Username Post: Acrylic Paint Pens - experience? recommended?        (Topic#1501271)
IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 04-13-09 04:26 AM

I have never used acrylic paint for scrapping, but I know a lot of you do and I love the look.

Can I use any acrylic paint? I guess I am afraid it would be too wet. Is there a special kind of acrylic paint for scrapbooking? If so, what brands should I look for? Does it come in tiny little bottles like stickles?

I also saw some acrylic paint pens. They look like markers but have paint inside. You can shake them and hear the ball (like you hear when you shake a spray paint can). Have you ever used acrylic paint pens? Are they easy to use/recommended?

Lastly, can you use spray can paint for scrapping to cover a large area? I think it's probably too wet and would scatter your paper or chipboard when sprayed!

Thanks so much everyone.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to IzzyB

I like Making Memories paint, it's nice and thick. When I don't want to spend that much though, I just buy the acrylic paint from the craft dept. at Walmart.
I've heard good things about paint daubers, but don't have any myself.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Here Kitty

Also, you CAN use spray paint. I have used it before and it works quite well in fact.

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to Here Kitty

I've tried Making Memories paint and I find it dries really fast if you use a thin layer. I also like using acrylic paint pens. I just check to see if it says acid free on the packaging. You've made me curious about the spray paint though. I may have to try it.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to traceyjean

i just use the acrlic paint from walmart or M's it take some time to dry but works just find and is a lot cheaper then the stuff just made for scrapbooking

Thaiti30
Expert
Thaiti30
In response to IzzyB

• IzzyB Said:
I have never used acrylic paint for scrapping, but I know a lot of you do and I love the look.

Can I use any acrylic paint? I guess I am afraid it would be too wet. Is there a special kind of acrylic paint for scrapbooking? If so, what brands should I look for? Does it come in tiny little bottles like stickles?

I also saw some acrylic paint pens. They look like markers but have paint inside. You can shake them and hear the ball (like you hear when you shake a spray paint can). Have you ever used acrylic paint pens? Are they easy to use/recommended?

Lastly, can you use spray can paint for scrapping to cover a large area? I think it's probably too wet and would scatter your paper or chipboard when sprayed!

Thanks so much everyone.

I used Ranger paint dabbers! They're great! Below are the colors I've purchased.
They are easy to use and they are not messy.
I love to use paint but I don't like to have to always clean my sponge and brushes when changing from one color to next! I really love it! I would recommend it to anyone!

minelly
Expert
minelly
In response to Thaiti30

wow thaiti you have alot of that Ranger Ink .Can you post some of your L/o's done using these? im curious i wanna buy them BUT IM ALITTLE SCARED LOL

Scrappy Nan
Idol
Scrappy Nan
In response to minelly

I have purchased/use the scrap brands of acrylic paint, but when it comes down to paint and getting the painted look, I have to vouch for the craft paints in the cheap bottles (like Delta or Apple Barrel). Typically you don't slather it on anyway - I use a foam brush and "dry paint" and it dries quickly. It's great for masking, edging and stenciling. I like the scrap brands for getting colors that are not available with the standard craft brands.

I have lots of Ranger Paint Dabbers - they are super convenient for crops and when I don't want to mess with brushes. But my biggest complaint is when the foam dabber dries out. I have bought replacement dabbers, but that is too much of a pain in the bootie!

Thaiti30
Expert
Thaiti30
In response to Scrappy Nan

Scrappy Nan:
All you have to do is add alittle water and the paint will come right through. I went to the CKC at the Valley Forge Convention center and the Dabber I purchased for dirt cheap were dried up from the inside and the inside paint was very thick so I used an all popscile stick from a rub-on kit and mixed the water with it and now the paint flows better, or just like new!!! I hope this helps!!!!

IzzyB: If you check my Gallery I used the paint Dabber on the cover of my Bind it All book; It's the one with the cooper color and a flourish on it!!!

//www.scrapbook.com/galleries/325075/view /2042785/-1/0/1.htmlntion

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics