Page 833 of 833 
Username Post: WTTS (Will Travel To Scrap!) Girls! (Closed Group)        (Topic#1500653)
LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to AllAmy

Oh yeah, I forgot Nina is taking a drawing class on Fridays, right after school, at the school. And we are starting training classes with Brody on Friday evenings (but that's our whole family).

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to LesleyC

reading along

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio
In response to AllAmy

I think the biggest problem isn't going to be getting to the games, it will be getting the ONLY jersey for both teams cleaned 4-5 times a week. That thing was in bad shape after Fall and Indoor seasons and now it's going through 2 teams this season. It's never gonna make it. Plus my super duper washer/dryer combo takes 4 stinkin' hours to wash/dry a load. If I don't remember to get it in right after we get home or first thing in the morning, it's not done in time for the games that we have to leave for right after school.

I also got to have lunch at school with him today. I spent his recess watching him play soccer of course...lol I did have a good talk with both his gym teachers who both want him to start a track or cross country program as well. They have been doing some research for me/him and have found a couple programs during the summer. One of his teachers liked one program so much he's going to start coaching with them in the summer. But Thankfully, other than a few soccer footskills camps, we don't have much going on in the summer. He said Ian may even be old enough to start in that program as well if I wanted to have something for him to do.

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio
In response to mindyradio

Eilleen, I did see that on the news. With that big ole tattoo on his face he should be easier to find than some other suspects. OH, and yes, the real odd balls seem to come out of the woodwork whenever the news crews come to town. It's getting really bad here. Early this month we had 4 shootings in 2 days. No one died, and they were all related to each other apparently and all have been taken into custody already. The shooter that did the most damage was a 16 year boy. People are going cuckoo.

cveira
cveira 
Queen
cveira

I'm tired just reading about all those activities.
I'm so over that!
Hope all is well with everyone. I'm busy and tired. I had a trip scheduled to Aruba next week but that got postponed. I will be going instead to Montego Bay again, most of the week.
Stay safe, talk soon.

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.
In response to cveira

Morning ladies, reading along.

It's been raining non-stop here since the weekend and it' been giving me bad headaches. I was hoping to get some scrapping done yesterday but all I did was take meds and sit on the couch. I feel better today but it's still raining. I need the sun!!

Mindy, Anitra participated in a lot of activities growing up but never did any sports that young. We always told her she could do whatever our time and money allowed (plus her school work/grades came first), lucky for us she didn't stick to anything she tried in elementary school except for playing the flute. She played from 5 grade until 11th grade. Now HS was a whole different story, she was in tons of things but by then she was awesome with her time management and grades...being able to drive helped too. For you the real trouble is going to be when Ian gets older and wants to participate in things too...I hope they want to do the same things or you might need a clone

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to Tena E.

Yes they did catch the monster sleeping on a beach in Florida. He's back in NC -- he had to be dragged out of court today at his first hearing. What a nightmare for my little town.

So proud of Brendan -- he was inducted in the Cum Laude Society yesterday. He really works hard and glad it's being noticed. He told me yesterday that the teachers have officially stopped introducing new material -they are now reviewing for AP tests. Wow I can't believe he's almost done with HS. He is taking 6 AP classes -- the next few weeks will be he!! for him.

Brian will be home in 2 weeks -- sophomore in college soon. Wow

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio
In response to ncyankee

Oh Tena, we won't be doing 2 teams in one season again. Especially not when Ian starts activities. But now that Ryan is on first shift and can help me most nights that will help a ton. I guess this week just seems overwhelming because everything was cancelled last week and we have make-up stuff. I just gotta get in the groove of things. But he did have 2 goals tonight with the B team and some amazing saves and plays for the A team last night. So at least he's gotten off to a good start.

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

Yay, Connor!

I can tell you that if I had more than one child, Nina wouldn't be in half the activities she's in.

Saw my first snake today. You know, you're never really prepared for that.

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to LesleyC

Wait until you see the first snake in the house! Nobody's got time for that!

This weekend is going to kill me. We went to a beer festival yesterday. today we are heading to a fundraiser for dogs at a bar with 7 bands. Kevin has made it clear - he's up for maybe one band -- max! LOL. He's such a wild and crazy guy. NOT!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to ncyankee

Crazy week--dd and dgs here all week, 2 weekends in DC to pick them up (they rode the train) and take them back (dsil drove down and we celebrated dd's b'day).

I don't even want to think about our running around for games and lessons--those days are over!

cveira
cveira 
Queen
cveira
In response to scrapperbee

Reading along.
Heading out on a business trip until Saturday over to the other end of the island. not sure about the wifi situation at the hotel. Be good and stay safe.

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.
In response to cveira

Hi ladies, reading along

Eileen, I haven't had a snake inside my house but Matt did kill one right at the front door last summer. If I had opened it, it would have easily gotten inside or tried to bite me...oh, the joys of living in the south!

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to Tena E.

I can't tell you how scared I am of these snakes. In Illinois, we had garter snakes. I really never saw one, though.

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio
In response to LesleyC

I haven't seen snake in years (except in a zoo of course). I used to see them when we were little and played in the woods are day every day. I never had any problem with them so I'm not really scared of them now. But I don't know what I'd do if I was really faced with one either. My boys have brought in a lot of creatures to show me over the years, but never a snake, Thank God. Right now all the little toads are hanging out in neighborhood in the watery places. They want to bring all of those in and make them pets.

Bev, I hope you are enjoying your time with the family.

I stopped by to see my Step-Dad this weekend and things aren't looking good for him. In Feb he had a large tumor removed from the just above his pancreas. It was blocking everything from getting to his pancreas. He had a whipple procedure where they removed a whole lot of things and re-connected them somewhere else. (I didn't understand it all). Anyway, he thought he was done after that but they called and said his biopsy came back with several spots of unknown areas in the bottom of his pancreas. So even though they don't know for sure what those spots are they are saying it's Stage 2 Pancreatic cancer and he will have 6 months of chemo. He already looks horrible. When my Mom died he weighed about 165lbs, this week he weighs 124lbs. His clothes are just falling off him. He doesn't leave his house, stays home with his dog and just drinks and smokes all day watching TV. I don't know what his plan his for the chemo. I do know from my time in the hospitals and from talking to my sister that anything in the pancreas is bad news.

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

I'm so sorry, Mindy. Do you think your stepdad has lost his will to live, after losing your mom?

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio
In response to LesleyC

• LesleyC Said:
I'm so sorry, Mindy. Do you think your stepdad has lost his will to live, after losing your mom?

Yes, he told me (and I surprised he admitted it) that he had already lost 15lbs during the holidays before he started having the issues with his pancreas but he said he missed Mom and he went on a "liquid diet" aka: BEER. But I'm guessing maybe he was also already having symptoms of the cancer/tumor and he just didn't know it yet. Honestly, between you and me, I have no idea why he would want to put himself through chemo when he's not really living a life at all. But that's always my thoughts on chemo/radiation. if you don't truly have something worth fighting for, cause these treatments are a fight. Than I wouldn't bother. But I know that's not everyones' opinion. I just wouldn't want to go through all that to go back to living the life he is living right now. He's not even trying to go out and meet people or date or stay in contact with his daughters (his real daughters, not us). I don't know. He just found out not long before I went over. I told him I'd call or stop by with the boys soon and talk to him about it again after he's had time to think about it. And just so you know. My answer for my Mom was the same. I'm not just saying that because he's my step dad and we're not super close. I told my Mom the exact same thing and that it was her decision to make, not anyone elses.

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to ncyankee

Mindy- sorry you are dealing with this with your step-father. Hugs

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to AllAmy

Mindy-That was my exact thought about the chemo. Why would he even bother going through it if he's a) not likely to beat it and b) doesn't want to beat it. And, c) because chemo can be worse than cancer. It has to be so difficult to witness, even if you aren't close to him. xoxo

Page 833 of 833 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics