Username Post: Cuttlebug question        (Topic#1501253)
Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg

For those who own this little machine, can anyone tell me if you can use brass stencils with it? I have a ton of the brass stencils and I like them except it is hard on my wrists/hands to use them for embossing. I love the idea of the cuttlebug for embossing but am leery of buying on only to find out that brass stencils cannot be used with it.

So - does anyone have one and use their brass stencils with it? And if so, are there extras that need to be purchased to do this?

Thanks so much for any thoughts provided on this topic!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to Shutterbugg

From what I have read they still have not come up with a way for you to use the brass stencils in the Cuttlebug, yet.

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to NMlady

Thank you for your response. I guess I will hold off on that purchase then.

joy333
joy333 
New Kid On the Block
joy333

Check these out... They show you a way you can do it

http://flatfishpaperarts.blogspot.com/2008/02/cuttlebug...

http://ellenhutson.typepad.com/ellen_hutson_simple_d rea...

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to joy333

yep, the ellenhutson blog is especially helpful, I was going to direct you there as well.

kristin9312
Pro
kristin9312
In response to Here Kitty

What kind of brass stencils are we talking about? or are we talking about nestabilities?

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to kristin9312

I know the Sizzix BigKick and BigShot will emboss with brass stencils. Not sure about the Cuttlebug though.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to kristin9312

• kristin9312 Said:
What kind of brass stencils are we talking about? or are we talking about nestabilities?

no, the traditional dry embossing brass stencils that you use a stylus on.

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to Here Kitty

Thanks Amy. I was at work all day and have not gotten back here to respond to anyone til now.

You are correct, I am talking about the Brass stencils that are used with a light table and stylus. I have a bunch and love the look of what you can do with them but I also have nerve damage in both wrists/hands - so, using them is not as easy for me as it is for most. I am looking for something that I can use them with to do the embossing.

I will check out the links above and see if thats what I am looking for.

Thank you to all who responded here. I really appreciate the input on this.

Resident

After reading both blogs I'm not sure I want my brass stencils to curl I use mine alot with sticky paper and glitter and embossing powder. I think I'm going to pass on this one.
Thanks for the info

cindy

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to craftycindy

For Cuttlebug "sandwich recipes," check out my Cricuts Creating groups blog at http://www.cricutscreating.blogspot.com. It is also linked in my siggy.

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to BlingQueenRia

Thank you to all of you for your responses. I will continue to research this. I truly appreciate everyones input on this!

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne

The Cuttlebug will take the brass emboss stencils but you have to use the Sissix soft pad to do so..
There is a pad for the Sissix that can be used for embossing, you can use it in the Cuttlebug aswell..along with C plate and B plate. It will be rought to reel it thru tho...and ya gotta try with various papers. Dont be afraid to try. The Cuttlebug does take it.

D3inKs
D3inKs 
Idol
D3inKs
In response to TheCharmedOne

I found THIS INFORMATION about using your brass stencils in a cuttlebug.

I found the plumbers gasket at Lowes for less than a dollar.

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to D3inKs

I have used the brass stencils in the cuttlebug and I used a silicone baking sheet cut down to size. The only thing I caution you is that it leaves and impression from the outside of the stencil as well. Looks nice though.

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to CorrieW

Hmmm, a good many of my brass stencils have a decorative edge around them, to it leaving the outside impression could be nice!

Thank you again for all of the links to the blogs and such. I will be pouring over those this weekend when I have lots of time to research it more.

scrapmonique
Resident
scrapmonique

When I bought my CB it came with a black mat specially for dry embossing brass stencils. May be it's possible to buy this mat separately????? I haven't used it yet, because I don't have brass stencils! But I do want to buy them as there are very cute ones to use for cardmaking!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics