Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: Hey Slice Owners        (Topic#1501559)
KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 04-16-09 03:05 AM

Tell how much you love or don't love your Slice. And do you have other electronic machines too.

I have a Silhouette and am seriously think about buying a Slice.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to KimKV

I bought my Slice in January with a 50% off coupon. It's my first machine and I'm in love with this little guy. I don't know if I'll ever want or need another, since this is all I know, and honestly, all I have room for anyway in my little scrap corner. I keep finding new and wonderful uses for my Slice besides scrapping! I'm throwing a surprise party with a butterfly theme, so I'm using it to make butterfly place cards and tiny butterfly confetti, all things butterfly! I had read somewhere that somebody found she was changing the blade pretty often - I've been cranking away and I'm still on the blade it came with, so I'm not sure what that's about. Also, in the beginning, I was religious about cleaning the mat after every use. Then I read someone was covering the mat with wax paper and reusing the mat glue until it didn't stick anymore, so that saves me a ton on the glue! The wax paper trick works great. Hm, what else? Ok, that's it!

tricia07
Guru
tricia07
In response to RockStar

I just bought mine a few weeks ago and I love it. I love the cards...the fonts and symbols are very nice not to mention cheap (especially on ebay). I own the expression (MY FAV) but I bought the slice because I can't always use my expression when my daughter is sleeping so with the slice I just pick it up and carry it downstairs while she's napping and I can use it. So the portability of it is why I purchased it! And I don't feel like I am wasting money buying cards and cartridges because they all have different things on them so it just gives me more variety! I would say go for it...I love mine!!! I already have 5 card for it...EBAY!!!! Cheap!

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi
In response to tricia07

I love mine!! It cuts well.. still on the original blade and I have had it a few months. There are lots of uses for it!! I love the variety on all the disks. I have 4. I don't own anything else other than an old Sizzix die cutter. This was perfect, as I can't afford the $400 expression. Just wondering, Flighobl, how did you get yours for half off??? I got mine 10% thu here. None of the stores around me will let you use Coupons on the Slice machine. Archivers will let me use 30% off on everything else but the machine itself. I will have to try that wax paper idea!!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 04-16-09 04:19 AM
In response to RockStar

• flightobl Said:
I bought my Slice in January with a 50% off coupon. It's my first machine and I'm in love with this little guy. I don't know if I'll ever want or need another, since this is all I know, and honestly, all I have room for anyway in my little scrap corner. I keep finding new and wonderful uses for my Slice besides scrapping! I'm throwing a surprise party with a butterfly theme, so I'm using it to make butterfly place cards and tiny butterfly confetti, all things butterfly! I had read somewhere that somebody found she was changing the blade pretty often - I've been cranking away and I'm still on the blade it came with, so I'm not sure what that's about. Also, in the beginning, I was religious about cleaning the mat after every use. Then I read someone was covering the mat with wax paper and reusing the mat glue until it didn't stick anymore, so that saves me a ton on the glue! The wax paper trick works great. Hm, what else? Ok, that's it!

A coupon? Who let you use a coupon?? Mike's and AC moore both say no.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to KimKV

Mike's and ACM say no NOW, but when the Slice first came out, ACM and J's both let you use a coupon. I got mine for 50% off that way. I got all of my cards, the 12x12 cutting mat, and the spatula for 40%-50% off that way, too. I dragged my poor DH to the ACM to use a coupon until I had all of the first set of cards that ACM carried. They didn't put the exclusion on their Coupons until they'd had the Slice for a month or so (at least, that's how it happened in my area).

I saw that M's occasionally has a sale on the Slice stuff, but not very often.

I really like mine. I have a space issue, as well, and I like the portability of it. I can take it to crops easily. I won a little craft storage basket at a crop and it works perfectly for all of my cards, the 4x4 cutting mat, the books that go with the cards, extra glue, and the spatula. I would suggest purchasing the 12x12 mat if you can, because it makes things a bit easier when you are cutting multiple shapes. You can just move your machine over, rather than having to unstick the paper, move it on the small mat, and start cutting again. Did that make sense?

I think there's great variety with the cards, too. I can't wait for the phrases card and the font card to come out. I use my Slice mainly for fonts. I haven't played with too many shapes yet, although I've used a few. I think the machine is incredibly easy to use.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 04-16-09 04:49 AM
In response to siameseplease

Stupid no let you use a coupon!! (I raspberry them!!) lol

Edited by Kimberkv on 04-16-09 04:49 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to KimKV

That's exactly right Gina! I got my Slice and all the accessories, except for the big bag that no one seems to carry, right when it first came out in January, so I used 50% off Coupons for everything!! I don't go to crops so I don't know why I covet that big bag anyway...

Patti Sylvia
Diva
Patti Sylvia
In response to RockStar

I don't have one, but have 2 friends who do.....1 had to sent it back to Making Memories for repair.....it's been 3 weeks and she still hasn't heard anything.....the other one just bought an Expression and will probably sell her slice.

Needless to say, I won't be buying a slice, but am glad others like theirs so well....

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 04-16-09 06:02 AM
In response to RockStar

I want to start going to crops, I need to get a life outside of sb.com !! I mean I love all my friends here, but other than here, I don't socialize much. I REALLY neeeeeedddd to!!!! So I thought the Slice would be perfect, that way I can't use not have my Silhouette as an excuse!!!

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to KimKV

I have a Pazzles Inspiration and use the Slice when I just want a few quickie embellishments. I really like the variety on the design cards. (I have the first 4.) I like the portability of it most of all. It really upset me when everyone stopped accepting Coupons on the Slice a few months after it was released since I was so looking forward to getting some new design cards. I can't wait to try the new embossing tip; and I'm definitely going to try the wax paper trick.

Cricutgirlg
Expert
Cricutgirlg
In response to KimKV

I tried it at A's and i was not happy with it. I'm glad I passed on it. Try and try it out at a store before buying and see if its a fit for you. I have to two Cricuts and I'm very happy with them.

sweet1
sweet1 
Pro
sweet1
In response to Cricutgirlg

I've had my Slice since Christmas and love it! I found that after it sits for a few days without being used (yes I'm too busy to scrap daily ) and needs to be charged the blade has to be honed. But that's not a big deal. Also, I don't reglue every time I use the mat. I just keep using it until it's not sticky anymore. Then I wash it well and reapply the glue. Saves lots! I only have two cards for it and want more but I love the ones I have.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to sweet1

I do the same as Sweet; I keep using it until it's not sticky anymore. I don't wash after each use. My blade has not needed to be honed after it sits for a few days, though.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 04-16-09 10:04 AM
In response to siameseplease

Welllllll...drum roll..... I bought one!!! now to just have time to play with it!! I have to leave again in about thirty minutes to get my car inspected. I hope to be able to play a little before dinner.

jenyjen3
Expert
jenyjen3
In response to KimKV

Do you know that if you but it from here with the coupon it's only like $109.00. I'm thinking about it.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 04-16-09 12:47 PM
In response to jenyjen3

I LOVE IT!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! This is the coolest little thing - did I mention I LOVE IT!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!

Do you see all the cards coming soon!??

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to KimKV

I KNOW Kim!
About the homing thing, I've gotten into the habit of just homing it automatically as soon as I turn it on.
I just came from lss but they didn't have the new mc's AND they still don't carry Stickles!! grrrr!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 04-16-09 04:01 PM
In response to RockStar

WHAT!? A LSS with no stickles!! Is that even legal?

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to KimKV

I know, I know - they're lame!

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics