Username Post: Your favorite inks& chalks        (Topic#1499761)
chris_tam
Diva
chris_tam

Hi

So I am getting ready to purchase some inks and or chalks for my lo's for the first time. I want to use them to out line and highlight titles and photo's and mats. Which ones are your favorites that you could recommend to me.

thanks in advance for your help girls!!!

Tenant
In response to chris_tam

I really like Distress Inks by Ranger (Tim Holtz's product). I also you ColorBox alot because they are small they are easy to get into small places.

As for chalks, I don't really use them but I do have some ColorBox chalks and I've also used old eye shadows on some of my projects.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to ariel21

These are the chalks I use, and I totally love them. They come with the applicator tool, and little puffs to apply the chalk. Very easy to use, and they show up really well.

For ink... I'm another Tim Holtz Distress ink devotee. It rocks! The only time I use any other ink is using Staz-on for Acrylic or shiny surfaces.

JaymieLiz
Idol
JaymieLiz
In response to chris_tam

Most Def these for your pupose, no extra tools needed, smooth right to pp - great! I just started a topic about these! They are perfect for matting touch ups and highlighting - great colors too! Tim Holtz has a distress line of pads that also rocks, and is good for right to pp - and excellent for larger projects - I linked a good chunk for you to see - they are all great!
Products Referenced in This Post:

naf
naf 
Idol
naf
  • naf on 03-27-09 01:59 PM
In response to chris_tam

For distressing borders and photos I love Tim Holtz I use cotton balls to apply it on the pp and pics. For stamps VersaMark J's and M's sells them!!!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to naf

for ink...Stampin' Up

Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen
In response to Rosita

I liek both Time Hotlz Distress inks for certain stuff and stmapin' up inks for others. Stampin' Up chalks are awesome-they don't smudge!!!

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Scrapbook Queen

Pebbles Chalks and Colorbox Inks here!

Edited by GTGW on 03-27-09 03:20 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to Just G

For a more defined line I love these chalk pencils. I use them to color in stamped images and they blend really well.

General's Chalk Pencils - Assorted Colors

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to olleharr

I use Stampin' Up inks and chalks.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to chris_tam

I, too, use the Pebbles I'kandee chalks! They are great colors and so many...shimmers, jewel tones, earth tones, pastel & basic. I have all 5 sets and have used all 5 sets! Like was mentioned before, they have the applicator tool with 3 balls for each chalk. I've also used cotton balls and Q-tips to apply.

For inks, I have on my wish list the Tsukineko inks...I've read really good reviews about them!

mariposa326
Diva
mariposa326
In response to StarsNSparkles

I've become addicted to the Tim Holtz Distress Inks... I even created a blog on here listing which colors are available and how many I have to help keep track of which ones I still HAVE to get!! hehe

Patti Sylvia
Diva
Patti Sylvia
In response to mariposa326

I love Tim Holtz distress inks and Colorbox fluid chalks and Stazon for stamping.....it just depends on what I'm using it for.

chris_tam
Diva
chris_tam
In response to Patti Sylvia

Great suggestions ladies!! I really appreciate it! I think I am going to pick my favorite colors out of the main ones suggested here and try them all!

RhondaR
Idol
RhondaR
In response to chris_tam

For edges and definition I LOVE the Colorbox chalk inks...They are awesome
For other things I use different inks and chalks

andtyler
Guru
andtyler
In response to RhondaR

I like the chalk cats eye and distress inks the best. But this weekend I was at a crop with a lady who had a set of memories direct inks (from the Q) and they were the cutest most compact easy to use inks that I have seen. I want a set.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics