Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: I need HELP in deciding a new Adhesive!        (Topic#1500769)
New Kid On the Block

Hello.... I'm in desperate need of a new adhesive... I make tons of cards and I am right now using the Therm-O-Web Memory Tape Runner XL. I love it but it's costing me tons of money... I've been eyeing the Glue Arts Glue Glider Pro/ Glue Glider Max/ Scotch ATG 700... Now I'm looking for something that does what my Therm-O-Web does... 1/4 inch... And I want it to be continuous flow..not the squares... I've tried adhesive squares in the past and they don't impress me... So if anyone out there has any thoughts or have used these items... I would really appreciate some input... I just don't want to get the wrong one for me... And I've tried to read up on them.. but some of the refills were confusing... (High Tac, Square,Perma Tac) I don't know what is what... And what is the length of them... Mine is 600" which they say is 50 FT. So do these other ones offer more footage and is the price of equal or greater value than what I already have? Thanks for reading and Thanks for any responses! T

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to buggaboo69

I just purchased the ATG 714 gun and I am really happy with it, just got it today, but Holly will also sing its praises!!! In fact, she is my enabler!! The tape refills are around $3-$4 each and 60 yards long!!!! The gun is big, but not heavy or awkward.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to StarsNSparkles

• Stephanie_79 Said:
I just purchased the ATG 714 gun and I am really happy with it, just got it today, but Holly will also sing its praises!!! In fact, she is my enabler!! The tape refills are around $3-$4 each and 60 yards long!!!! The gun is big, but not heavy or awkward.

Everything Stephanie just said,,,

you can not beat the ATG 714 (if you want 1/4 you MUST buy the 714 OR you'll have to buy an additional adapter to make it work with the 1/4") for price on adhesive,,,,

it's big and it looks intimidating,,,

My 8 year old grandson uses it,,,,seriously, I'm not kidding,,,,,

My learning curve was 4 minutes,,,,his was 2 minutes,,,

It does take about 10 minutes to learn to load though,,,,,watch the YouTube videos!!!

The others you listed are wonderful products,,,,,but you won't save much money with the Glue Gliders,,,,refills are like 8.00-15.00 (depending on whether for the pro or the max) and are about 1/3 the legnth of adhesive,,,,

for the money and the durability and adhesiveness,,,,I don't think you can get much better than the ATG gun,,,,,

the others have other advantages, but price of refills isn't one of them,,,IMHO,,,,comparitiv ely.

Holly

craftysprinkles
Queen
craftysprinkles
In response to CommaHolly

I use a ton of different glues. I was told recently to try Elmer's Rubber Cement for scrapbooks, because it goes far, dries clear and is cheap. I didn't get the ATG, but decided on the glue glider pro and it's great. I also use Glue Dots mini and regular sizes.

Richelle
Angel
Richelle
In response to craftysprinkles

I use tacky glue for everything! It's a decent price and it holds really well for everything from chipboard to flowers.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Richelle

Quick question about that ATG 714...is it double sided TAPE or sticky adhesive such as "Henkel Easy-Stick Double Stick Adhesive"?

Thaiti30
Expert
Thaiti30

I don't go through alot of adhesive as you do but my very two favorite right now is the Kokuyo dot n roller and glossy accents from Ranger. Sorry but I have no experience with the ATG 700 & 714 or the Glue/ Hero Arts adhesive! Below are all the adhesive I've purchased in the past few years before choosing my favorite adhesive.
Good luck on your purchase!
Products Referenced in This Post:

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean

I'm gonna second everything Holly said regarding the ATG 714. I tried many different adhesives before taking the plunge and investing in the ATG. I can only say I wish I had done it sooner. Would have saved me tons of money because it holds so much tape. My only problem is the tape lasts so long I'm going to forget how to load it.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to DittoBabyGirl

• DittoBabyGirl Said:
Quick question about that ATG 714...is it double sided TAPE or sticky adhesive such as "Henkel Easy-Stick Double Stick Adhesive"?

It's more like the Easy Stick, no tape in there.

The ATG guns are pricey but well worth it and is cheaper in the long run. Actually easier on my hands/wrists. I've got the beginnings of carpal tunnel and the gun is better for me.

I used to use the Duck Easy Sticks. I'd buy them in the 4 pack for around $9. This is equal to ONE roll of ATG tape, which cost me about $3.

My first order of ATG was the gun and 24 refill. With shipping it was $72 which made the cost of each roll at $3. Prices have gone up on both the gun and tapes but it's still cheaper.

Plus after 10 refills it was like free if I'd have been paying for the other adhesive.

Also, I only broke one roll of the dozens I've used. I just rethreaded it and kept on going. I can not tell you how many Easy Sticks I've broken over the past 2-3 years. I never trashed these but they were aggravating to use once broken.
This is where I got mine and I’ve yet to find a place with better prices.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to traceyjean

My hesitation with the ATG is that it is HUGE. I travel to scrapbook, and this thing would take up half my bag!!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Bxr-Linda

Linda, don't be scared of the size. I'm still hunting for a good holster for my gun. This way you can wear it on your hip!

mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara
In response to Vivian loves BLING

I hear great things about the ATG, as others have already said. I'd love to get one, but space is at a premium for me now, so I'm sticking (haha!) to my Therm-O-Web Memory Tape Runner XL because it's the only tape runner that doesn't make me want to pummel it into a tiny piece of mangled plastic, tape, and glue. I have serious anger management issues when it comes to adhesives. The Ther-o-web has saved me from insitutionalisation, no doubt.

I might have to take a third job to afford it, but you can't put a price on mental health.

Edited by mercytiara on 04-07-09 09:10 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kdott 
Resident
  • kdott on 04-07-09 09:20 AM
In response to mercytiara

Girl....I could have written this post!!! I have STRUGGLED with adhesive, had anger management issues like mercytiara mentioned....
I got the Glue Glider Pro, and so far I love it! I got it from Hobby Lobby, so even though the refills are not cheap, I'm going to buy them with the 40% Coupons , which makes it about $5 per refill. Plus, the refills are BEYOND easy to put in. No threading or opening it up or ANYTHING! You just pop it in and it starts working! I know the ATG is probably the gold standard, but I didn't really want to spend that much. Maybe someday! OK...enough rambling!

Expert
In response to kdott

I also just got the Glue Glider Pro--a little bigger than I'm used to, but works really well (too well since I sometimes have to pull something up and reposition it!) I did buy a refill that is repositionable, but haven't tried it yet. I had been using the squares and runner from 3L and wasn't having a problem, just wanted to try something that had more adhesive (especially after going through almost 3 sets at a two day crop!)

jenyjen3
Expert
jenyjen3
In response to HuskerMom98

I use a simple glue stick when I'm making cards. I know that the people I'm sending them to will appreciate the card...but I know it dosen't have to be acid free.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to traceyjean

• traceyjean Said:
My only problem is the tape lasts so long I'm going to forget how to load it.

LOL, I've thought of that myself!!! YouTube is my only advice!!!!!!!!

Holly

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
My hesitation with the ATG is that it is HUGE. I travel to scrapbook, and this thing would take up half my bag!!

You must need a bigger bag. I take two glue guns with me; 714 (1/4") and a 1/2" gun. Love love them.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to jenyjen3

• jenyjen3 Said:
I use a simple glue stick when I'm making cards. I know that the people I'm sending them to will appreciate the card...but I know it dosen't have to be acid free.

I do the same thing.

tufano79
Idol
tufano79
In response to Sunnydi

I have the ATG 714 and I love it!!! It lasts me a long time (like 20 or so layouts) and I'm heavy on the adhesive. Also, the adhesive is thin enough that it can attach even the smallest embellishment.

Good luck!

Hugs, Josie

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to tufano79

love the ATG 714, wish I had gotten it sooner

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics