Username Post: American Crafts Pen        (Topic#1501267)
Tarynne Wise
Diva
Tarynne Wise

I purchased an American Crafts Marker about a month ago and the fine tip is already dried up! I always make sure the caps are on tight.

Has anyone else had a problem with these?
Products Referenced in This Post:

mommie75
Angel
mommie75
In response to Tarynne Wise

yes i contacted them and they sent me new ones. i had every color.. i have not used them much since then.. i sent most of them into a spring clean up swap because i bought all new markers after those dried out. they told me they needed to be stored laying down not upright.

Renee77
Diva
Renee77
In response to mommie75

I too had this problem. I did not contact the company though

mkthomas
Veteran
mkthomas
In response to Renee77

I had this problem and I didn't contact the company but I have read several places that they should be stored laying flat.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to mkthomas

I've never had that problem (I do store them flat), but AC has the BEST customer service.

Cindy

Tarynne Wise
Diva
Tarynne Wise
In response to cindy312

I did e-mail them and they wrote me back and told me what to try to get them to work again, and said if it doesn't they'd send me another.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Tarynne Wise

I've read that all pens should be stored flat. That is how I store mine, and I haven't had any problems, thank goodness!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to Luvmyfam

I had the same problem and contacted the company. They did send me some new ones with directions to store them laying down. I was storing them in a ped holder on my desk, now I'm storing them in a drawer laying down. I haven't had any problems since.

Mix-on the Memories
Diva
Mix-on the Memories
In response to Amigosa

Most of mine are EK markers and the suggest storing them laying down. The same was with my CM pins.

Jill75
Jill75 
Tenant
Jill75
In response to Mix-on the Memories

I have also learned the hard way. Storing the pens with caps up makes the ink go down the felt inside and so when you use it the next time, it seems to have dried up. So its really safe to store it flat or down so that ink stays on the tip.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics