Username Post: Organizing Photos        (Topic#1499393)
nessa9116
Veteran
nessa9116

So I just went through all of my photos from the past year, and chose a bunch to print. How does everyone store their photos before scrapbooking? I'm getting over 200 photos printed, and I doubt I will end up scrapbooking them all. But I still wanted to print them all so I could pick and choose which ones I wanted to use. I'm thinking putting them chronologically into a regular photo album, so I can still look through them without damaging them, and then taking the ones out to scrapbook 1 by 1. So when I am done I will have a regular photo album, and a scrapbook. Make sense?

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to nessa9116

it makes sense. I store my already printed photos in CM power sort boxes, which is an archival safe photo box and I'll take them out as I want to scrap them. As far as my digital photos are concerned...I only print what I'm going to scrap or do something else (like a wall collage) with.

luv2scrap:)
Guru
luv2scrap:)
In response to moxiegirl23

I scrap my favorites, put the ones that I don't feel like scrapping, but still want to be able to look at occasionally in a regular photo album, then put extras and doubles in photo boxes.

In the last year I discovered these page protectors that hold 4x6 photos & fit in your scrapbooks right along with your scrapped pages. I have been using these more, and more instead of regular photo albums, because then all of my pictures from the same event are stored together and I don't feel the pressure to scrap as many photos as I did before.

hodgepodge722
Veteran
hodgepodge722
In response to luv2scrap:)

i'm like you...i like to have my photos printed then have the freedom to look thru and choose whatever i want to scrap, when i want. i keep all my photos in photo storage boxes...pretty ones...chronologically sorted and labeled. this way, when i need a photo for something, i have it and can put my hands on it very quickly. i've also found that by keeping all these photos i actually scrap more creatively; i will take out an old picture and put it with a new picture to compare in a lo, or do a 'i remember when...' sort of lo.

Mulan05
Expert
Mulan05
In response to hodgepodge722

I just keep my photos in the envelope thingy they come in from the store where I print them... I guess maybe I should come up with a new system lol.

naf
naf 
Idol
naf
  • naf on 03-24-09 05:52 PM
In response to Mulan05

I use photo albums!!! to me is more simply and its easy to find the photo I want to scrap and the rest of the fotos are left in the photo album for my enjoy!!

Coolbunny
Veteran
Coolbunny
In response to naf

Hey,

I don't think I've ever printed 200 photos at a time (except for our wedding and honeymoon pics), usually I print off 20 - 30 (so they are sorta already in a theme).

I store my photos in those photo boxes. Before doing LOs, organizing them, I usually try to group them together (like all my friend photos of my birthday, than all my family photos, and then misc. photos, etc.).

Hope this helps.

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to Coolbunny

I have boxes and boxes of them. I have some stored in photo boxes but the rest fill about 6 shoebox style photo boxes.

One thing I have been doing lately is using Bazzill Lickety Slip pages in between my pages to hold extra pics.I have seen other people do this and it really helps. No reason to have photos in multiple places!

Since my extras started piling up I have been alot more choosy when getting prints. I usually get 1-4 photos from small events and 10-30 photos from larger events. I try to use all the extras in mini books or when I make multiple pages (like if I am making a page of the same event for each of my kids) so I don't have to worry about putting away extra pics.

HTH

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to Jennifer Priest

I store my photos in the large Creative Memories Photo Sorter. I use the small CM Photo Sorter for the layouts I'm currently working on and to take to crops.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics