Username Post: WTTS (Will Travel To Scrap!) Girls! (Closed Group)        (Topic#1500653)
Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to byondbzr

• byondbzr Said:
  • mindyradio Said:
Janet, Cathy said the same thing to me last year. On our drive to the crop last year. SHe says, 'No offense, But I want to be at the opposite end of the room than you. I see you and talk to you a lot more than I see the rest of them. We have the whole drive there and back to chat"....LOL And we did sit at opposite ends. Although I did hog Rebecca and Judy last year and I do get to crop with them at once sometimes twice a year outside of the WTTS too. But I will have them in the car with me for 4 1/2 hours there and back this year. Maybe I should share them this year too.

LOL, I doubt anyone really WANTS to sit by me. They just get stuck by me and have to put up with it! I did like my spot last year, I got to see all of you being on the end like that. Very cool indeed.

You had a little more to get messy where you were-lol!

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to mindyradio

• mindyradio Said:
I'm pretty proud of my packing so far. I have gotten rid of (temporary of course) my little rolling tote, my black CM shoulder bag, and multiple little holders (ink, punches....etc) and have got it all in my XL rolling tote, a large 31 shoulder tote, and my small shoulder tool bag. I may actually be able to bring my Thickers bin now. We are gonna pack that after Rebecca & Judy pack their stuff. If it fits I am bringing it, if not than it's gotta stay home. I think you all will be SHOCKED.

We all know the Thickers will make it to the crop, along with the buttons!

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to Claggy

Janet- Last year we got there last so got last seating but were both still surrounded by awesomeness. How cool is that! When I arrive depends on how much Mel shops before we arrive. I concur with Mel- it's about the memories more than the pages.

I was going to pack some wine but I think only Eileen and I drink wine??? Without her there, I don't want to be a loner.

Mel- Don't worry about cleaning for me. I'm embarrassed to show my house right now. So what did I do about it--- well I took a nap today after going to the gym.

On men and cleanliness. My husband doesn't mind a dirty house though I seriously do. But my mom and sister are serious clean freaks and absolutely judge me and tell me to my face. Ah, the joys of honesty. Here's the kicker though, one of my hubbies BFs is seriously a clean freak. He is so OCD he puts labels on his cabinets where dishes are to be returned. I made the joke that I don't clean before my hubby's friends come over and this guy's wife (one of my BF's) told me that actually her hubby would notice because he has issues. Guess that is why their house cleaner comes every week. I do know though that if my husband starts cleaning, it means that I have left it too long and it got "that" bad.

Rebecca- I LOVED being near to you last year. Your work is pure art and seriously inspires me. To see it created in person is watching art in motion. MIndy- I totally remember also thinking- what is she doing with the stick and netting. Magic!

Nancy- seriously what did you do to the other ladies at your table to make Cathy, Kathy and Eileen not come back?!? JK hun. Glad you found another crop for the day but NO ONE can replace us!!

Mindy- so thoughtful of you. I'm a water girl, so all good. Unless there is alcohol, then I'm...well...nicer.

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to AllAmy

• AllAmy Said:
Janet- Last year we got there last so got last seating but were both still surrounded by awesomeness. How cool is that! When I arrive depends on how much Mel shops before we arrive. I concur with Mel- it's about the memories more than the pages.

I was going to pack some wine but I think only Eileen and I drink wine??? Without her there, I don't want to be a loner.

Mel- Don't worry about cleaning for me. I'm embarrassed to show my house right now. So what did I do about it--- well I took a nap today after going to the gym.

On men and cleanliness. My husband doesn't mind a dirty house though I seriously do. But my mom and sister are serious clean freaks and absolutely judge me and tell me to my face. Ah, the joys of honesty. Here's the kicker though, one of my hubbies BFs is seriously a clean freak. He is so OCD he puts labels on his cabinets where dishes are to be returned. I made the joke that I don't clean before my hubby's friends come over and this guy's wife (one of my BF's) told me that actually her hubby would notice because he has issues. Guess that is why their house cleaner comes every week. I do know though that if my husband starts cleaning, it means that I have left it too long and it got "that" bad.

Rebecca- I LOVED being near to you last year. Your work is pure art and seriously inspires me. To see it created in person is watching art in motion. MIndy- I totally remember also thinking- what is she doing with the stick and netting. Magic!

Nancy- seriously what did you do to the other ladies at your table to make Cathy, Kathy and Eileen not come back?!? JK hun. Glad you found another crop for the day but NO ONE can replace us!!

Mindy- so thoughtful of you. I'm a water girl, so all good. Unless there is alcohol, then I'm...well...nicer.

I did ruin it for Kathy. Sorry lady! Just couldn't swing it financially. We are on a serious spending diet!

MelissaW
Queen
MelissaW
In response to Scrap-Time

• Scrap-Police Said:
I'm going to miss you girls.

We will all miss you, too. I don't know about everyone else, but it is going to be weird not having you or Cathy there this year!

MelissaW
Queen
MelissaW
In response to MelissaW

Amy, I drink wine, but don't worry about packing any. I was going to run to Paw Paw in the morning and get a couple of bottles from St. Julian's. I have 2 bottles at home, too, for Thursday night's dinner.

And don't worry... I'm not cleaning more for you than I normally would clean my house. LOL

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to MelissaW

After reading all of the chatter, I am really sad that I won't be joining you all this year. I hope you all have a fabulous time.

My Mom is doing fair. She gets up and tries to do her usual routine but she tires so easily. She says that she can't sit back and wait to die but continue on as she always does, just on a much smaller scale. She has CHD of the small blood vessels. Those cannot be stinted but treated with more meds which may or may not help at this point. As her blood supply decreases, she is at greater risk for a stroke or heart attack. She is experiencing some serious angina attacks and we all have instructions as to what we need to do if something happens. Two of her four stints are not properly working but they won't replace them until they get to a certain point of not working. They work like the vessels they have to have a certain percentage of blockage before they will consider a stint. Same way for replacements.

Plus, my dh felt it necessary to share his cold so I have a terrible sore throat right now as well as all of the usual aches and pains of a summer cold.

Hope everyone has a great day and I look forward to hearing all about your wonderful weekend and seeing all of your beautiful creations.

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to Anna C

• Anna C Said:
After reading all of the chatter, I am really sad that I won't be joining you all this year. I hope you all have a fabulous time.

My Mom is doing fair. She gets up and tries to do her usual routine but she tires so easily. She says that she can't sit back and wait to die but continue on as she always does, just on a much smaller scale. She has CHD of the small blood vessels. Those cannot be stinted but treated with more meds which may or may not help at this point. As her blood supply decreases, she is at greater risk for a stroke or heart attack. She is experiencing some serious angina attacks and we all have instructions as to what we need to do if something happens. Two of her four stints are not properly working but they won't replace them until they get to a certain point of not working. They work like the vessels they have to have a certain percentage of blockage before they will consider a stint. Same way for replacements.

Plus, my dh felt it necessary to share his cold so I have a terrible sore throat right now as well as all of the usual aches and pains of a summer cold.

Hope everyone has a great day and I look forward to hearing all about your wonderful weekend and seeing all of your beautiful creations.

I know it eases your mind staying close by your mom. Hoping you feel better. Remind your DH certain things do not need to be shared in a marriage, and a cold is one of those things.

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to Claggy

I'm upset this morning. My aunt called-very early-to tell me my mom is in the hospital. She's i Ohio, and I'm in Oklahoma. She has an infection in her big toe and it will have to be amputated. That's the 9th toe to come off!

She's acting like its not a big deal. But I know she's not taking care of her diabetes. She forgot her meter when we were in Wisconsin Jun 7-12! She was walking funny (more than normal)during that time, too!

I don't want to be hard on her or turn "mom" on her, but geesh! As much as I disliked my dad, I wish he was here, because she wouldn't fight with him like she does me!!

I'll probably be heading that way afterall this week. But it won't be for fun and scrapping!

Pookahbot
Governor
Pookahbot
In response to Claggy

I drink wine, too.
I was thinking about baking something today but it's so darned hot in here that I'm not sure I want to fire up the oven. I'm concerned that it's going to be one straw too many on our financial camel's back, but we signed a contract to have central air installed. We ended up going through Home Depot, mostly because we decided to finance part of it rather than tap out the rest of our savings...which we're probably going to have to spend to pay off the rest of Evie's tuition and/or a shortfall in our escrow account. Someone made some stupid error and sent us two checks that we think shouldn't have been sent, and my husband cashed and spent both of them. Grrr. Oh well, it is what it is.
I'm a water drinker, too, so no worries Minday

Pookahbot
Governor
Pookahbot
In response to Pookahbot

Anna, glad to hear that your mom is stable, if somewhat tricky. I wish you could have come, too, but understand your need to be near her.
Nancy, I'm so sorry. It's hard to see people we love not take care of themselves.

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to Pookahbot

Perhaps I should pack now. Murphy's Law- William, my oldest is getting sick as I'm getting ready to leave. This happened last year too before WTTS. He has asthma so gets sick often but sheesh. So now he just wants his mommy and to cuddle and I can't get up to pack or clean (my agenda today). Only lay here! I love snuggles but it is hard when I feel like I have deadlines for a million other things. And most of all, my heart hurts that I am leaving while he wants me.

Anna- hugs on the continuing medical journey with your mom. My father had several mini strokes before he died. The doctors never really did get his meds right. He was quite disheartened his last few months, knowing that his health was deteriorating. It was so disheartening for us children as well. I'm the kind of person who wants to "fix it" and some things I just can't do. Left me feeling quite powerless. But that roller coaster actually helped me to feel more peace when my father did pass away.

Nancy- I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's toes. Holy Moly- 9 out of 10! Sometimes in our life, we do need to step up and become the parent in our parents' life. I know I have had to with my mom's Alzheimer's. It's not fun but necessary. Sadly, my sister who lives with my mom and really is the best for my mom has the hardest time "telling" my mom what to do. My sister is a bit of a push-over and this is my only complaint with her care-giving of my mom. Plus I know it is so hard on my sister's psyche. Noone wants to lose the Mommy who takes care of them and become the mother who cares for their mother. I hope both your mother finds control with her diabetes and you find a happy role in her health management. I know it is so hard when she is further away too. Hugs.

SaraS
SaraS 
Governor
SaraS
  • SaraS on 06-20-12 10:24 AM
In response to AllAmy

I love white wine

Do I need to pack a nicer outfit for the outing on Sat. night? I mean, I plan on scrapping in comfy clothes and that is not something I would wear out to dinner, lol!

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to SaraS

weather report for those packing clothes:

Fri Jun 22
high 79°F
low 55°F
Partly Cloudy
CHANCE OF RAIN: 10%
WIND:NW at 9 mph

Sat Jun 23
high 80°
low 60°
Partly Cloudy
CHANCE OF RAIN: 20%
WIND:NW at 5 mph

Sun Jun 24
high 79°
low 55°
Isolated T-Storms
CHANCE OF RAIN: 30%
WIND: WNW at 9 mph

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to AllAmy

• AllAmy Said:
Perhaps I should pack now. Murphy's Law- William, my oldest is getting sick as I'm getting ready to leave. This happened last year too before WTTS. He has asthma so gets sick often but sheesh. So now he just wants his mommy and to cuddle and I can't get up to pack or clean (my agenda today). Only lay here! I love snuggles but it is hard when I feel like I have deadlines for a million other things. And most of all, my heart hurts that I am leaving while he wants me.

Anna- hugs on the continuing medical journey with your mom. My father had several mini strokes before he died. The doctors never really did get his meds right. He was quite disheartened his last few months, knowing that his health was deteriorating. It was so disheartening for us children as well. I'm the kind of person who wants to "fix it" and some things I just can't do. Left me feeling quite powerless. But that roller coaster actually helped me to feel more peace when my father did pass away.

Nancy- I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's toes. Holy Moly- 9 out of 10! Sometimes in our life, we do need to step up and become the parent in our parents' life. I know I have had to with my mom's Alzheimer's. It's not fun but necessary. Sadly, my sister who lives with my mom and really is the best for my mom has the hardest time "telling" my mom what to do. My sister is a bit of a push-over and this is my only complaint with her care-giving of my mom. Plus I know it is so hard on my sister's psyche. Noone wants to lose the Mommy who takes care of them and become the mother who cares for their mother. I hope both your mother finds control with her diabetes and you find a happy role in her health management. I know it is so hard when she is further away too. Hugs.

Thanks Amy. A couple of much older friends have suggested I but out. But if I do, she will die, soon, when it's unnecessary. I hate this!!!!!

This is what families go through with untreated mental illness, too! Trying to protect them from themselves.

Pookahbot
Governor
Pookahbot
In response to Claggy

I just realized that I do not know where any of my scrap luggage is. Uh oh.

Pookahbot
Governor
Pookahbot
In response to Pookahbot

(ps...you mean you guys think I shouldn't go to dinner Saturday night in my pjs???)

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to Pookahbot

I'm willing to be seen with any of you in your PJs. But we will miss out on Kathy's nippling!

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to AllAmy

So I started packing. My suitcase holds my page kits organizer and my scrapbook bag of tools I place on my desk (with scissors, tape, etc.). And that's it. So either I wear the same outfit the entire trip, pay for another suitcase or do what I did last year- pack all my clothes into my carry on. Hope you all don't mind a wrinkled me. I will bring deodorant and toothpaste though. Some things are essential (like a full suitcase of scrapbooking stuff!).

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn
In response to AllAmy

Amy: I like (errr... LOVE) wine.

Just to clarify: I'll sit by any of you Seriously.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics