Username Post: Chalk help!!        (Topic#1498855)
m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk

I want to start experimenting with chalk and was wondering if anyone had any input? Is this a good starters kit???

Pebbles Inc. - Chalk Kit - Basic and Pearlescent Chalks
Products Referenced in This Post:

GreenDragonLady
Expert
GreenDragonLady
In response to m.perk

Those should be fine! (I use SU's because I'm a demonstrator)

One of my favorite things to do is stamp with versamark on white cardstock and then dab the chalk gently on the stamped image. It's like magic! My favorite applicators are little sponge daubers that fit on the end of your finger. I really feel like I get good control.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to GreenDragonLady

I have a Pebbles kit and it's great.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Here Kitty

I'm glad you asked this question, because I just bought my first chalk kit and I was wondering myself. I did use it to chalk the edges of an atc card, but I haven't tried anythign else yet. didn't know about the versamark thing. thanks for sharing!

ScrappE
Diva
ScrappE
In response to Tina scraps

I haven't bought any chalks yet, but I like the look of them from what I've seen on certain LOs. However, I am still scared of it fluffing off everywhere.

ReaDy2SPoiL
Resident
ReaDy2SPoiL
In response to ScrappE

That same company makes stencils you can use with the chalk. That's a great starter kit!!!

GreenDragonLady
Expert
GreenDragonLady
In response to ReaDy2SPoiL

You can also stamp an image on dark cardstock with white pigment ink, let it dry somewhat, then chalk up the pigment with the daubers. That's a great look too! So neat on black cardstock...looks like a chalkboard!

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to GreenDragonLady

I have a Pebbles kit and I like it.

Thanks for the chalking tips... I'd never thought of using it with stamps before!

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to m.perk

• m.perk Said:
I want to start experimenting with chalk and was wondering if anyone had any input? Is this a good starters kit???

Pebbles Inc. - Chalk Kit - Basic and Pearlescent Chalks

I have the Pebbles chalks and they are great!

m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk
In response to Jennifer Priest

Thanks so Much Ladies!! All the input and tips really help!!!

CASBa
CASBa 
Governor
CASBa
  • CASBa on 03-18-09 09:37 AM
In response to m.perk

Do you have to use something to adhere the chalk to the paper or do you just chalk and go?

AshleyS3285
Guru
AshleyS3285
In response to CASBa

I chalk and go... I have used it on many projects and not just scrapbooking or cardmaking... I made books for toddlers and they held up well without coming off. as far as getting everywhere it doesn't... I love the stylus clip tool that comes in that kit to.. it lets me use it like a pen or pencil allows for great control

channyne
Resident
channyne
In response to AshleyS3285

I use these two sets... just a variation of the other you posted. I like the SU Daubers as well but I don't use them for all chalk application. I use a metal 3 prong applicator (looks like the 3 prong Pebbles applicator) I didn't like the 'roach clip' applicator that came with the sets and sometimes I even use Qtips. Just depends on how harsh I want my coloring. A white eraser works wonders so don't forget to pick one of those up!

Have fun!

ScrappE
Diva
ScrappE
In response to AshleyS3285

• AshleyNeedsMoreMojo Said:
I chalk and go... I have used it on many projects and not just scrapbooking or cardmaking... I made books for toddlers and they held up well without coming off. as far as getting everywhere it doesn't... I love the stylus clip tool that comes in that kit to.. it lets me use it like a pen or pencil allows for great control

Which brand do you recommend then that holds up well and doesn't fluff off?

m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk
In response to channyne

• channyne Said:
I use these two sets... just a variation of the other you posted. I like the SU Daubers as well but I don't use them for all chalk application. I use a metal 3 prong applicator (looks like the 3 prong Pebbles applicator) I didn't like the 'roach clip' applicator that came with the sets and sometimes I even use Qtips. Just depends on how harsh I want my coloring. A white eraser works wonders so don't forget to pick one of those up!

Have fun!

So, once the chalk is on...will it rub off easy????

hodgepodge722
Veteran
hodgepodge722
In response to m.perk

if you want to try chalks and not put much money into it you can always try a really small set and use q-tips and cotton balls. thats all i ever use. i like to use the q-tips for small details and the cotton balls for bigger areas that i want to have a muted or marble-y look to them.

fashioned.in.faith
Guru
fashioned.in.faith
In response to hodgepodge722

I Love Pebbles ! Just a hint... start rubbing it on very lightly and keep adding until you get the desired effect - it's easier to keep adding than try to rub it back off! Have Fun!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics