

Good luck!

melilou
Guru
melilou
In response to Amarilys

Stars would work really well. A lot of people call them "boy flowers" because they can take the place of flowers on a boy page, but really it would love just as good on a girl page. Fiskars have punches on a few different sizes so that you could layer patterned paper stars etc...

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics