Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: What is the hardest thing about scrapbooking big events?        (Topic#1501219)
Crystal B.
Diva
Crystal B.

For those of you who tend to scrap a lot of everyday things, do you find it's almost a struggle now to scrap the bigger events? What makes it hard for you to scrap the big events?

I have included a poll, but please feel free to discuss as well

What is hardest about scrapping big events in your lives?
Nothing. I find it easier to scrap events than the everyday moments
Pressure to make the big event pages be just perfect.
Overwhelmed by the large number of photos per event.
Poor picture quality for the big events in our lives.
Other (please describe in your reply)...
You may choose one option.
Votes accepted from 04-12-09 04:20 AM to 04-12-10 04:20 AM.
View results
You are not allowed to vote in this poll.

Edited by Livn4change on 04-12-09 05:25 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi
In response to Crystal B.

For me, it's a 50/50 between too many photos and poor pictures. I take way too many pictures as it is, and always have a hard time choosing. If I had a bigger zoom, I think I could take better quality pics. Then I wouldn't have all the other stuff in photos that I didn't want.

Crystal B.
Diva
Crystal B.
In response to momma paparazzi

I actually intended to make it so you could choose more than one option...but I didn't do it right...oops!

Edited by Livn4change on 04-12-09 04:33 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrills
Veteran
scrills

Too many pictures and the pressure to make the LOs perfect!!!

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to scrills

The pressure to make the pages perfect plus the fact that I'm just not that good a photographer in the first place, on top of being a fairly new scrapper.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to RockStar

making sure I include everything I want to include is a problem. Right now, I have two huge projects sitting in a box on my table: my Disney album and my Showcase 2008 album. There's just so much memorabilia for each trip and so many photos: almost 3000 combined. I haven't had time to break everything down into smaller steps, so right now, I just see the 3000 photos, the folders and piles of memorabilia and the special stash of supplies that I got for both projects and shut down.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 04-12-09 04:48 AM
In response to moxiegirl23

My biggest problem with special events, besides too many pictures, is I just get tired of scrapping the same topic. Like when I scrapped our cruise, by the time I get to end I was so sick of those pictures!!

Crystal B.
Diva
Crystal B.
In response to KimKV

I find that my pictures for a lot of big events are less quality than for the every day events. Also, I agree w/ some others that there are just TOO many photos so you have the challenge of trying to sort and organize and the challenge of getting burned out

And, for some events like my wedding there is definitely the pressure to make the album "perfect"

Shannonmarie123
Pro
Shannonmarie123

I find with the large amount of photos causes a problem, but instead of making pages for all of them, make a couple pages outlining the major things for the day and then make a mini album out of chipboard for the rest of the photos.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by Shannonmarie123 on 04-12-09 05:40 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Crystal B.
Diva
Crystal B.
In response to Shannonmarie123

Yes, I love making mini albums!

PookASaurus
Tenant
PookASaurus

Probably the large number of photos and trying to include everything. I’m getting ready to start on the album from our cruise in 2007 and haven’t quite decided where to start!

Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen

In some ways it's easier to do big events because your theme is already there. But too many pics and the quality of the pics can be a show stopper too!

Sometimes, one gorgeous portrait pic is so much better to do!!!

Brandilynn
Expert
Brandilynn
In response to Scrapbook Queen

lareg number of photos, photo quality AND trying to make em perfect (but the last one applies to all LOs big event or not)

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to Brandilynn

Hey Crystal! For me it's the large number of photos, but lately I've found a solution (for me anyway). I go through and pick out about 20 of my ABSOLUTE favorites, and file the rest away in a regular album. Then I only scrap those, and I try to use sketches with lots of photos to get me started. I've been doing a lot of two page layouts (my son's birthday for example) and using a ton of photos and keeping the design simple.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 04-12-09 08:20 AM
In response to Heather J. Landry

for me it is organizing the pictures. Once I get them all grouped together, I find a sketch to do the layout then make a pocket under one of the pictures to put any extra pitures I don't use on the layout itself.

Right now I have my mo and dad's 50th anniversary to figure out. I have over 1000 pictures to sort through. ONce I get them sorted, the album will somewhat fall into place.

scrapalooza
Diva
scrapalooza
In response to j3Mel

I just don't enjoy doing them. I really like to scrap the everyday moments, ones that you just won't remember. You will most likely remember the big events but it's the little everyday things that are forgotten. I have a ton of just photo albums that I keep my event pictures in so if I don't ever get around to scrappin them my family still has them.

animemama
Veteran
animemama
In response to scrapalooza

I want the pages for big events to look really special. This is made worse by the fact that for things like holidays and birthdays, I just get tired of doing them over and over again. Trying to make a really special layout of something that's gotten boring is hard! I've started challenging myself to be more experimental with those layouts and just have fun with them.

GemGirl
Expert
GemGirl
In response to animemama

• animemama Said:
I want the pages for big events to look really special. This is made worse by the fact that for things like holidays and birthdays, I just get tired of doing them over and over again. Trying to make a really special layout of something that's gotten boring is hard! I've started challenging myself to be more experimental with those layouts and just have fun with them.

Ditto that! I am sooo over doing birthdays!

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato

when you say "big event" the first thing that comes to my mind is an event with lot of photos that will be several pages but maybe you mean "an important event"?
for me the challenges of big events is sorting through all of the photos, staying motivated, trying to make each 2-page spread special, not running out of matching paper& stickers letters.

for me the challenge of scrapping an important event, don't exist cause I don't scrap any. and somehow I find that funny.

D3inKs
D3inKs 
Idol
D3inKs
In response to Gelidy Gelato

I am a detail oriented type person. I don't like to leave anything out. So it is difficult for me to decide which pictures to use and which to leave out and still tell the story.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics