Username Post: Help with Circle Shape        (Topic#1499515)
Brenshevia
Idol
Brenshevia

Hello all,

Can someone please help with me with some advice on how to make a circle and or oval shap for my layouts? Can this be done on the Cricut Expression or any of the Cricut machines or do I have to manual cut the shape using a template?

Thanks.

ScrappE
Diva
ScrappE
In response to Brenshevia

I think my George cartridge for the Cricut has a circle... that one or the Printing 101 since those are the only two I have. I also have creative memories circle and oval templates, which work out great.

KandyRane
Expert
KandyRane
In response to ScrappE

i use the cricut !i use it for everything....the storybook cart has the design that people use as large backers. Check in my gallery under the stinkers LO. the storybook cart has that large shape. I reccomend it, it wull save you on buting all those cutout papers!

Brenshevia
Idol
Brenshevia
In response to KandyRane

Thanks ladies. I just bought the Expression so I only have the Plantin cart that came with it. I guess I will need to invest in more cartridges but those things are costly! LOL.

Also, for the cartridges with the circle shapes are we able to make them multiple sizes on the cricut?

KandyRane
Expert
KandyRane

yup...you will love the expressions. I agree the carts are expensive. Overall the cricut is the best value for your dollar since you can cut in so many sizes! I would reccomend that you buy your carts when they are on sale at Michaels or Joanns. About 3 weeks ago at Joanns they were on saly for 38.88 and Michaels had then for close to the same the following week. Joanns is great because they let you pay for them and they special order them at that price if you go in during the sale. This was great because they basically sold out the first day>
Really look for sales!

Mix-on the Memories
Diva
Mix-on the Memories

Everything with a Cricut can be made in multiple sizes, LOL.

Yes, you can cut in multiple sizes with all carts. I also only buy my carts on sale around $39.00 to $49.00.

Brenshevia
Idol
Brenshevia
In response to KandyRane

I just found out yesterday that we have a Joann's here, its a little far from where I live but I guess I should check it out. I usually go to Michaels and HobbyLobby. Also, I found this website online with what I deem as reasonably priced cricut carts and wanted to share it with all of you.
:-)
http://www.hallmarkscrapbook.com/

Brenshevia
Idol
Brenshevia
In response to Mix-on the Memories

Thanks, I am so new at this entire Cricut thing but I want to learn all of it and I want to use it and get my money's worth out of it......lol. I am the only person I know that scrapbooks so I am depending on the nice people on this website to help me out

Mrs. Tristan
Queen
Mrs. Tristan

circleI don't use the cricut for this (unless it's small circles)

i use the items below.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8

Foxe, just to let you know - we're not supposed to post links to other sites. Many people don't realize this so I just wanted to pass this info on.

Welcome to sb.com !

Brenshevia
Idol
Brenshevia
In response to johnsusan8

Oh okay, sorry about that, I didnt know that :-)

Brenshevia
Idol
Brenshevia
In response to Mrs. Tristan

I thought about getting the Cuttlebug, is that the same thing as the Cuttlebee and would it be worth it?

Brenshevia
Idol
Brenshevia
In response to Mrs. Tristan

Thanks Ms. Tristan, I watched the video that your post was linked to and I may just go and invest in the curvy cutter.

ScrapHappyStArLIGhT
Expert
ScrapHappyStArLIGhT

I use the CM cutting system for circles as well. For really small circles (2" or less) I use punches. You can also get an exacto knife and use plates, bowls, cups, etc to cut around to get your circle!

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean

For circles, I just the Curvy Cutter or my Pazzles Inspiration.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to traceyjean

• traceyjean Said:
For circles, I just the Curvy Cutter or my Pazzles Inspiration.

I like the EK as well to cut circles when not using the Cricut- works great.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram

• foxebrown Said:
Thanks, I am so new at this entire Cricut thing but I want to learn all of it and I want to use it and get my money's worth out of it......lol. I am the only person I know that scrapbooks so I am depending on the nice people on this website to help me out

we are all here to help, any time you need help.. just ask- someone here will know the answer! This is an awesome site.
Left you a message on your My Place pg!

Meak72
Meak72 
Mayor
Meak72
In response to ChansGram

You know what? I always use a bowl or cup, depending on the size circle I want. I trace it on the back of my paper, then cut it out with my scissors. It's not exactly perfect, but the flaws are so small I don't even notice them.

BlingPrincessMarci
Diva
BlingPrincessMarci
In response to Meak72

i JUST used the shape tool in microsoft word.. then used a razor to cut the inside

but i also have the coluzzle tool that ive used for circles

wimpygirl
Veteran
wimpygirl

Take another look aat your Plantin schoolbook cart. It has circle and oval, also rectangle. Once you play around on some paper you dont care for, you can find all sorts of things that cart. can do. Welcome to sb.com [

quote=foxebrown]Thanks ladies. I just bought the Expression so I only have the Plantin cart that came with it. I guess I will need to invest in more cartridges but those things are costly! LOL.

Also, for the cartridges with the circle shapes are we able to make them multiple sizes on the cricut?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics