Username Post: Paper Piercing        (Topic#1499963)
scrappin-bb
Expert
scrappin-bb

HELP!!! I am new here and not sure what I am doing. I've never started a forum subject before so bear with me. I want to learn how to do Paper Piercing. I want to do flourishes and corner decorations to accent my cards and LO. I have never done any piercing so start basic. One question I have is where do you get your patterns for such things? Please give me any help you may have. Thanks a million, Brenda

Pawz94
Pawz94 
Veteran
Pawz94
In response to scrappin-bb

Sorry, I don't know anything about what you're talking about. I just wanted to say hi and welcome!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty

Here are some stitching templates
Products Referenced in This Post:

hawgmn1
Idol
hawgmn1
In response to Here Kitty

Google paper piecing patterns and you can find all kinds of different ones. I have also used pages out of coloring books to use as a template to make my own.

scrappin-nae
Veteran
scrappin-nae
In response to hawgmn1

great idea, tfs

scrappin-bb
Expert
scrappin-bb
In response to Here Kitty

Thanks....That is a huge help. I kept looking under paper piercing and wasn't having much luck. I see I should be looking under stitching. Wonderful, I can hardly wait to get some and try them out.

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to scrappin-nae

the scrapbooks ect site has downloadable patterns that could help you start out. Welcome to sb.com !

Brandilynn
Expert
Brandilynn
In response to Scrappin Kitty

I use anything mostly clipart to make my own really easy with cricut and scal

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to Brandilynn

Great information everyone is sharing but hopefully people reading will not be confused. There is a difference between paper PIECING and paper PIERCING. This particular person is looking for the second one. It involves piercing many little holes in paper in order to make a design.

While I think some of the ladies trying to help were confused, you CAN actually use any line drawing as a guide to pierce your holes. If you're not good at spacing evenly yourself, print the design on engineering graph paper and then punch at the line intersections. I don't use templates for much of anything so I can't really help with specifics there. The way I normally do it is to draw my design with vanishing ink and then pierce away.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to disneylisa

Gotta try that!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to RockStar

You may also want to use the Crafter's Workshop templates for flourishes and other designs. You can use the vanishing ink idea or just evenly space your piercing along the designs. I just got some of these, along with some Bazzill in Stitch'z templates, and thought myself to cross-use them.

scrappin-bb
Expert
scrappin-bb
In response to StarsNSparkles

Thanks to everybody for all the wonderful ideas and helpful tips. I'm ready to give it a whirl now. If anybody else has any suggestions please feel free to leave it here, I will still be checking in to see what you have to say. I just love this site and all you wonderful friendly people. Thanks a million!

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa

Happened to stumble across a site that has some templates on sale, which is nice because they aren't cheap. Due to board rules I can't tell you the website but if you do a search for "ornare piercing templates" you might find them. They are also sometimes named "pricking" templates.

hawgmn1
Idol
hawgmn1
In response to disneylisa

Oh boy did I ever read the question wrong, ok forget my first posting. I'm no help with this as I have only used my sewing machine on my LO's and have yet to try any of the other paper piercing templates.

scrappin-bb
Expert
scrappin-bb
In response to hawgmn1

Thanks for all your tips....i found a few templates that i am going to start with. I'm sure that will lead to more....LOL! I'll keep you posted as to how it all works out. Hugs to all, Brenda

krazy4kardz
Governor
krazy4kardz

oh, I love paper piercing....it is also sometimes referred to as "Ornare" , I check books out of my local library for ideas & patterns, hope this helps!
Darci

ScrappE
Diva
ScrappE
In response to krazy4kardz

Thank you for the other name of paper piercing. I had no idea and it helped in my hunt! I am trying to find some neat ones with music notes on it if anyone runs across one. Thanks!

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to ScrappE

I have most of the Ornare template and book with additional designs. They definately are pricey but you can get their book of designs and copy them and then pierce through your paper. They are awesome and I have used both the paper and them templates. Paper is by far more forgiving should your template slide from the original taped area.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics