Page 2 of 3 
Username Post: Time To Defend the Sizzix!!        (Topic#1499423)
anthonysgirl
Governor
anthonysgirl
In response to JaymieLiz

i agree. i own the sidekick and love it, but i also own the silhouette. it's convienent (sp?) when you only need a few letters, flowers, or other dies. i love the silhouette too, but sometimes it doesn't make sense to cut out or use so much paper on something smaller!

D3inKs
D3inKs 
Idol
D3inKs
In response to anthonysgirl

I have the original Sizzix machine and still use it sometimes. But I have a Cuttlebug now and I can use all my Sizzix dies in it. My sizzlet dies would never work right in my big Sizzix but they work great in my Cuttlebug.

loves ranch life
Diva
loves ranch life
In response to D3inKs

I love all of my Sizzix products and will stick to them for quite awhile! Judy

JaymieLiz
Idol
JaymieLiz
In response to loves ranch life

Good Luv Ladies!!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to JaymieLiz

I have a Sizzix Sidekick and a Cuttlebug in addition to the Cricut. Because the Sidekick only takes the thin dies, I find myself more often reaching for the Cuttlebug and bigger Sizzix dies when I just don't have the right shape on a Cricut cartridge.

NoirCat
Guru
NoirCat
In response to JaymieLiz

My Original sizzix, the red one is still one of my most beloved tools. Not only does it work with every type of die I own (and I own practically every type made and a few that are no longer in business) it has ways done so. I use it on materials that no one had thought of when I got it. Wood veneer, shell veneer, cork, vinyl sheeting, stencil sheets, magnet sheets, sheets of aluminum, balsa wood, and the list goes on. It still works great. I even use it to smash the natural dyes out of flower petals to stain patterns on cardstock. While the electronic machines are great the sizzix still does the hardwork the others will not.

Edited by NoirCat on 03-29-09 12:29 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

JaymieLiz
Idol
JaymieLiz
In response to NoirCat

Right On! And some of the older dies are my favorite - very clean lines, perfect for all the other materials and wow do they actually hold their value - I have been trying to get either the yellow or red die ice cream cone, it's retired and that bad boy keeps going for like 30 to 40!!!! Used!!

Edited by JaymieLiz on 03-29-09 02:50 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to JaymieLiz

I use my old original red machine to smash down bottle caps. Yes, it voids the warranty.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Seaexplore

My warranty is way over.

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to Vivian loves BLING

Someone was just asking about how to smash bottle caps on a group I am on and without "Old Red" I don't know how else to do it?!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Jennifer Priest

I have both the BigShot and the Cricut. I love both of them. I bought the BigShot specifically so I could use their new 12" border dies. They're beautiful! I wouldn't trade either of them. They're just two completely different tools. A person would never think twice about having a CropADile and also having a Scraparatus or other hand-held eyelet setter. Sometimes you grab for one, sometimes you grab for the other.

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 03-30-09 06:29 AM
In response to dwelch

I use my Big SHot every time I scrap! I LOVE IT!!

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Jennifer Priest

• Jennifer Priest Said:
Someone was just asking about how to smash bottle caps on a group I am on and without "Old Red" I don't know how else to do it?!

"old red" is the only way- I put a few layers of cardboard under it, pushed down a bit and got it started inward and then mashed it the rest of the way. DH suggested turning it face down and banging on it with a hammer. I dunno- seems so much more difficult (and NOISY!)

Oh yeah- my warranty is WAY over!

JaymieLiz
Idol
JaymieLiz
In response to Seaexplore

That is a very good idea w/the bottle caps, and while the hammer idea may have logic to it, good ol' red will do it evenly with perfect pressure, can't say the same for swingin' a hammer - great idea w/the bottle caps - thanks for sharing it!

Debbie_047
New Kid On the Block
Debbie_047
In response to JaymieLiz

I have a Sizzix Big Shot and a Cricut Expressions. My spouse works graveyards and prefers that I use my Sizzix during the day when I do most of my work and my Cricut when he is not sleeping! The Sizzix is quiter than the Cricut and I agree, the Cricut doesn't chirp it hollers!
I love them both and I use them both for different reasons! Keep your Sizzix's they are for things that the Cricut and other machines can't do! P.S. If you use the Sizzix for stamping, the ink is cheaper for it than it is for the "Crayon coloring of a Cricut!" Deb. D.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Debbie_047

I use both Sizzix and Cricuit. Love em both! I love all of the new Sizzix dies that have been released.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to Anna C

I have a sizzix & cricut...I use both all the time and have no intention of stopping!!!! I also have a lot of hand punches...every tool has a use in my scraproom!

JaymieLiz
Idol
JaymieLiz
In response to Anna C

• Quote:
I use both Sizzix and Cricuit. Love em both! I love all of the new Sizzix dies that have been released.

I know!! They have been releasing some really neat stuff, those clear Bigz look, uh... wonderful and those new frames, I managed to snag a couple on you know where.... cut a few of them in fabric & felt and oooohhhh- my!!

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to JaymieLiz

Okay, so I bought the original one years ago and hardly ever use it. But I would like to start using it again and see that you can use if or other brands embossing dies. How do I use it with all the different brands? Is there a video sight that talks about all the different uses for the old fashioned, red original?

JaymieLiz
Idol
JaymieLiz
In response to Scrapingbliss

I know the original is comp with some of them, like the ones in the video, hope this helps! http://www.scrapbook.com/videos/471.html

Page 2 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics