Username Post: WTTS (Will Travel To Scrap!) Girls! (Closed Group)        (Topic#1500653)
scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to mindyradio

Becca, love the new mini; I'm not normally a mini person, but this would make a wonderful gift for MIL! maybe dd too.

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to scrapperbee

LOL, Eileen I will lift you! Pic a page you want me to lift and I'll try.

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to byondbzr

Thank you Bev. And you know what, I am hearing that a lot from people about the easel. They don't necessarily like or do mini albums but want it because it is so different. I think if it gets out there, becomes popular... it might get copied in the future by other companies. Mayhaps I'll start a trend in mini albums, lol!

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to byondbzr

I love mini's (don't do them enough). But I find my scrap area is a total mess when I do them. But they are so much fun -- I think they could become addictive.

LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC
In response to ncyankee

Hey ladies,

Sorry to be so quiet over here. Work is really good, but if course now I don't get home until 6 and then it's dinner, bath for Nina, spend a little time with her and John, and then I'm usually in bed by 9 or 9:30! I have been keeping up as best I can. I think I over scrapped last month in an attempt to get those 30 pages done, and got just a wee bit burnt out. Lisa and I are cropping at the end of the month; hopefully I can rally by then.

I've also starting teaching cookie decorating classes at area park districts and have booked a couple of private birthday parties as well. Those are easy money makers for me. Unfortunately, the business is still at the point where everything I make is going back into the business, and im not paying myself; since it's just a side hustle now, it's not paying much. Had I not incorporated, I could be earning a heck of a lot of extra shoes-and-paper money!

We are all doing fine here. I booked Nina's surgery. She is having her strawberry hemangioma removed on January 31. She has one of the best docs in the world for this surgery, but still, I'll be glad when it's over. It's very noticeable (only shows in some pics, since I try not to photograph it) and I don't want her to go to kinder next year with something that kids will undoubtedly make fun if her for if it can be removed easily.

So that's that. And I knew exactly who you meant by the infamous "drop four and run" on the VLB, but she has commented on a lot of my stuff. I just always question how sincere she is, since my scrapping is about the furthest thing from her style.

Speaking of scrapping...any of you scrap photos of someone who is/was not a happy part of your life anymore? It's a very long story, but my grandmother (well, mostly her choices) made my life hell for the last three years of her life. She passed away last April, and I want to scrap some photos of her. But they are really just photos and not memories...does that make sense? At one time, we had a great relationship, but she did so much damage to my family that I'm having a hard time seeing past the bad. Thoughts? Maybe I just talked myself out of it, lol...

Becca-I am loving that album, and how cool to find your love of product design! So sorry for your funk.

LisaP-So glad ds is back in his A game, and that he got to have your parents there to see his game. It is truly a blessing that your mom was having a good day, too.

mindy-I can't wait to see the puppies grow and grow! And grow! They are going to be sooo fun very soon.

Dang I'm chatty at 5am. Hopefully this knocked me out.

Edited by LesleyC on 10-12-12 02:17 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SaraS
SaraS 
Governor
SaraS
  • SaraS on 10-12-12 04:07 AM
In response to ncyankee

• ncyankee Said:
Ok I went and peeked. It's exactly who I was thinking too!

Rebecca -- lift me lift me lift me!!!! VLB executive order!

lmao!!! You can't deny a VLB order!! Do it Rebecca, do it!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to LesleyC

When it comes to commenting, I don't normally doubt the sincerity of anyone. I am sure when she does comment that she is genuine. My style is different from many on the VLB but I still enjoy looking at the pages and can find something I like about everyone else's work. I hope everyone knows that! I believe you can learn and be inspired by everyone as long as your heart is open.

I only know of a few people, who I don't see around anymore, that were bad about commenting. They would say "Great page." or "Nice LO." and then COPY and PASTE that on EVERYONE'S pages in the challenges! I am not kidding, they did it!

Now, I bet that made catching up on leaving love VERY easy, but it meant squat to me. They weren't looking at the work at all. I cannot remember their screen names, but I think they are gone now.

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to SaraS

• SaraS Said:
  • ncyankee Said:
Ok I went and peeked. It's exactly who I was thinking too!

Rebecca -- lift me lift me lift me!!!! VLB executive order!

lmao!!! You can't deny a VLB order!! Do it Rebecca, do it!

LOL yep I cannot get out of it now! Off to scrap it right away..

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to byondbzr

i'm going to lift this one..

Champs By Ncyankee

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to byondbzr

Here's my lift, you like Eileen??

Start Your Engines **Moxxie** By Byondbzr

lpeeps
lpeeps 
Mayor
lpeeps
In response to byondbzr

Getting ready to head out for my girls weekend. Leaving the boys and their social agendas to their dad, YIPEE!! I will say it is so much easier to get away for the weekend now that they are older. It used to be more trouble than it was worth when they were little and I had to look ahead to every detail and prepare. Now I just wave, blow a kiss and say you know where the fridge is

Lesley- Adjusting to working and family after being home for so long is going to take time for sure. Can't believe you are trying to fit in the side jobs too. You are a busy girl. Glad you will get to spend some scrappy time with Lisa soon.

Rebecca- way to follow Eileen's order. You did awesome.

Might not have time to check in till after my friend and her family leave. Please don't be too chatty... I'll never catch up.

SaraS
SaraS 
Governor
SaraS
  • SaraS on 10-12-12 10:10 AM
In response to lpeeps

Us? Chatty? Nah....

dancinirish90
Queen
dancinirish90
In response to SaraS

I'm lifting Eileen too, but I haven't picked one out yet.

Lisa - have a great girls' weekend. Cassie and I are going to have a girls' day tomorrow. Movie, shopping, dinner. Tomorrow night is the Homecoming dance, and she's not going so I want to do something fun to cheer her up.

I think I'm going to see Seven Psychopaths tonight.

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to byondbzr

Becca- you are fast! with the time difference you choose the page and scrapped while I was still asleep and posted it while I was just waking up.

Lesley- my advice on the grandma pics is to just wait till you are in a different heart-state about the memories of them.
Another idea is to let another scrapper do it. I did that once. It was a Christmas Party professional pics of hubby and I. Pre-kids and pre-digicameras so I don't have tons of professional pics of us. But we seriously fought all night. Let's just say, I'm still not over the anger from that night 10+ years ago. So anyways, I joined a swap where we swapped pics and made LOs with our partner's pics. Her style was very different then mine but I don't think I could have put any love into those pics so I'm glad they are in the album and done and that I didn't have to do it. Just an idea.

Regarding the no comments leaver, I don't know that I would have noticed but I did look and realize she doesn't usually comment on any of my pages. Wonder why she even joins if she isn't going to do it? Odd.

LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC
In response to byondbzr

• byondbzr Said:
When it comes to commenting, I don't normally doubt the sincerity of anyone. I am sure when she does comment that she is genuine. My style is different from many on the VLB but I still enjoy looking at the pages and can find something I like about everyone else's work. I hope everyone knows that! I believe you can learn and be inspired by everyone as long as your heart is open.

I only know of a few people, who I don't see around anymore, that were bad about commenting. They would say "Great page." or "Nice LO." and then COPY and PASTE that on EVERYONE'S pages in the challenges! I am not kidding, they did it!

Now, I bet that made catching up on leaving love VERY easy, but it meant squat to me. They weren't looking at the work at all. I cannot remember their screen names, but I think they are gone now.

Becca-I'm so sorry if I offended you with my comment about insincerity. (I can't tell if I actually did offend you, so I might be overly defensive!) It was specifically directed toward that individual, especially since she doesn't post on most people's LOs, and doesn't get involved in any chatter. And I TOTALLY get what you mean by the cut and pasters, lol. Anyway, no harm intended. I should know better than to post at 5am.

Amy-What a brilliant idea, to have someone else scrap her for me. I don't know if I'll ever be in "that place" to feel close to her. She did some pretty serious damage. Maybe I'll just hang onto the pictures and call it a day. I don't know what I'd tell Nina about her down the line.

LisaP-Have a GREAT girls' night -- well deserved! Have fun!

LisaL-Sounds like a wonderful night with Cassie. Enjoy! I didn't go to homecoming until my senior year, and never went to prom, and it so doesn't matter now. (Not that those words are comforting when you're 16!) Can't wait til the 24th!

Nina tried on her Halloween costume. She's going as a pink Supergirl. The outfit is hilarious. I am holding off taking pics until Halloween, but I almost couldn't help myself!

OK, have a great night!

dancinirish90
Queen
dancinirish90
In response to LesleyC

Regarding what Amy wondered about the individual we've been discussing - I don't know for sure because I have no experience with this, but it seems that I've heard in the past that when a person is on a design team, part of their commitment is to get the product out there, as in join challenges. I think she might consider VLB an easy way to fulfill some part of her DT commitment. I also think that she may believe that by randomly commenting no one is noticing that she doesn't do them all. I normally don't notice if someone skips a LO here and there, but when it's habitual, it draws attention. I get annoyed about the inconsistancy of her comment leaving, but I do like her and find the comments she does leave to be interesting and insightful.

I told Cassie that I never went to a single high school dance - there was always some reason that they didn't work out. Between boyfriends or groups of us deciding to do something else the night of the dance or whatever. Then I went to dances almost every weekend in college. It was ridiculous. She'll be fine. There isn't even a boy that she likes, and her closest friends aren't going, but she did still hold out hope that someone would ask her.

Seven Psychopaths - totally twisted and funny and disturbing. LOL I don't think it would appeal to everyone. Lots of violence.

Pookahbot
Governor
Pookahbot
In response to dancinirish90

Good morning girls.
I'm sorry I'm such a flake. I flake on VLB all the time, I don't know why you guys keep letting me play. I took this month off, hoping to start fresh in November. I read through all the pages that I missed today. I don't think I've heard from everyone yet, but I will go through the PM's on Sunday or Monday and see if there seems to be a consensus. After I run it by you a final time, I'll email Laura at CP and see where we're at.
We had conferences with Evie's teachers. There are only three in her grade this year, but they're in a mixed class with the fifth graders, and they have three teachers; one for religion and handwriting, one for science, and the main teacher. Her language arts (reading, spelling, writing..) scores are high. Her match and science scores are inconsistent. It's both great news and disturbing--both teachers that we met with agree that not only is she smart, but she's clever. She's so easily distracted, and she's always looking for the loophole.
My boss has been ridiculously demanding lately and I'm so tired. We had agreed that I would work three days a week; she can't really afford more, and while I probably could work another day and not run out of things to do, I don't want to. I've been going in on my days off to shoot stupid entitled seniors and rescue her butt in different ways. I did two sessions yesterday, I have to go in for a session before my wedding today (so not happy about that), and I have to go shoot family photos at an anniversary party tomorrow. Blergh. I think this is what's sapping my energy and willpower; I haven't scrapped in over a month.

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to LesleyC

• LesleyC Said:
  • byondbzr Said:

Becca-I'm so sorry if I offended you with my comment about insincerity. (I can't tell if I actually did offend you, so I might be overly defensive!) It was specifically directed toward that individual, especially since she doesn't post on most people's LOs, and doesn't get involved in any chatter. And I TOTALLY get what you mean by the cut and pasters, lol. Anyway, no harm intended. I should know better than to post at 5am.

Lesley NO! I wasn't offended or mad in the least. I was just taking the topic and running with it like I always do. Sometimes I make sense and sometimes I don't! So no worries, no apologies needed here!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to byondbzr

Lisa yes that is true about DT's. They all require you to post your projects in at least one major gallery. That means sb.com or twopeas.. I have a gallery over there and upload when I need to for a DT, but that is all I do. No joining challenges to "up" my page views.

Here on sb.com, I have been a real participating member since 2007 and have been in the VLB since 2008, I just feel STRANGE if I don't join it, ya know? I have had horrible flaky months, and like Genie I feel bad about it, but I do try and I do care!

In order to fulfill my DT commitments all I am required to do is upload to the gallery. I don't need to spread it around. I imagine for her DT she needs actual page views to show she is "working" so I get why she may do it. She should try harder to make friends though and reciprocate love.

cveira
cveira 
Queen
cveira
In response to byondbzr

hello my friends. I have been reading along every night but I am going through one of those funky weeks where I am not up to commenting (personal issues). I hope no one takes it personally.

Rebecca, i love that mini album. I do a few from time to time. Definately will get one.

yep, I knew who you were all referring to over on VLB. lol

Have a great weekend. Been spinning already this morning and heading out to get some errands done soon. It's a long weekend for us here so no work on Monday.

Be safe xoxoxo

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics