Username Post: ?? RE ACRYLIC PAINT        (Topic#1499279)
dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

I see people mention acrylic paint and see it offered in the scrapbooking stores. I have a couple questions. What do you do with it? I have seen people paint background cardstock with it, swirls, etc., but is that the only reason for it? And second, can you use any acrylic paint? I have some I used when I did wall stenciling several years ago. It's "acrylic" - is it the same thing?

scrappinraiderfan
Diva
scrappinraiderfan
In response to dwelch

I use it on everything from painting a background to using it on the new lollipop flowers that you make to painting a frame around my picture. I use my "old" stuff alot still. Hope that helps

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to scrappinraiderfan

here are i few think i use it on
chipboard
brads
tomake my own backgrounds
buttons
fabric
pretty much anything i dont like the color or something about i change . you can get diffrent stuff to mix with it so you can work on all types of finshes.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Stephanie D

As far as I know, the acrylic paint offered in the stores is the same as the stuff at a LSS. I buy the paint at ACM or M's when it's on sale 2/$1.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to siameseplease

I use it on painting chipboard, and also for stamping with foam stamps. I used the same paints that I used for painting on some canvases. good luck!

cidscraps
Idol
cidscraps
In response to Tina scraps

I use it alot for painting chipboard and altered items...I use the MM cuz I guess I assumed it was acid free...but maybe it isn't or maybe all acrylic paint is acid free...hhhmmmmm, now I am wondering.....

SharminJ
Mayor
SharminJ
In response to cidscraps

I use paint on lots of things. The cheap stuff works as good as the pricier brands at scrapbook store s. I teach high school art, so we experiment with lots of different things.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to cidscraps

• cidscraps Said:
I use it alot for painting chipboard and altered items...I use the MM cuz I guess I assumed it was acid free...but maybe it isn't or maybe all acrylic paint is acid free...hhhmmmmm, now I am wondering.....

According to CK media, all acrylic paint is acid free

I use paint a lot! you can paint chipboard, paint on acrylic pieces, flowers, paper, anything, LOL

I like to use it to stamp as well, and you can use it to edge photos because when it dries it won't smear like many inks do.

You can use it with stencils, templates, masks, the uses are pretty much endless!

mrsmiller
Governor
mrsmiller
In response to Here Kitty

I like to print my journaling or title on a transparency and then paint behind it. It is a really cool effect!

~*~Kathie~*~
Diva
~*~Kathie~*~
In response to dwelch

Darla, here is a layout I made this weekend. The chipboard letters were all different colors and some had patterns or flowers on them. I wanted them black so I painted them. Then I got out a little dab of green.

He'z A Star! By ~*~Kathie~*~

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to ~*~Kathie~*~

Paint is awesome! It is a really cost effective way to alter stuff. I also use it to cover items that would be a pain to cover with paper, like the edges of shaped chipboard albums. I wasn't very into it at first but as time has gone on I turn to it to solve lots of problems. like the ones some of the ladies already described above. Making Memories paint is my favortie because it goes on thick and dries quickly. Other paints need multiple coats or they have a shiny finish which I am not fond of. hth
Products Referenced in This Post:

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to Jennifer Priest

I use Apple Barrel paints from PLAID. They are around 44 cents at Walmart. I love to crackle paint with them!

Once a queen..
By Byondbzr

Mama2Thomas
Pro
Mama2Thomas
In response to byondbzr

I love acrylic paints. Although I get lazy sometimes (have to drag it out, mix the colors, paint, wait for it to dry, and clean up) I always end up being glad I went through the trouble to use it. I use it mainly to paint raw chipboards to get the exact colors I need to match another part of my LO. In the beginning I had a really hard time matching but I've found the color wheel to be quite useful.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Mama2Thomas

Wow, thanks everyone! I guess I'm going to have to try doing this.

craftysprinkles
Queen
craftysprinkles
In response to dwelch

Hi... I use acrylics for added detail when I do paper piecing. Here is a picture of half a layout, but I used acrylics on the fence, the words, the blue bucket, the trees, and some of the background bushes have it but it's probably not that noticeable.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics