Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Horizontal or vertical when it comes to storing 12x12 paper...        (Topic#1501671)
Mimmy96
Veteran
Mimmy96

I posted this on another forum and thought I would ask here as well.....I have always used the horizontal method when storing my 12x12 paper because I was always afraid of the paper bowing or warping in the middle from standing up on it's side.. how is everyone else doing this and what do they like the best? My husband built me cubes that I put my paper in... I love them but I just don't think I am satisfied..... TIA!

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Mimmy96

i did veritcal and hated having crinkled edges. I now do horizontal

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom
In response to Just G

Yep, mine are horizontal as well. I use 12x12 Sterilite drawers to hold mine.

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi
In response to JayAndXansMom

Mine are in the vertical Cropper Hopper storage for paper. It is all in my IKEA cabinets. But, then I really don't ton.

naf
naf 
Idol
naf
  • naf on 04-17-09 11:21 AM
In response to momma paparazzi

I think that it depends on how much room you have for storage. I dont have scraproom I just have a little closet to storage all my pp and products soo, the only thing I can use so far is Cropper Hopper and... I loooove it!!!

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to naf

I have a ton of paper and there is just no way I have the space to store it horizontally. I use the Cropper Hopper vertical paper storage holders.

hodgepodge722
Veteran
hodgepodge722
In response to Nancy Keslin

i use the Cropper Hopper vertical storage too. i keep quite a bit of cs in there tho so as long as it's fairly full, i havent had a problem with it warping.

i keep my pp (basic grey, k&co etc) packs or sets horizontally on shelves in a storage cube. then i also have hanging 12x12 file folders that i got a million years ago in a rack, so they are vertical too. again, there are enough papers that they kind of keep themselves straight.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to Nancy Keslin

• homesclscrapper Said:
I have a ton of paper and there is just no way I have the space to store it horizontally. I use the Cropper Hopper vertical paper storage holders.

Same here, but I also store some kits horizontal.
I am a paper freak.

scrapnread
Guru
scrapnread
In response to DawnInAZ

Horizontal. I don't like the idea of bowing paper, or crinkled or bent edges.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to scrapnread

BOTH!!!

Rolling File Carts
By Bling Fairy Vivian

Make Your Own Hanging File Folders for 12x12 papers is my blog with images and detailed instructions.

Day 27-January 27 By Vivian Loves BLING

Papers By Vivian Loves BLING

Nothing gets bowed or bent in any of these systems.

naf
naf 
Idol
naf
  • naf on 04-17-09 11:49 AM
In response to Vivian loves BLING

• Vivian loves BLING Said:
BOTH!!!

Rolling File Carts
By Bling Fairy Vivian

Make Your Own Hanging File Folders for 12x12 papers is my blog with images and detailed instructions.

Day 27-January 27 By Vivian Loves BLING

Papers By Vivian Loves BLING

Nothing gets bowed or bent in any of these systems.

Oh My Vivian.... I think you need more pp!!!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to naf

I was thinking the same thing. Actually, I've emptied all the DCWV papers from the rolling cart, so it's more than half empty. I do NEED more paper.

scrapalooza
Diva
scrapalooza
In response to Vivian loves BLING

I have 2 accordion files that hold my 12x12 paper & I love it.

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to scrapalooza

I do mine vertically now. I did store it horizontally for a long time but it was just too hard to lift the stacks off of the shelf to find what I wanted (I have bad wrists, which makes lifting things difficult sometimes).

I got some of the Cropper Hopper storage things and I love them. I also cut up my old "club scrap pizza boxes" and created my own vertical storage containers (like magazine holders). I used smaller boxes that my photo paper came in for making my 8.5 x 11 holders.

This system works so much better for me because now I don't have to lift anything, I can just finger through the edges to see the paper. And nothing gets bent/warped or wrinkled.

Jadedlady
Veteran
Jadedlady
In response to Shutterbugg

Horizontal.. in a tub with a snap lid. It's a red hot mess in that it's not organized whatsoevah!

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to Jadedlady

Horizontal. I have 12x12 stacking Paper Trays that sit on top of a dresser. The dresser drawers hold ribbons, stamps and ink, punches, and other craft stuff like wrapping paper.

Cindy

Ynanayoung
Diva
Ynanayoung
In response to cindy312

I have it Horizontal & Vertical. I like it both ways so far. I also have the Paper Trays .

Patti Sylvia
Diva
Patti Sylvia
In response to Ynanayoung

I have them vertical in the Cropper Hopper s......as much as I like the horizontal storage, it does take up alot more room and the containers are much more expensive. I've had no problems with warping or bent edges. I use the dividers which help support the pp. My cardstock is sturdy enough to prevent this as well.

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to Patti Sylvia

I'm a vertical paper storage fan. I use the Cropper Hopper vertical system for loose paper and cardstock I've had no problems. When the paper is stored vertically it is easier to select the piece you want to use. The stacks I store horizontally.

Pawz94
Pawz94 
Veteran
Pawz94
In response to dotfree

I store my paper vertically right now, but I'm working on going horizontal!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics