Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Ribbon Storage        (Topic#1499401)
Kierston
New Kid On the Block
Kierston

Like most scrapbooker I'm in love wit ribbon and I have mounds and mounds of it. And now myjob (Joanns) is moving the store so all the ribbon is 70% off. And I need somewhere to but it all. And I've tried EVERYTHING!!!! and nothing has realy worked because it gets lose. So does anyone have any good ideas to keep it Neat and tidy.

Thanks

Kimberly29
Veteran
Kimberly29
In response to Kierston

you could try the ribbon ring system.. i have a couple photos in my gallery of it. i think is works pretty well almost all of the ribbon I own have been doubled up on and put through the ribbon ring holders. they don't slip are fall off anyway.

Jordannichole
Guru
Jordannichole
In response to Kimberly29

if you go to my blog (its in my siggy) in one of my posts it shows you how i made my own ribbon holder... out of recycled materials!

Mimmy96
Veteran
Mimmy96
In response to Jordannichole

I use Rain Gutters... I tried almost everything... found this and love it... look at my gallery and you can see it!

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to Jordannichole

Here is something I found on the internet, I used those sterilite containers from walmart.

url=http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/scrapro om/2041195.html][/url] Ribbon storage By CorrieW

I took a piece of thin cardboard from a paper pack and cut it into 2" strips and made the dividers from that. I made 2 x 3" cards from the same stuff to wrap the ribbon around and then I used those black silicone elastics to hold the ribbon. I love this because it is organized and I can see it.

Edited by CorrieW on 03-24-09 04:44 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen
In response to CorrieW

pyI have the ribbon bag becuase I buy most of my ribbon in lengths not or rolls and this way it's transportable too!

You have put the ribbon in a certain way and less than 2 feet per piece seems to work best.
Products Referenced in This Post:

caraboo
Expert
caraboo
In response to Scrapbook Queen

I use the Pull-EZ ribbon purse too. I really like it but I agree that you need to use it for shorter pieces of ribbon...I don't use it for more than three feet or so of ribbon. It works for me since I don't buy ribbon in large amounts.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Mimmy96

• Mimmy96 Said:
I use Rain Gutters... I tried almost everything... found this and love it... look at my gallery and you can see it!

LOVE your gutter idea! I'm going to have to borrow that when we build our next house!

I have mine in bins from Ross- they're supposed to be used for the shower I think? They're rectangular and have round holes all over the sides. I put a dowel (3 across actually) thru a hole, thread the spools on, and then thru the opposite side hole. If you want to keep the dowels in place, you can put a cotterpin over the end. I glued a round piece of wood over one end and just leave it pushed thru w/o the pin on it. Makes sense?

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to Seaexplore

I use this...

Sarah-Scraps
Mayor
Sarah-Scraps
In response to CraftyCandace

This is how I store my ribbon - obviously I don't have tons, but at least it's out where you can see it so it gets used.

Ribbon Storage
By Sarah-Scraps

Scatter
Guru
Scatter
In response to Sarah-Scraps

Lot's of great ideas, fwiw here's the way I store mine. Cheap and quick.
My Redneck Scraproom Ribbon Storage By Scatter

Sarah-Scraps
Mayor
Sarah-Scraps
In response to Scatter

Oh I like that - I have some spools that I don't know what to do with! Very pretty!

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to Sarah-Scraps

I have a pretty extensive collection and I have found one thing--there is not ONE way to store all the ribbon. So I have it stored three different ways. Ribbon on spools I have in drawers by color. If it is alot o ribbon on a spool I have it on a cafe rod above my scrapping table. If it is loose ribbon I have it tied onto binder rings, by color,which I have hung on anothhr curtain rod.

I have LOTS of pics in my gallery of my ribbon storage and the changes it has gone through since I joined this site. Then there is all the ribbon I use for classes...let's not go there! LOL

RobinsSpirit
Mayor
RobinsSpirit
In response to Kierston

• Kierston Said:
Like most scrapbooker I'm in love wit ribbon and I have mounds and mounds of it. And now myjob (Joanns) is moving the store so all the ribbon is 70% off. And I need somewhere to but it all. And I've tried EVERYTHING!!!! and nothing has realy worked because it gets lose. So does anyone have any good ideas to keep it Neat and tidy. Thanks

You can go in my gallery and check out what my hubby built for me to store all my ribbon spools! It is thin enuf to put on the back of your scrap room door, but I hung it on the wall where when the door opens it is behind it. I can move the dowels closer together and install more dowels to hold the even more ribbon I have bought. Just haven't found the time yet to do that! It works great for me. I have a yard stick near it and also hung a pair of scissors on a string to keep it there so when I need to snip off some the scissors and yard stick are handy!

identicaltriplets
Veteran
identicaltriplets
In response to RobinsSpirit

For many, many years I have used the Cropper Hopper embellishment boxes. I just recently even took everything off of the spools because spools take up SO much room! You can see the space I saved and my storage here. I love it, and as I have said, I have done it for years like this because it works so well!

ekip2
ekip2 
Expert
ekip2
  • ekip2 on 03-25-09 04:13 AM
In response to identicaltriplets

Just last night I started to put my ribbon on the ribbon rings that I bought here. I love it! My sb is small and storage space is at a premium...I don't have much vertical or wall space and I don't want to use the space I have for box like containers. The ribbon on the ring is a perfect solution for me! I can easily see what I have and so far its hanging off the post of my shelf unit...sorry no pix to share yet, maybe when I get done.

HTH - but I find for me that organization and storage is an ever changing and evolving process!

Andrea

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to ekip2

I absolutely love the ribbon ring system. I looked for a different way to display them and came up with this - it sits on my desk and takes very little room, but displays hundreds of ribbons on the rings. Yep, it's a free-standing toilet paper holder! You can see it unloaded on pg. 5 of my gallery.
Ribbon holder By Dwelch

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to dwelch

I think I'm going to use this way when I get my new house (in a billion years! )

http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

Mimmy96
Veteran
Mimmy96
In response to Seaexplore

I wasn;t sure how to post a picture of it before from my gallery, so here it is! I have I think about taking my ribbons off the spools...lol
[image] Rain Gutter Ribbon Holder! By Mimmy96[/image]

Rachel's mom
Veteran
Rachel's mom
In response to Mimmy96

I don't have a good ribbon storage suggestion...but I can tell you one thing...do not buy the Martha ribbon storage box. I wasted my money on it! First, it was crazy expensive for a box and a dowl rod. It doesn't hold a large number of spools, when you want to add a spool, you have to re-thread all of the other ribbon through the hole (which is no small feat believe it or not), and the larger spools of ribbon are too tall to fit in the box. I was really disappointed in my purchase!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics