Username Post: WTTS (Will Travel To Scrap!) Girls! (Closed Group)        (Topic#1500653)
SaraS
SaraS 
Governor
SaraS
  • SaraS on 10-09-12 03:22 PM
In response to AllAmy

Glad you got it Amy! There isn't a ton there, but I would rather someone use it then just throw it away.

So this week I have lost a diamond earring and have to have a root canal on a tooth that already had a root canal. As Eileen would say, "Oy!"
Thank goodness for insurance! Russ was smart enough to take out jewelry insurance on the earrings, so they will either match a new earring to the existing one or I will get a new pair.

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio
In response to ncyankee

• ncyankee Said:
Wish I was closer -- I have so much "baby" stuff. LOL.

Did I tell you I got a 5 week old shepherd (guess he's 6 weeks old now). He's a foster boy. Him x 10 = "OH MY".

What are your plans when they get to adoption age? I can call some lab rescues locally and see if they know anyone in your area.

Thankfully they're mostly eating and sleeping right now. I know that will change very soon. Any help you offer would be fabulous. We are planning on keeping one (although Connor has his heart set on two, but at least it's not all 10...hehe) and we have a few people interested. Other than that we really haven't pushed it much. This is out first time with pups, so other than facebook, I really had no idea where to start.

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio
In response to Scrap-Time

• Scrap-Police Said:
Melissa - won't that mean they will then be up and you won't get to go to bed? Good that you are thinking of revenge!!

I think that's why she's doing it on friday night. So no one will have to be up for school the next morning. Seems like a good idea to me. It's happened to us on more than one occasion with our boys. I never thought about getting them back. I wonder if it's to late exact my revenge.......lol

MelissaW
Queen
MelissaW
In response to mindyradio

• mindyradio Said:
  • Scrap-Police Said:
Melissa - won't that mean they will then be up and you won't get to go to bed? Good that you are thinking of revenge!!

I think that's why she's doing it on friday night. So no one will have to be up for school the next morning. Seems like a good idea to me. It's happened to us on more than one occasion with our boys. I never thought about getting them back. I wonder if it's to late exact my revenge.......lol

Minday, I'm sure there will be another time in which revenge can be enacted.

My sleep is very precious to me. And of course, the idea of enacting revenge would mean that I would have to stay up later than 9 pm... something I haven't been able to manage for about 2 weeks now. LOL

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to MelissaW

Just popping in.. Either date is fine for me for next year Genie.

OH, for the VLB challenge, the person being discussed here wouldn't happen to be the one I am "lifting" for Eileen's current challenge, would it? I rarely get comments from her. She does drop a lot of pages too. I often feel guilty I don't keep up, but I do try to! I get discouraged because usually when I AM chatty there, no one comments back in the thread. I feel ignored often, so I have pretty much been a drop off/LOTO and acu commenter for awhile because of that.

dancinirish90
Queen
dancinirish90
In response to byondbzr

Becca - yes, at least, that's who I took it to mean. I get a few comments here and there, but it always seems to be on my crappier LO's. LOL - She never looks at the ones I'm actually proud of. Weird. And she never looked at the one I did from her sketch when Nancy used it at MSC. You'd think she'd at least do that.

Sara - thanks for the reminder. I lost my diamond bracelet in May, and I still haven't filed a claim -- been living in denial and hoping it will turn up. Pretty clear that's not going to happen at this point.

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.
In response to dancinirish90

Hi ladies, just reading along.

Rebecca, sorry you feel that way, I always miss you and your pages/altered art when you're not there...so just talk to me and I'll always answer lol.

Sara, glad you'll get to replace your earring.

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to Tena E.

Personally I'm okay talking to myself. I very rarely disagree with me.

SaraS
SaraS 
Governor
SaraS
  • SaraS on 10-10-12 04:15 PM
In response to AllAmy

you girls!

Yes, that is who I meant Rebecca. She is DOO in the worst case.
And I sometimes feel that way too. Sara "the thread killer" Soukup. I stayed away from some challenges because of that when I first started on SB.com. I got over it. I've learned to just keeping chatting and talking to myself if necessary like Amy said lol. So start posting lo's and Tena and I will chat your ear off

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to SaraS

You girls crack me up!

I try not to feel discouraged but this past month or so I've been in the dumps. I am trying to be a better sport. But it seems one thing on top of another. After Jim's car dying on the side of the freeway and having to junk it over the weekend, I am really fighting a depression. I HATE being stuck at home all of the time, and now that we are down to one car, which isn't in the best shape, well life just seems to suck. Yes I am throwing a private pity party, boo-hoo-hoo!!

I shall stamp my feet defiantly as well...

Monday I distracted myself with everything I could. Made chicken pot pie from scratch, made monster brownies for the kiddos, cleaned, scrapped, laundry.. I had a good day, yes, but I can't do all that everyday to distract myself from crappy life things.. Le'sigh....

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to byondbzr

And ladies thanks for being nice about my new easel album, I am happy about that. Sara I will find out where/when you can get one. I hope Angel gets on the ball and ships me samples soon. Her priority is customers first, as it should be, but HEY I designed it, ya know! GIMME!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to byondbzr

Thinking out loud here- Maybe I won't lift you-know-who then, she likely won't even see it....

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to byondbzr

Just for the record, I may not talk much on the threads--but I really enjoy reading the chatter and giving love on lo's and projects.

lpeeps
lpeeps 
Mayor
lpeeps
In response to Tena E.

I can finally say I'm CU! Holy Cow, I was far behind. Life has been super busy and in the midst of it I have been dealing with a migraine for 4 days now. Any ideas on how to zing it? I have to do something. I am headed out of town tomorrow for a surprise girls weekend for my SIL who is turning 50. Then my best friend and her family decided on an impromptu trip to see us on Sunday since her kids and my kids all have Monday and Tuesday off. Actually my kids are off starting tomorrow for a week. Anyway, they will be here a few days.

Sara- bummer on that diamond earring. I lost the diamond on my wedding ring and we weren't able to replace it. The deductible would have been more than it was worth...we got married very young and poor. So, I am still without a wedding ring and not looking at getting one anytime soon. For now I wear an old ring he gave me and realize marriage is more than a ring, right??

Mindy- glad you are hanging in there with the pups. I can't even imagine taking care of that many. I'll be anxious to see how many you actually end up keeping. Can you resist the boy's pouty lip and please mom, just two??

Rebecca- Sorry things have been rough lately. That feeling of when it rains, it pours is so heavy sometimes. It's hard to pull yourself up when it feels so overwhelming but we'll be here to keep encouraging you on. It's funny, we've never met in person but I feel through here and fb. that you all have become my friends and I hate to see you down. And for the record, I look forward to your layouts because they put me in awe. You are my background idol! I have tried painted bg's and they just don't look like yours. On the last one you dropped off did you dry brush the black paint on? Or can you give up your secrets?? I'll be looking to order one (or more) of your stand up albums. I think they would make great presents.

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to lpeeps

Thanks Lisa! Yes, for the background I dry brush with a 1" wide brush. Also used a little charcoal glimmer mist.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to byondbzr

Congrats Rebecca on your mini creation for Basically Bare! And you are a fabulous artist!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to Anna C

Thanks Anna! If anyone really wants an easel album here ya go, copied from VLB challenge:

Angel just sent me this. She is happy to get your orders right away! Here:

--Hey Bec!
Anyone who wants to order the album can contact me directly. The large album (8" tall) is $8.99 and the small (6" tall) is $6.99. They will eventually be on scrapbook.com but I don't want to make anyone wait. We accept credit card or PayPal. They can also order additional items as well. We ship either ups or USPS. Have anyone who wants to order immediately call 404-788-6381. If they need more info they can email me here.

apruitt@basicallybare.com

((Please NO credit card info via email!))

Thanks! So excited everyone loves it!! Angela---

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to byondbzr

Sara -- sorry about the earring. OY! Just had to throw that in for you. I guess I do say that a lot. Funny for an Irish Catholic girl! LOL.

REbecca-- I wasn't being nice when I said I liked the new mini. I LOVE IT!! You know how talented I think (well know) you are. Now who it the problem on the VLB???? I'll have to go look. I'll have to go peeking. Nosey nellie I am. For being the hostess I've been totally out of the loop. I try so hard to keep up on love but often fall behind on the chatter lately.

Mindy -- don't forget about pics of the doggies in your abundant spare time. LOL. FYI to everyone -- one of the rescues I work with can probably help with placing Sweetie's puppies up north (new england). Their spay/neuter laws can be so stringent that some shelters are practically empty. Oh I could dream of that happening here in cr@ppy NC.

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to byondbzr

Ok I went and peeked. It's exactly who I was thinking too!

Rebecca -- lift me lift me lift me!!!! VLB executive order!

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio
In response to byondbzr

Rebecca, you already know how proud I am of you and your products for BB. You are far more productive than I am when I am in the dumps. I just sit around all day whining. If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy....LOL

Lisa P, OH I can usually resist the pouty lip (not so much the big blue eyes). I can definitely resist when it comes to the puppies. We have a small ranch house. There is not room for that many dogs, a cat, and 2 busy boys. Sweetie and 1 puppy will be plenty. We are a house divided about which puppy though. I want to keep 1 of the golden ones, everyone else wants the brown one. We'll see who wins.

I have a scrapbook fundraiser at our church tomorrow for the missions team. I'm really not motivated to go. I did get some LO ideas printed and put with pics last night. But that's about it. Planning on staying up late tonight to get everything together. I always have fun at them. But my back hurts so bad lately from the traction and I have had a sore throat for 2 days now. Just waiting for the full on cold and/or flu to come with it. Hopefully not.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics