Page 840 of 840 
Username Post: WTTS (Will Travel To Scrap!) Girls! (Closed Group)        (Topic#1500653)
LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to scrapperbee

Happy anniversary, Bev! Sorry about your computer - that stinks!!

Mindy-Haven't heard about Ava in awhile. Are she and the cats doing any better?

I'm doing my best to get stuff done in the house before DD is home all summer. I'm so unmotivated, though.

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio
In response to LesleyC

Lesley, yes and no. Ava and Loki are fine now. They're not friends by any means. But there's no hissing, barking, or chasing any more. Thor and her are still doing all those things but not as much. Ava however is not behaving very well. Honestly, since Ryan became a detective and there is no opportunity for him to have a K9 now on patrol. It's like he totally gave up on trying to train her or having any real interaction with her. His whole attitude with Ava changed as soon as he became a detective. So her behavior is definitely reflecting that. I'd like to say I'm surprised by it all. But I'm not. Ryan just isn't a dog person, he keeps trying, but he's just not. I'm so thankful he didn't get the K9 position now.

How is Brody doing with your cats now? I see Brody has settled in wonderfully.

Edited by mindyradio on 06-01-15 08:04 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to mindyradio

• mindyradio Said:
Lesley, yes and no. Ava and Loki are fine now. They're not friends by any means. But there's no hissing, barking, or chasing any more. Thor and her are still doing all those things but not as much. Ava however is not behaving very well. Honestly, since Ryan became a detective and there is no opportunity for him to have a K9 now on patrol. It's like he totally gave up on trying to train her or having any real interaction with her. His whole attitude with Ava changed as soon as he became a detective. So her behavior is definitely reflecting that. I'd like to say I'm surprised by it all. But I'm not. Ryan just isn't a dog person, he keeps trying, but he's just not. I'm so thankful he didn't get the K9 position now.

How is Brody doing with your cats now? I see Brody has settled in wonderfully.

Brody is settling in fine. He's definitely more comfortable which means he will head upstairs now (where the cats are). They are still hissing and barking at each other, but they keep their distance. We are still working on dog aggression; he's great with little dogs, but with big dogs, he gets crazy.

I'm sorry about Ryan. Have you called him out on it? No reason you can't train Ava and/or, take her to a trainer that will help make her part of the family rather than a K9, know what I mean?

MelissaW
Queen
MelissaW
In response to LesleyC

Just checking in!

Congrats for scholarships and graduation, Eileen!

Happy anniversary, Bev!

I just got called today that my apartment will be ready between the 14th and 19th. Praying for the 14th because I *really* want to get out and get settled in. Will have a definite move in date soon and an address as soon as they email it to me! Yay!

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to MelissaW

I am in the midst of tearing apart my guest room/office/craft room. When we moved, I didn't really put any thought into what would make the most sense in the room. So I put my yarn on shelves "on display" and put the majority of my scrap supplies in the closet. As a result, I use hardly any of my scrap supplies, and the cats are getting into the yarn. :/ So I'm moving things around. It also needs to be more "guest friendly" as we will have company over the summer and right now, there's no available hanging space in the closet.

I plan on being extremely productive in my office once this is done.

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.
In response to LesleyC

Happy Anniversary Bev! Glad you got your computer back.

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to Tena E.

Christine & Melissa- neither of your lives are burdens to us and we want to hear from you, even when going through the blues. That is what life is about- sharing the ups and downs. Hugs and love to you both.

Las Vegas- Well obviously I could come cuz I’m a hop, skip and jump away. But airfare might be even higher for East Coast folks and I know that would prohibit those who currently drive. But I’m all for looking into it and seeing how it turns out. Vegas is such a cool place now - so much improved from just 15 years ago when it was all sleazy. It’s gorgeous now with great restaurants and chefs, fabulous shows and fun shopping and architecture. How about having an additional Las Vegas crop in addition to the Michigan one at CP? Or is that too much. I’m often too much.

I will likely hit Las Vegas with some girlfriends soon but not for scrappy fun. I used to do trade shows so would be in LV once a year for that. Took the fun out of the place a bit when I had to work so hard there.

WTG Brendan/Eileen on the scholarships and awards. And kudos to Connor and proud mama Mindy- that boy is fast!

Realizing that WTTS is this month and flights are too expensive makes me sad. So I scrapped pics from 2012 WTTS and now I’m not sure if I feel closer to you guys again…or farther away.

Happy anniversary, Bev.

We have a couple more days of school then the chaos of summer. Lots of camps and fun things. Russ and I have a weekend to ourselves around his 40th birthday. I want to travel someplace cool. He won't commit to anything. Grrrrrr. We also don't have a "big" summer vacation planned yet but do have a 2 week section that is perfect around our other activities. Maybe just camping but I'm itching to travel and explore! WE have the money but hubby is resistant because I'm spending $13k on a new bathroom. We have the money but he doesn't see the need (there is a hole in the wall and the floor leaks). It NEEDS to be done.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to AllAmy

Computer has a virus. Back to geek squad.

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to scrapperbee

I'm not talking about a scrapbook event at my house. I'm just telling you it's available for a friends get away.

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio
In response to ncyankee

OH Bev, that stinks. I've yet to figure out why people are so nasty to make viruses just for the mean of it.

Amy, Yeah, that sounds like the bathroom needs to be worked on. I'm resting today as I spent most of last night and early this morning puking and well, not puking. It hit Connor end of last week, Ian this weekend, and me last night. I suspect Ryan is next. Thankfully no fevers, just a 24 hour bug kinda thing. Anyway, I spent the day booking our vacation in Florida in early July. I had to wait until I had Connor's soccer camps and Ian's kindergarten camp schedule. Plus Missie and her family are coming up for July 4th. So now that everything is in place I got it booked. I don't love the idea of being in Florida during the hot of mid July. But we had to schedule what we could. We're usually there during spring or fall, so I'll probably be a whiny baby.

Lesley, I talked with Ryan about this before he even got Ava. Also that I wasn't happy that he got rid of my Sweetie girl cause he didn't think he liked having a dog and then turned around a few months later and got this one. I think he was thinking strictly a work thing and not a family pet. I don't pretend to understand his logic. But I am the one taking care of Ava now.

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to mindyradio

Ugh, Mindy feel better!

Amy-I hated having to work in Vegas. Walking to the convention center at 6am when people are still out drinking is not my idea of fun.

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to LesleyC

Yes - nothing is close in Vegas. You see your hotel and think it' sonly a block -- yes it's a LONG block.

When we were staying in Vegas looking at houses -- we'd always take the 6am flight home. we'd be done getting a cab and all the drunks were rolling in -- I'm way too old for that nonsense.

Page 840 of 840 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics