Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: What paper cutter would you buy?        (Topic#1499825)
New Kid On the Block

If you already had all sizes of rotary mats and a new We R Memories magnetic cutting mat with circle and straight cutters, what type of additional paper cutter would you recommend to a beginner?

scrapyourlifeart
Resident
scrapyourlifeart
In response to Donatella50

Hi! I started out with a Fiskars paper trimmer, but recently purchased the Making Memories 12 x 12 trimmer. It is a bit cumbersome to take to crops, so I will take my Fiskars one instead. The MM trimmer is great since there are measurements on the surface and is self-sharpening (no replacement blades). I also broke down and bought a Stampin Up circle cutter ~ which is exactly the same thing as the Ek Success one in the products mentioned.

Hope this helps!

naf
naf 
Idol
naf
  • naf on 03-28-09 10:46 AM
In response to scrapyourlifeart

I think that you already have what you need with the one you have. I have the one you have, plus the friskars and the Ek Success Cutter Bee Circle scissonr and I regret I bought the last one, really I dont like it!!! And you need a good pair of scissors I love my friskars and the cuttlebee:

And WELCOME to the neighborhood!!

New Kid On the Block
In response to naf

Thank you both for your replies. I really appreciate it. I already had my eye on the Making Memories because it folds up for storage. I appreciate the validation. And since Michael's just sent out a 50% off coupon to its mailing list, how can I refuse! I am new, but I am enthusiastic.

cat_woman
Expert
cat_woman

I used a provo craft cutter for a couple years and its ok with a new blade, but I just got the Making Memories one. I love love love this cutter. Nice clean cut edges every time.

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to cat_woman

Thank you for the info, I was thinking about getting a new trimmer. The Making Memories looks like the one I will get, since I have a 50% Michael coupon.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to dotfree

sigh,,,,i want the MM trimmer, but for the life of me I can not get them to send me 50% off Coupons ,,,,

ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

I can order the trimmer online on Evilbay for 19.99 plus 12.50 s and h but I'd RATHER go to a brick and mortar store and just BUY the dang thing,,,,

sigh, here's hoping my neighbor (who NEVER SHOPS THERE) gets her coupon and gives it to me,,,,,which is how I get a coupon every now and again,,,,go figure,,,

I also have a cutterbee trimmer, which I love for it's fancy cutting shuttles, but not for it's every day cutting!!!

Holly

jazzescrapper
Governor
jazzescrapper
In response to CommaHolly

I have been a scrapbooker for 13 years and I myself don't like the big bulky trimmers just because of the space they take up and the bulk. I really love the portable Fiskar trimmer the one that has all the different measurements on them . I got mine from Stampin Up but I know Michaels has the same kind. I have had every trimmer out there and this one totally rocks for pages and cards and photo matts.

New Kid On the Block

I bought the Making Memories and have been using it all day. I absolutely love it. It sure beats a rotary cutter and mat for accuracy and the oops factor. Thank you to all for the input.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Now you've got me wanting one Donnatella Holly

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg

I started out with the little Fiskars 12 inch one and used it for about 6 years and then it started not cutting straight. So, my DH got me the Fiskars rotary trimmer and I've been using that since 2004. I love that trimmer and all of it's deco blades.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore

• holly1965 Said:
sigh,,,,i want the MM trimmer, but for the life of me I can not get them to send me 50% off Coupons ,,,,

ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

I can order the trimmer online on Evilbay for 19.99 plus 12.50 s and h but I'd RATHER go to a brick and mortar store and just BUY the dang thing,,,,

sigh, here's hoping my neighbor (who NEVER SHOPS THERE) gets her coupon and gives it to me,,,,,which is how I get a coupon every now and again,,,,go figure,,,

I also have a cutterbee trimmer, which I love for it's fancy cutting shuttles, but not for it's every day cutting!!!

Holly

Hey Holly- pm me your email addy and I'll send my email along w/the 50% in it! It's good thru this coming weekend.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Seaexplore

Sea, thankyou so much, but someone else beat you to the offer It was so sweet of you to offer though Hugggggggggs thanks You guys on here are the BEST

Holly

dotfree
Guru
dotfree

Went to my Michaels with a 50% coupon yesterday and they didn't have the MM, I'm so disappointed. . Even went to JoAnn and they didn't have it either.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to dotfree

• dotfree Said:
Went to my Michaels with a 50% coupon yesterday and they didn't have the MM, I'm so disappointed. . Even went to JoAnn and they didn't have it either.

THAT is what I am worried about,,,,

I know Joann will order any item for you,,,,but I don't believe Joann carries the MM,,,,I am not certain if Michael's will order an item for you, although I know they CARRY the MM,,,just know they run OUT alot because it's a popular item,,,also, even if they order it, by the time they get it in, will your coupon even be VALID,,,,of course, you'll probably have another coupon,,,maybe,,,,but it MIGHT be 40% instead of 50%,,,

I have 2 within driving distance,,,,,If I have to I'll go to both of them,,,,,

hopefully they'll have one,,,I'm also considering calling first,,,,,

Holly

Edited by holly1965 on 03-31-09 08:56 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

dotfree
Guru
dotfree

Did you find a 50% coupon?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to dotfree

yes I did, Dot, thankyou LOL,,,,,and my car got completely TOTALLED tonight, so Lord only knows if I'll be ABLE to go shopping this weekend,,,,,I need to buy a new car But I'm surely going to try after FINALLY getting a 50% coupon!!!!!

dotfree
Guru
dotfree

Sorry to hear about your car, I hope no one was seriously hurt.
Good luck in your car shopping.

Join the M email list to get the weekly flyer and the Coupons .

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to dotfree

no, thank goodness,,,,no one was hurt,,,,DS was sore for a day or three, but if you saw the car, frankly, its a miracle he wasn't injured,,,,thank goodness for seatbelts,,,

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW

Sorry to hear abount your car Holly. Joannes does carry the MM trimmer its on their site so if they can't order it for you then you can always order it from their online store and find a free shipping code and a 40% coupon (just google joanns Coupons and they will come up). I want to say I have had 5 trimmers and I finally got the MM one and I love it. It cuts so nicely, now i have to figure out what to do with my extra's.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics