Page 3 of 3 
Username Post: Time To Defend the Sizzix!!        (Topic#1499423)
lil-star
Expert
lil-star
In response to JaymieLiz

I have the lil guy but find it so hard to get nice cutters. I only have 3 lol but he is handy!!

Fargomutt
Expert
Fargomutt
In response to lil-star

we are alphabet junkies. We have 10 of the sizzix alphabets with about 30-40 individuals dies - mostly leaves and general items. I like to use the sizzix alphas with smaller albums and other crafts.

Now on the other hand, we have 12 alphabets for the Cricut with 4 more on the way. I cant remember how many "other" cartridges we have - i would guess to say about 20 with 2 more on the way.

My BFF just purhcased the Expressions with a great deal on cartridges and a bonus package! It should arrive in the mail by Thursday/Friday. We are planning a 12-hour crop on Monday!!!
-nc

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to Fargomutt

Okay, so you convinced me! When I was at J's today they had their Sizzix dies 40% off and they had some marked on clearance for 5.97 so I bought some more. You're right...it is a good little machine!

JaymieLiz
Idol
JaymieLiz
In response to Scrapingbliss

Yay!!!! Which ones did you get? If you get a chance, pick up some felt, the originals cut felt too!!

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to JaymieLiz

They cut felt shapes too? And I just found out the cuttlebug embossing plates works as well as the spellbinders...

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss

Oh, I got a heart with wings and a one with 2 types of leaves on it.

JaymieLiz
Idol
JaymieLiz

• Quote:
They cut felt shapes too? And I just found out the cuttlebug embossing plates works as well as the spellbinders...

Yep! I only use felt in the originals only though, I would not use it with a sizzlit.... ever again, it was a mess so if I can save anyone the tragedy of that experiment I will!! I use my originals to make felt flowers all the time, and they are great, I usually cut a piece of cardstock of a similar color to back it with, makes the looser woven felt just firmer and easier to work on your page. You can also cut fabric with them, depending on the fabric you may want to back it with cardstock - I even use iron on transfer to seal the fringy fabric. And oh yeah, I have been eyeing the spellbinders - the nestabilities line is just so amazing looking - to cut and emboss, and then be able to color or shade while it's holding sturdy in the die - I may be in trouble!

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to JaymieLiz

I haven't gotten into the spellbinders/nestabilitie s yet. I keep eyeing them but I don't know what I'd ever use them for. I know- LAME on my part!

I love my sizzlits- I've been able to cut SOME chipboard, SOME felt, SOME vinyl but not much! I need to go to J's and see what they've got on sale. Not that I NEED anything.

Daniela37
New Kid On the Block
Daniela37
In response to JaymieLiz

hi I am new on this.
I have a big problem with the big shot Express, this is my first machine, how make the sandwich to use nestabilites die?
can you help me?
thanks a lot.

MelanieS
Guru
MelanieS
In response to JaymieLiz

Nope. Haven't given up my original Sizzix even though I now have other die cutters. The original Sizzix dies cut felt, chipboard, lots of stuff other dies don't.

JaymieLiz
Idol
JaymieLiz
In response to Daniela37

• Quote:
hi I am new on this.
I have a big problem with the big shot Express, this is my first machine, how make the sandwich to use nestabilites die?
can you help me?
thanks a lot.

Hi and welcome, you will love it here - so much to do and see, and everyone is very nice and helpful! Here is a video link that will help you with the sandwich prob, it covers those dies, don't worry when you see it starts with other cutters - the bigkick is last and is pretty much the same concept as the big shot with how you make the "sandwich" so it will show you a great example to use! Hope it helps!

http://www.scrapbook.com/myvideos/332483/fav/4 71.html

Page 3 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics