Username Post: Lumpy pages question        (Topic#1501677)
Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg

I see alot of absolutely beautiful LO's that have nice flowers on them but the flowers are not flat. I also see alot of beading and curled edges and many other things that are 3D in a sense. What I cannot figure out is - how do you get something that lumpy into a page protector without smashing the flowers, curls, etc?

Is there a specific brand of albums you all use or a specific brand of page protectors that can handle lumpy pages without crushing them?

I'd love to try a few pages with flowers but I know they will get smashed in the page protectors . (I store my books vertically and I don't overload my albums with pages).

Thank you for any insight on this that anyone can provide!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to Shutterbugg

Mine never get smashed, cause it's not like they stick up so high that they would smash. It's not really as bulky as you would think.
I use Stampin Up albums and also have some K & Company ones. I just bought some CM albums, with side loaders, but I am sure they will even be ok in those.

Jadedlady
Veteran
Jadedlady
In response to Shutterbugg

I asked the same question and anderjackie kindly directed me toward We R Memory Keepers 3 ring binders.

I've seen some pages here that I can't imagine would even fit in a plastic sleeve and I sure wouldn't shut them up in a book!

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to Jadedlady

While I take every precaution (storing vertically, using spacers, etc) I wonder if it's the fact that the page IS lumpy prevents it from getting smushed. Because I've got all that, the layered flowers and the curled edges and I don't have a flattening problem as yet.

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi
In response to RockStar

I have CM albums, and just started buying the new true 12x12 with the side loading pages. I think they will be fine if, like you said, don't overload your pages - or squish your books on the shelves. I also store mine vertical. I have max'd them out as far as pages, but only if there aren't a ton of embellies and such to weigh them down. Especially back when all of mine pretty much consisted of only CM products. Now, maybe not as many pages, as I have more "stuff" on them, sort of.

~ShawnaH~
Veteran
~ShawnaH~
In response to momma paparazzi

i just use the chipboard or foam spacers and it seems to be okay.

DivaDana
Diva
DivaDana
In response to ~ShawnaH~

I haven't had a problem with my things being smashed either.

LPinto
LPinto 
Expert
LPinto
In response to DivaDana

I know what you mean as many scrappers use florals that are not "scrapbooking" embellies, but rather flowers that you would see that come off a plastic/wire stem from the floral department. Many of those(such as roses) would easily flatten in a scrapbook. Some people place those in plastic bins instead of albums.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to LPinto

if i have a really bulky LO i am sure to put a flat Lo on the back side. The page protectors are made to be a little 'loose' so you can put 3D elements in there

ozzyvik
Diva
ozzyvik
In response to Just G

Yeah, I use the tree ring binders, with page protecters too and they are great but I still find that some things do flatten a little. I guess it just adds to the character of the page.

JoJorenee
Queen
JoJorenee
In response to ozzyvik

I was just so proud of my latest LO 'Day Dreamer' it has paper curling and wondered how the heck am I going to store this!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to JoJorenee

I'm really worried about my albums; they have been stored in an old trailer on my brothers property for over a year. They are all laying flat in the box I think. I can't remember much about what else was packed in the box. I'm also worried about if the mice have gotten into the box.

JaymieLiz
Idol
JaymieLiz
In response to NMlady

chipboard inserts with extension post are great!

Edited by JaymieLiz on 04-17-09 11:49 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

okiegrandma
Guru
okiegrandma
In response to JoJorenee

• JoJorenee Said:
I was just so proud of my latest LO 'Day Dreamer' it has paper curling and wondered how the heck am I going to store this!

It's a beautiful layout. Such a sweet day-dreamer.

JenTheMadScrapper
Expert
JenTheMadScrapper
In response to okiegrandma

This is something I have been thinking about lately. I have noticed that some of my lo's are actually denting the lo opposite and this is not ok with me! What I need to do is start storing vertically and also I think it's best not to let one book get too full. If you wait for a sale you can get new book fairly cheap and I would rather have tons of books then a few that are overloaded and have smashed dented pages.

Many people have mentioned the 3 ring binders I was gonna give those a try. I am so over post albums. They are a nightmare for me. How exactly do you use chipboard or foam spacers?

I am not as worried about things getting a bit smashed as I am the opposite page getting dents in it from embellishments. I don't want to limit myself when doing a lo becuase of fears of smashing or denting. So I think storage is really they key. I just need to figure out what the best way it.

sankie1987
Pro
sankie1987
In response to JenTheMadScrapper

i use alot of flowers and those kinda things i havent had a problem with them other then the one that was stored on it side the page protector got little indications on it but other then that nothing

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics