Username Post: Felt Fusion Ribbon        (Topic#1499145)
ghall
ghall 
Diva
ghall
  • ghall on 03-21-09 06:41 PM

Does anybody have any advise or techniques for using Queen & Co. Felt Fusion Ribbon? I have some in almost every color because I thought it was such a cool thing when it came out. However, the couple of times I have tried to use is, I end up with the biggest mess. The kind I have is all swirly, & it ends up hooking onto itself as I try to stick it down. What am I doing wrong???

Aunt25
Aunt25 
Queen
Aunt25
In response to ghall

the best thing to so is only tear off a little bit of the backing at a time and try to stick it down as you remove the backing. if you try to remove the entire pice of backing and then try to stick it down it really is a big ole mess.

cidscraps
Idol
cidscraps
In response to Aunt25

I completely agree...I love the way this looks...but it can be tricky..I read on another board to put it in the freezer for about 5 min..this seems to help a bit and I also do the same with only pulling the backing back a little at a time, I go slow and it takes a while...but turns out great in the end...hth

cidscraps
Idol
cidscraps
In response to cidscraps

oh yeah...also, I have had good luck cutting it apart and making smaller embellies with it and is much easier to handle then as well

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to cidscraps

I just peel off a little backing at a time and stick it down as I go. Makes it so much easier.

Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen
In response to cidscraps

• cidscraps Said:
I completely agree...I love the way this looks...but it can be tricky..I read on another board to put it in the freezer for about 5 min..this seems to help a bit and I also do the same with only pulling the backing back a little at a time, I go slow and it takes a while...but turns out great in the end...hth

I'll have to try the freezer thing b/c I am not using it b/c it's such a pain!!! Thanks for the tip!

SmartyPants
Diva
SmartyPants
In response to Scrapbook Queen

I got some a while back and haven't used it - I'm glad to find out that it can be difficult prior to trying to use it!! thanks!

mrbabcock
Veteran
mrbabcock
In response to SuperAllyFan

ditto to this idea, it's insane how sticky it is otherwise!

tufano79
Idol
tufano79
In response to mrbabcock

Wow...awesome advice. I will definitely do that the next time I use my felt borders.

Hugs, Josie

ghall
ghall 
Diva
ghall
  • ghall on 03-26-09 06:36 PM
In response to tufano79

I tried it again tonight, just going very slowly. It turned out better, but I still ended up with one side higher than the other side. Its hard to keep it going straight with all of those curliques. When you're busy worrying about the curls sticking to each other, you forget to watch where you are going!

nessa9116
Veteran
nessa9116
In response to ghall

draw a line with pencil first and line it up with that. I used it on this layout

For this one since it was so close to the bottom that I wanted it, I lined up my ruler with the bottom edge of the paper, to give me a closer reference of what straight was. Also use everyone elses tip of peeling off the backing slowly.

ghall
ghall 
Diva
ghall
  • ghall on 03-27-09 10:23 AM
In response to nessa9116

I thought of that after I finished. I really didn't expect it to end up going uphill!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics