Username Post: just curious        (Topic#1500619)
Marilee55
Idol
Marilee55

I see all the cute little layouts with the butterflies on them.

Where does everyone get them from? I have looked and looked and can't find any as cute as on these pages.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Marilee55

can you post examples of the ones you're looking for? There are a LOT of butterflies available
There are punches people use, stamps, some use cutting machines, and of course you can buy them as well.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Marilee55
Idol
Marilee55
In response to Here Kitty

Thanks for all the links.

I really didn't have one layout to reference. There are so many that I see and like.
I have a butterfly design on my Silhouette, guess I could start from there.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Marilee55

so link one or two that you like,,,it would give us someplace to START to tell you But probably they are from more than one source

imagine.lilacs
Queen
imagine.lilacs
In response to CommaHolly

I have butterly chippie from Scenic Route . I have used the actual butterfly pieces already, but I saved the leftover square to use as a template. I can make those same shapes out of any paper I want!

Fold the wings up ever so slightly after you glue down the body, and you have butterfly in flight.

Use double sided paper for color on both sides.

Stamp an image of a butterfly, color it, and then cut it out. Voila!

Have fun!

GrandmaRocket
Tenant
GrandmaRocket
In response to imagine.lilacs

And use you stickles on them! Makes them look like beautiful jewels, just a few dots on the wings!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to GrandmaRocket

or you can use Diamond Glaze and a tiny bit of super fine glitter,,,

comes in many colors and I really like the white,,,,it looks like fairy dust

colleenak
Diva
colleenak

Great ideas ladies! Especially since I just punched a bunch of butterflies out last night. I'm going to be adding them to the flowers I have been making lately. I hate to admit it, but I bought the butterfly punch from "that lady,MS". Works great and it doesn't hurt my hand very much. I have all the stamps too so I'll be doing those as well. Just start with what you have and then you will soon find out what you like and don't like.

Marilee55
Idol
Marilee55
In response to colleenak

Thanks for all the help. I went into the quikutz site for a new die cut. I have a silhouette. Well they have downloaded a bunch of designs that I did not have before, and some of them are butterflies.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Marilee55

make sure you're looking for FREE GSD files too, I have seen a few butterfly files around. I've never paid for a gsd file, I have always been able to find what I want for free!

tufano79
Idol
tufano79

• Here Kitty Said:
can you post examples of the ones you're looking for? There are a LOT of butterflies available
There are punches people use, stamps, some use cutting machines, and of course you can buy them as well.

That's a lot of butterflies

Hugs, Josie

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

• Here Kitty Said:
make sure you're looking for FREE GSD files too, I have seen a few butterfly files around. I've never paid for a gsd file, I have always been able to find what I want for free!

Amy what is a GSD file??

JennAboo
Expert
JennAboo

I have bought most of the bflies I use at HL. I also cut them out of other pps. Adding stickles and gliter adds a nice touch. If you have a fetish like out family for them, your best bet is to do what you are doing w/the die cuts. I use my CE alot for them but I buy most from craft dept everywhere. My nieces lots there dad 2 yrs ago and thier song from him to them was Butterfly Kisses so I have to buy any I see.

bettylou1
Mayor
bettylou1
In response to Marilee55

MARILEE I JUST PM'ED YOU A SITE THAT HAS FREE GSD FILES AND THEY HAVE ALOT OF CUTE FILES TO DOWNLOAD!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to bettylou1

ohhhhh I think a gsd file is for the computer die cut machines,,,,,right??

springbreeze
Veteran
springbreeze

My cricut has a lot of cuts for butterflies.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty

• CommaHolly Said:
ohhhhh I think a gsd file is for the computer die cut machines,,,,,right??

yep, GSD files are what the Wishblade , Silhouette, and craft Robo use

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV

Butterflies are everywhere these days! The two products below I have used on some LOs. The BG Ambrosia paper pack has 2 sheets in it with all butteflies on it. The colors are really eye-catching.
I also agree with Here Kitty, there are a ton of .gsd files all over for the Silhoutte or Wishblade machines. I have found several I like.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to ScrapperV

I just did a layout using a big sparkly butterfly I found at Michaels in the Dollar section. It had a clip on the back, that I removed, trimmed the foam body a little, and attached it matching brads and lots of Glue Dots .

Although there are lots of butterfly embellishments for scrapbooking, think outside the scrapbook section...
Check the sewing section for appliques.
I just bought a package of feather butterflies from the Dollar Tree that were with the fake flowers & crafts.

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to Marilee55

If you're interested in a punch, Fiskars has a cute one here in the superstore.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics