Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: Time To Defend the Sizzix!!        (Topic#1499423)
JaymieLiz
Idol
JaymieLiz

I have been reading some entries here, and other sites and have seen so many people state that they were no longer using their sizzix machine since getting other "cutters", I felt so bad for the machines! I also found this so odd as I own other cutting machines, between myself & my design partner we have like 6 total & for some reason my favorite is the sizzix, I love them all and all serve a good purpose but I won't lie my fav is the sizzix. I did upgrade to the bigshot, and love it even more. I know it's "manual" but I can cut so much more with it compared to all else, at least all else I have, the original and bigz dies cut felt,fabric - various materials very smooth. I also love that the dies from the very beginning still cut like new, and believe you me I abuse mine... they take a beating - yet never do I have to replace them, unlike I find myself replacing blades a lot as the quality of the cut decreases with my other cutters, again I love those cutters but I don't use them for everything - they can't handle it like a bigz die can. But this is just my humble little opinion!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to JaymieLiz

I got a Wishblade last September and I love it (of course) but I do still use my sizzix (i have the original one)

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 03-24-09 04:26 PM
In response to JaymieLiz

I am still in love with my Kicks!! I use my Sidekick all the time. My Bigkick cuts the cookie cutter dies from QK, so I didn't even bother with the Revolution. I have and love my Silhouette, but I will never ever give up my Sizzix Kicks!!

JaymieLiz
Idol
JaymieLiz
In response to terrihooper

Oooh I agree the Wishblade is great - so useful too! Glad to here ya still give the sizzix usage too

GreenDragonLady
Expert
GreenDragonLady
In response to JaymieLiz

I have a Cricut but I use the Big Shot more!

JaymieLiz
Idol
JaymieLiz
In response to KimKV

Isn't the little guy great (sidekick)! It's the only cutter that is actually on my desk, so fast and easy! That + the mini xyron sticker maker = happy scrappin

shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi
In response to GreenDragonLady

I have a Wishblade and an Expression and still use and LOVE my BigKick. Especially for cutting thicker materials like chipboard or felt. I would NEVER get rid of my Sizzix:)

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 03-24-09 04:37 PM
In response to shopgirlaudi

Did you know that the Sidekick can cut the Cuttle Bug Dies??

mjmone
mjmone 
Idol
mjmone
In response to KimKV

I love my original Sizzex...using the adaptor and wafer, I can adjust to other brand dies and embossing folders.

just not ready to invest in a cutting machine...this does it for me...at least right now

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to mjmone

I have a Wishblade , expression and a bigshot! Love them all and use them all. I have been having a great time with the sizzix and my circle shapes. With them I can make the cutest lollipop flowers.

Also, I use some of the XXL dies to make gift bags! So cute...uses up those papers that I can't find a use for!

love By Homesclscrapper

Sizzix gift boxes By Homesclscrapper

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Nancy Keslin

LOVE all my sizzix machines! I have the original red dinosaur (2 in fact! bought the second on clearance!), sidekick, and big kickk. LOVE em! Would be lost w/o them. They're quick and easy to use, don't require sticky sheets to cut with, don't need new blades, can be used when the power's out (happens here a lot!), can cut any dies out there, and don't take up much space. Anything I've left out?

Only cons I see- cost of the dies and inability to scale the shapes as needed.

Resident
In response to Nancy Keslin

I love my sizzix I love the compatibility with using all dies.I love one machine for all those different style choices we have to pick from. I have the slice and the cricut I use them all the same.The cricut is grat when I visulize something I want and of course welding. The slice is fast and great for layering and the sizzix is the start of it all, and their style isn't overdone.

Cindy

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to craftycindy

I'm like Nancy. I've got a Big Shot, Sidekick, Expression and a Wishblade . I love how easy, fast and quiet the Sizzix machines are.

I also love punches. Still buy those and dies for my Sizzix.

I've got the room for all my toys so I don't have to get rid of my Sizzix.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 03-24-09 06:15 PM
In response to Vivian loves BLING

Wow... guess I am weird... I have a Sizzix and I am looking to get rid of it... it is NOT that I don't like it well enough or that it isn't easy... but I can't see spending money on new dies... I can buy a new big die (either on sale or 2nd hand) for say $5-6. I can get a new cart for the Cricut for 30.00 new - So I can buy 5 or 6 dies for the Sizzix that only cut in one size and direction... or I can get a whole cartridge... and I use my cricut the most for fonts... I can make them in MANY sizes... for 30.00... the Sizzix fonts are way outside my budget... even on sale!
So I guess for me it is an economical issue... what can I get for the same price.
I can say for sure that if I were to get 100.00 and was told I had to spend it on dies or cartridges, I would have new cartridges...

JMHO!

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to ScrappinPassion

I started with the Sizzix original red and love using it at home. Than when the Sizzix Sidekick came along, I bought that and love taking it to crops.

I have the personal Cricut it is my last choice to use. I prefer to conserve on electricity and I like the manual hands on feeling of scrapping.

Shannonmarie123
Pro
Shannonmarie123
In response to dotfree

my MIL as the original sizzix (the push down handle kind) and i find its really easy to use and it doesn't take any longer than the crank ones. you can still use everyone elses dies and embossing folders in it and they turn out great.

ekip2
ekip2 
Expert
ekip2
  • ekip2 on 03-24-09 07:13 PM
In response to Shannonmarie123

I love my big kick - my sidekick and my original red sizzix sit unused in the closet (should think about selling them). I use the big kick ALL the time - like on almost every layout. I also have the cricut and like it but sometimes the bigkick is easier..its easier to use the nestabilities label die since I already know the exact size. When I start using my Cricut I end up having to cut a sample to see if its the right size and then make adjustments and it takes up too much of my crafting time..but on the other hand I really like using the cricut when I don't have a die for the sizzix and I always cut titles w/the cricut...ok I'm rambling so I think I better go to bed...nite all!

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to ekip2

I love my Big Shot too!! I love the new dies they have been coming out with, like Hello Kitty, I love that it cuts felt and chipboard and any other stuff I would not risk cutting my other machines, and I love the new Stampin Up dies for it too. I recently started using the texture plates (embossing) and those ROCK too!

I have EVERY machine QuicKutz has ever put out (including both Silhouettes) and I still love my Sizzix. I did not care too much for the Sidekick so I sold it and all the dies (I have since bought a handful of dies to use with the adapter in the Big Shot). The Ellison Warehouse is about 1.5 hours from my house and they have a huge sale every fall where I stock up on dies at a good price. They also have a mega sale online that time too.

I try to get versatile shapes I can use for multiple things so the cost does not bother me. I mostly use it for flowers or flourishes anyways.

So here's to the Big Shot!
Thanks for starting this thread!!

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to Jennifer Priest

we have the Sizzix SideKick, CuttleBug/CuttleKids, ZipéMate and soon the Cricut. Out of those, the CuttleBug and SideKick run for a close no.1. The SideKick because its small and handy for the small projects and quick cut, and the CuttleBug because you can literally cut anything with it with the right dies. We use all Sizzix dies with the CuttleBug including embossing dies.(even those who are meant for manual pens).
I'm thinking of buying the big one for at home but not sure as I have the ZipéMate at home, just dont use it often atm.

JaymieLiz
Idol
JaymieLiz
In response to TheCharmedOne

Forgot another great bonus....I don't fear when children & teens use them! My nephew, 6 years old, after a few rounds of watching me, jumped right in and as long as you watch over them, it's all good! (never leave the little one in the scraproom alone....my paper massacre still hurts - ooohh!!)

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics