Page 1 of 10 
Username Post: Punch Nuts        (Topic#1501605)
Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

No, it's not a new snack. I love punches but I know I'm not getting the best use out them, especially not my corner punches or border punches. I even have books, mostly outdated, that showed me how to use various punched out shapes to make other shapes.

So I wanted to get all this wonder new stuff into one area, this thread.

Share what you've learned. Please link to blogs or images in the gallery here, so we can all learn.

BTW, just got this idea from another thread where someone was asking about a technique to make medallions.

========================= ==========
Basic Stuff:

Fìskars Border Punches

Fìskars Squeeze Punches

T0nic Border Punch System

EK Suc¢ess Punches Demo

Get a little bit more from your Punches!

Fìskars Friday Corner Border Punch

=========================
gg loves Matthew
I just found this list and THESE IDEAS

Ideas:

Circle: balls, candy, wreath, cookies, bubbles, wheels, eyes, faces, bunny tails, balloons, flowers, grapes, berries, paw print (use 2 different sized circles), watermelon (half circle), oranges, animals, apple, sun, moon, ornaments, pizza, caterpillar, umbrellas -- just look around, circles are endless

Star: sheriff badge, night scene, Fourth of July, fire works, birthday, recitals, wreath

Heart: shamrocks, love, wedding, baby, engagement, flowers, animal bodies, lips, vegetables (carrots), cut to make candy canes, cut to make wings or arms and legs

Spiral: hair, fireworks, tails, antennae, tongues, flower vines, dizzy eyes, birthdays, stems, fur

Leaves: plants, flowers, vines, cut to make wings, flames

Squares: gifts, books, blocks, letter blocks

Rectangles: train, books, cards, flower boxes, cut to make stems, "Legos", bodies (torso), legs, piano keys

Ovals: Easter eggs, Christmas lights, animal bodies, flower petals, leaves, heads, shoes, wings

Bears: children's pages, carnival, circus, add bows, combine with child die cuts, combine with circles to make ornaments, gingerbread men, snowmen, dress them up

Bell: hats, legs, flowers, petals

Tips and Techniques: Embossing with a Paper Punch

Scallop Punch Spirelli Tutorial

How to Make Flowers Using a Corner Rounder
========================= ====================
scrapriguez: I have inquired a lot of border punches recently. I do not have any corner punches, which I have wanted to purchase. Then I found (which I have to find the video) out how to creat corners using the border punches. It is very easy and I love the look. I did these two lo's using fiskars border punches and creating corners/frames. Will come back when I can find the video.... I think I saved it. There is another video that was useful with punches as well..... have to find that one too.

Our Family *95
By Scrapriguez

(butterfly) Kisses
By Scrapriguez

And this one I created a journal block using the border punch. Love how it turned out.

Work Zone #2
By Scrapriguez

Fìskars Corner Tutorial

Circle Medallion with Corner Punches

Idea with corner punch and circle decorated punch

========================= ===========
siameseplease:
You can use the large 3" scallop, a flower, and square punches to make adorable chick cards. I'm thinking they'd not only work for Easter, but also for cards to a "cool chick" you know.
I made one and it's in my gallery. I am making another now...I was almost done when I messed it up and now I have to fix it. ARGH. They're cute, quick, and easy (if you pay attention to what you are doing, unlike me! LOL)

MommaSaid:
Right now, the only punch I own is a photo corner punch. Now that I own a Xyron, I'm having fun making decorative photo corners.

BUT that's not my preferred use. What I like to do is cut the photo corners in half and layer them on top of a homemade flower stencil. I've used them in a couple LO's that I've posted here and intend to continue making them in the future.

Sharp Dressed Man By MommaSaid

Seek Serenity Updated By MommaSaid

Vivian love BLING
Bunny using punches

Punch A Leprechaun
You get a funny song with this one.

Christmas Tree

How to Make a Punch Art Owl
I didn't know Stampin Up made punches! I'm so out of the loop. No one told me!

Batty for Punches

Making Patterned Paper with Fìskars Punches

Rudolph made with Punches!

12 Days of Christmas with Punches! Day One A bird in a tree.

12 Days of Christmas with Punches! Day Two Two turtle doves

12 Days of Christmas with Punches! Day Three French hens

12 Days of Christmas with Punches! Day Four Calling birds. Just as I was thinking there's alot of birds in this song, she says the same thing.

12 Days of Christmas with Punches! Day Five Golden rings

12 Days of Christmas with Punches! Day Six Golden geese alaying.She just did the nests and eggs.

12 Days of Christmas with Punches! Day Seven Swan a-swimming.

12 Days of Christmas with Punches! Day Eight Cows

12 Days of Christmas with Punches! Day Nine Dancing girl

12 Days of Christmas with Punches! Day Ten A leaping frog

12 Days of Christmas with Punches! Day Eleven Boy piping

12 Days of Christmas with Punches! Day Twelve Drums

Butterfly Tag By CMLeach

Make a scalloped circle (with a punch or die). Snip in toward the center but not all the way, skipping scallops or doing all of them. Your choice. Fold "petal" and/or ink the edges. Center with button or paper circle or what you like.

PUNCH de scrapbooking Another use for a corner punch. This vid is in French but the visuals are pretty self explanatory.

Punched out Penguin

DIY Photo Corners I normally use a small square punch and punch out the center, then use a much larger square punch around the already small punched out square. Then I cut diagonally and glue these onto the corners directly. Less paper, less thickness but this one on the vid is nice to know.

Christmas Tree Ornament

I went to Staples and bought their Rolodex punch. It's very compact and is made for converting business cards into Rolodex cards. By using it for notepaper it will work in place of the Binding Edge punch which seems hard to find.

It was a little over $8. Very small.

Rolodex punch By Vivian Loves BLING

http://www.fiskarscrafts.com/tv/ has loads of ideas on what to use their various punches.

2x2 Squares By Vivian Loves BLING

scrappycath
My DH, kids and myself are all Disney nuts. And we love LOVE, searching for "hidden Mickey's" when we are at Disney ~ they are everywhere!! You just need to set your brain to thinking about them and you'll start finding them. There's even a travel book with hints to help you find many of the hidden mickeys. We even tally who finds the most.... gotta tell you it is always hands down my middle son Kevin that finds the most! He is the best Hidden Mickey finder!

Anyway - on the pages I recently did from our trip last year to Disneyland in CA, I decided to "hide" Mickey's on the scrapbook pages. OMG - it was so much fun to see people here visit the pages and try to find as many as they could!

We took the album to my folks house over Easter and my parents were enthralled looking for the Mickey's on each page!!

Lucky for me.... I journaled on the back of each page the location of the Mickey's!! Cause I was having trouble remembering where they were!!

I used the smallest little Mickey icon punch to create most of the hidden Mickey's. The one I linked here is not the smallest one on the market - but you get the idea.

You can see the pages in my gallery in the Disneyland Album

Here is one of the pages

Pixie Dust Memories
By Scrappycath

========================= ========
KeepsakeDesigner:

My blog has lots of photos and tutorial on how to use Fiskars punches.

Here is one in the gallery.

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/81860/view/ 2016869/-...

========================= ============
kanary:

EK Success - Paper Shapers - Decorative Punch - Photo Corner Scalloped
You can use this punch to make Christmas trees by layering the photo corners!

========================= ============
provinca:
Okay, I came across this video on how to make a faux pinwheel. Basically, you need 8 squares(use your square punch), a little glue, and voila'!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWwla7feLpY

Here's another one -- pretty basic, but it's a nice looking flower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaH6WybEtRI&a mp;NR=1

Check out this video. One punch = 5 different flowers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf1ZveeASXw

Edited by Vivian loves BLING on 10-03-09 03:09 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to Vivian loves BLING

Right now, the only punch I own is a photo corner punch. Now that I own a xyron , I'm having fun making decorative photo corners.

BUT that's not my preferred use. What I like to do is cut the photo corners in half and layer them on top of a homemade flower stencil. I've used them in a couple LO's that I've posted here and intend to continue making them in the future.
Products Referenced in This Post:

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew

Hi Viv...it wasn't until I saw this post that I realized that I love punches too.....I had to go count them to see how many I have and with the addition of the ones I just got today I am up to 49 punches Here are the ones I got today

~*~ Another Martha Stewart prize pkg ~*~ By Gg Loves Matthew

I just saw an idea today that I really liked....you can see it in this VIDEO It is not the ice cream although it is cute, but the little page she makes showing what punches she used to make it....a nice idea to keep track of all the different ways you can use your punches.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to gg loves Matthew

I have TONS of punches. I dare not count them .

Just got a new fancy heart one from CM today.

Happy punching.

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom
In response to corrie fan

I don't have a picture. But I've taken a heart shaped punch and a sun punch and made a strawberry. Just punch the heart as you normally would. Then punch the sun out and cut it in half. The half sun becomes the green part of the strawberry. Just cover the top of the heart with the half sun and VIOLA! instant strawberry!

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to JayAndXansMom

I haven't posted the layout I finished tonight but you can use the small tag punch and the word window punch to make a flower pot. They are so cute. I will load the picture when to this thread when I upload it tomorrow.

craftysprinkles
Queen
craftysprinkles
In response to cdjohnson

I have a lot of punches too. I like my leaf punches when I do paper piecing and I have a few border punches that I use quite a bit. Once in a while I pull out a punch I hardly use and am just glad I bought it way back when.

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew
In response to craftysprinkles

I just found this list and THESE IDEAS

Ideas:

Circle: balls, candy, wreath, cookies, bubbles, wheels, eyes, faces, bunny tails, balloons, flowers, grapes, berries, paw print (use 2 different sized circles), watermelon (half circle), oranges, animals, apple, sun, moon, ornaments, pizza, caterpillar, umbrellas -- just look around, circles are endless

Star: sheriff badge, night scene, Fourth of July, fire works, birthday, recitals, wreath

Heart: shamrocks, love, wedding, baby, engagement, flowers, animal bodies, lips, vegetables (carrots), cut to make candy canes, cut to make wings or arms and legs

Spiral: hair, fireworks, tails, antennae, tongues, flower vines, dizzy eyes, birthdays, stems, fur

Leaves: plants, flowers, vines, cut to make wings, flames

Squares: gifts, books, blocks, letter blocks

Rectangles: train, books, cards, flower boxes, cut to make stems, "Legos", bodies (torso), legs, piano keys

Ovals: Easter eggs, Christmas lights, animal bodies, flower petals, leaves, heads, shoes, wings

Bears: children's pages, carnival, circus, add bows, combine with child die cuts, combine with circles to make ornaments, gingerbread men, snowmen, dress them up

Bell: hats, legs, flowers, petals

GemGirl
Expert
GemGirl

Reminds me that there was a series of books way back when called "Punch Your Art Out" of how to make shapes using your punches. Sorry that I can't place my hands on them to give publisher info at the moment....

SplendidMoments
Governor
SplendidMoments
In response to GemGirl

I have inquired a lot of border punches recently. I do not have any corner punches, which I have wanted to purchase. Then I found (which I have to find the video) out how to creat corners using the border punches. It is very easy and I love the look. I did these two lo's using Fiskars border punches and creating corners/frames. Will come back when I can find the video.... I think I saved it. There is another video that was useful with punches as well..... have to find that one too.

Our Family *95
By Scrapriguez

(butterfly) Kisses
By Scrapriguez

And this one I created a journal block using the border punch. Love how it turned out.

Work Zone #2
By Scrapriguez

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to SplendidMoments

You can use the large 3" scallop, a flower, and square punches to make adorable chick cards. I'm thinking they'd not only work for Easter, but also for cards to a "cool chick" you know. Here's the link:
http://inspireddesigns.typepad.com

It's the April 2nd entry. I made one and it's in my gallery. I am making another now...I was almost done when I messed it up and now I have to fix it. ARGH. They're cute, quick, and easy (if you pay attention to what you are doing, unlike me! LOL)

Edited by siameseplease on 04-17-09 05:12 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to siameseplease

Gina...that chick is SO cute!!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to corrie fan

• corrie fan Said:
I have TONS of punches. I dare not count them .

Just got a new fancy heart one from CM today.

Happy punching.

I think I'll count mine just to be nuts.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to MommaSaid

• MommaSaid Said:
Right now, the only punch I own is a photo corner punch. Now that I own a xyron , I'm having fun making decorative photo corners.

I'd like to see it!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• gg loves Matthew Said:
Hi Viv...it wasn't until I saw this post that I realized that I love punches too.....I had to go count them to see how many I have and with the addition of the ones I just got today I am up to 49 punches Here are the ones I got today

~*~ Another Martha Stewart prize pkg ~*~ By Gg Loves Matthew

I just saw an idea today that I really liked....you can see it in this VIDEO It is not the ice cream although it is cute, but the little page she makes showing what punches she used to make it....a nice idea to keep track of all the different ways you can use your punches.

I love her punch book!!! It's so cute!

I've been working on a Rolodex of my punches and dies. This way I can see them by categories. Blame it on OCD. Now I'll need to make one for different combos, like that ice cream cone!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

The OP may get very long.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to GemGirl

• GemGirl Said:
Reminds me that there was a series of books way back when called "Punch Your Art Out" of how to make shapes using your punches. Sorry that I can't place my hands on them to give publisher info at the moment....

I think I have all 3 or 4 in that series. Of course they don't have the nesting punches, none of Martha's or any of the new border punches. That's why I wanted one on line. So it could be up to date with all the new stuff.

I'm guilty of buying punches and not using them. Bad Vivian! I really love them, especially the lever types like the Retro Flower one below. Not so thrilled with the press types like the scallop circle below.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to SplendidMoments

• scrapriguez Said:
I have inquired a lot of border punches recently. I do not have any corner punches, which I have wanted to purchase. Then I found (which I have to find the video) out how to creat corners using the border punches. It is very easy and I love the look. I did these two lo's using Fiskars border punches and creating corners/frames. Will come back when I can find the video.... I think I saved it. There is another video that was useful with punches as well..... have to find that one too.

Our Family *95
By Scrapriguez

(butterfly) Kisses
By Scrapriguez

Work Zone #2
By Scrapriguez

I'm gonna hold you to it!

These are great!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to siameseplease

• siameseplease Said:
You can use the large 3" scallop, a flower, and square punches to make adorable chick cards. I'm thinking they'd not only work for Easter, but also for cards to a "cool chick" you know. Here's the link:
http://inspireddesigns.typepad.com

It's the April 2nd entry. I made one and it's in my gallery. I am making another now...I was almost done when I messed it up and now I have to fix it. ARGH. They're cute, quick, and easy (if you pay attention to what you are doing, unlike me! LOL)

I prefer to not link outside of sb.c if we can help it. I couldn't link your cute chicky's image. So I just linked to that page.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

This is an awesome thread Viv! Such creative ideas!

Page 1 of 10 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics